2023 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

I think most of us had forgotten Harper had worked with Cash back in  the city.  The look Flick gave her was really daggers  and btw what's with all this slo-mo stuff going on when people are walking along - it doesn't bring anything to the storyline and is very annoying.     Remi,  after his chat with Levi, did try and talk Eden round but to no avail.  Then Cash gave it a go and she did agree to talk to him but she was so aggressive with him and still not prepared to forgive him, which from what he said their mum did, so felt he had to walk away from it.  She does hold one hell of a grudge doesn't she? 

Well done Remi for calling out Eden & Flick when he heard them slagging Cash off, yes he can get involved but it's because he cares.   Anyways it seems Felicity did take his advice eventually and talked to Harper, though didn't look like it was going too well.  I think Flick has forgotten Harper did help her to get in touch with the right people after her rape. 

OK Levi is a top notch heart surgeon but there was no need for the way he spoke to Xander, it was Mac's choice to discharge herself, it just made him sound arrogant. 

Mac is finding it tougher than she thought it would be, there would be no-one thinking she's weak to admit she was wrong and going back to hospital. But it's only been one day.  I'd forgotten Tane was staying there which is just as well as it seems Mali is away with Rose, but like it would be with Mali he can't be there 24/7 so she would be on her own a lot.   I know she hasn't told Dean but hasn't she been in touch with her mum, couldn't she go and stay with her?  Another thought will we be seeing Flick visiting Mac?  I think enough time has gone by now for the dust to have settled.

Edited by H&Alover

Final 60% of this week was blah and some scenes just felt shoehorned in or leftover from other episodes (I'm aware this show is 22mins, 20:30 sans ads/recap/previews but jeez make it fit proportinate)

Mac relapse, Blind Freddy could see it comin'.

Alf's episode count this week:Four. The only characters to make three were Irene, Marilyn, Justin and Mackenzie.

That was a slightly undercooked apology from Felicity to Harper but at least they had a bit of a chat and Harper presumably won't feel the need to avoid her anymore. And I'm glad she got to visit Mackenzie and clear the air, which I didn't think was going to happen given how much of the episode had gone by: I forgot they hadn't spoken since Mackenzie sent her away from the hospital.It might have been polite for Tane to give them the room rather than sitting there in earshot, but then he and Felicity couldn't have had their charged moment, which I suspect has more to do with Felicity's subsequent good mood than she'd be willing to admit.

Cash and Eden was a bit meh. They haven't really resolved anything over Levi, but I guess, as Felicity says, "Baby steps." Mackenzie gets another medical drama just in time for finale week.Alf still seems to be glossing over the truth of what happened with Henderson.

Justin and Kirby felt like two characters who were owed an episode. It's a shame that Theo's surprise has been spoiled and I'm not too comfortable with Justin taking over from him finishing the song: Did they even both to ring him and ask if he minded?

Haven't seen today's yet so recapping yesterday for the minute; I loved the scenes with Mac and Tane, it shows the stregeth of the bond in their shared history. I understand Mac's fears and also that kind of desperation to feel normal again, I think sometimes it's forgotten that the psychological impact of illness and injury can be just as difficult as the physical stuff.

I do feel for Cash but he should stay out of the Eden/Levi thing, she doesn't have to disregard her feelings and memories just because they're family. They've survived and thrived without each other, no need to heave up bad stuff to satisfy others, Eden should trust her instincts.

Loathed the Flick/Eden 'woe is me' henhouse attitude, it's the one thing about women I really dislike about us generally!

Something else with Xander and Levi's belittling, have they forgotten that Xan was once a paramedic? I think it's a shame he didn't stand up for himself.

Felicity sounded about as sincere as a snake in a mongoose's nest with Harper and I quite enjoyed the fact that although Harper accepted it, she didn't roll over and pander Felicity with false praise.

The Tane and Mac scenes were lovely, Tane would understand her anxiety I think as he has had a panic attack before and he knows what it's like to be in fear of your life lke that; I know they did have a dallience and yes, they probably would make a better couple now than back then but I think too much has gone on than to be anything more than family at heart, I'm glad he was straight there for her (love the drama). I understand him staying close with the Felicity encounter, for Mac's sake as she is still fragile in all ways and although Felicity often says she'll keep her temper, if someone looks at her the wrong way she can go off, so I think he wanted to be sure she wouldn't endanger that.

As I've said before, he may still love her, the lies and the scars they leave can be too big and too stressful to spend the rest of your life living under them for either of them. 

For Flick that was a good apology and Harper took it as it was meant and while I don't think they'll ever be best buddies it has cleared the air and they can move on.   I liked how Felicity was with Mac but has been mentioned why did Tane hang about, he surely didn't think Flick would lose her temper with Mac again and  cause her to have another attack.  Anyways ff as she did have another one/panic attack and she hadn't been doing anything strenuous just having a cup of tea. Nought to do with anything but I did like her jimjams.  Good job Tane was there to give assistance and call an ambulance and as we saw Levi blames Xander.  In Levi's eyes the fact that Xander had been a paramedic would mean diddly to him, not wanting to labour the point  but it was Mac's choice she discharge herself. 

That was a charged moment between Tane and Felicity.  

The fact it's finale week in Aus next week does explain the drama that is about to unfold.   They finished on 29/11/23 and started up again 8/1/24, so we'll  still be two months behind.  Not giving anything away but one of the synopsis for next week in one of my TV mags says 'Eden & Cash clash' - sorry I know it's silly but didn't who wrote that think of what they were doing or was it deliberate? 

Once Kirby had been updated, well an abridged version from Marilyn, of why Justin had been so short with her and where Leah was she did have the grace to apologise for railroading him  He also apologised for being snappy with her.   He was so touched when he uncovered, accidentally,  the song  Kirby and Theo had been putting together.  Hope they do run it by Theo, who it transpires has gone to see his mum,  I know Justin can play the guitar but can he compose a song/write lyrics?  

Not the only one thinking Alf is being a tad optimistic, to put it mildly,  with his comment to Dana about him seeing no problems with him  re-instating John in his job as Life Saving instructor.    

Will add Mac did make the big mistake of consulting the equivalent of Aus Dr Google re her symptoms and they always give the worst case scenarios first.  

Edited by H&Alover
  • Like 1

After a lengthy trailer at the end of Friday's episode showing Mackenzie being rushed into surgery, it wasn't exactly a surprise that her getting the all clear from the paramedics was a false false alarm. Levi continued to be unnecessarily obnoxious with regards Xander; I'm glad Dana had a word with him and it's a shame Bree wasn't more forceful about it. Alf seems to have slipped back into his old role as the town grandfather, advising Tane, Xander and Mali over how to handle things. (Of course we then get a trailer with Mackenzie apparently awake so...) Oh, and we learn her mum doesn't know what's going on either!

Justin was becoming incredibly irrational and I felt sorry for Kirby having to deal with him.Hopefully he'll calm down now she's had a word.

Edited by Red Ranger 1

It did look at the beginning we had been a false impression but no as it turned out she had been rushed back into hospital and then into surgery.  From what we were supposed   to gather it was a panic attack, not surprising really seeing her looking up the Aussie equivalent of   Dr. Google checking up on the likelihood of her having another heart attack.  That is never a good idea.  The paramedics did their best to  persuade her to go to hospital but they couldn't drag her out and tie her down in the back of the ambulance.  Wonder if that will come out at ND's, a record of it will have made of it wouldn't there?    Anyways, Mali is back and been brought up to date so she's got three guys looking out for her, odd there is no woman friend, apart from Felicity, she is close to.  Flick I think, would be there but she's running SALT, though she could take it in turns with Xander to be there for her, of course not  a good idea to be there when Tane is.    The guys did mention that neither her mum or Dean knew anything about her condition but probably felt they shouldn't go against her wishes not to tell them. 

Not sure what the discussion  between Xander and Bree regarding her counselling and how she still felt bad about what she did was for.  She had no choice, she was defending herself. 

The questions Levi was firing at Xander he couldn't answer as he wasn't here, it was only Mali and all Mac said was she was going to have a lie down.  Mali popped his head in once and it did look like she was asleep, it was only when Xander checked in and she had moved onto her back and it did look odd enough for him to check. Levi did seem to backtrack a bit when Dana informed him Zander had been a paramedic so did know what he was talking about.   It was rather touching  seeing Tane, Xander and Mali holding their vigil and it showed how much they all care about her.   It did need Alf to give them the nudge to stop wittering and do something about it. 

Talking of whom we got a little teaser that Alf's optimism about how he'd have no trouble  about getting the committee seeing his point of view regarding John being re-instated as Life Saving Coach  could be wrong. 

Another one, this time Justin, who found out Eden had  a brother  when he and Kirby bumped into him.  Agree Red,  about Justin and his attitude about writing the song for Leah.  I get he feels he needs to do it so show his love for her but he was trying to push it, Kirby does know what  she is talking about, you can't force it so hopefully he'll take a step back. Justin does tend to go full pelt at times, buying Lyrik's van, deciding to sponsor them and being their manager.