2022 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

Thursday - Justin losing $1,000 and getting an ear-bashing from Leah and night on the couch (with more ear-bashing likely to come in the morning) seems like fair enough punishment for his crimes - although I take the point about other bedrooms being available - guess they were just ignored because they already have the set for the couch, rather than because Leah was singularly determined for him not to have a bed!

I didn't particularly feel sorry for Dean who was only in the competition for himself anyway, and as has been said could've allowed them to win more honestly if he'd contributed more earlier - so not sure he really deserves a free car out of it. Wonder if this is Roo and Maz's charity collaboration over, then, or if they have more stuff to come on this?

I was surprised to see Stacey U-turn and agree to a monogamous relationship with Xander after all, and I don't hate them as a couple so willing to see where it goes.

Friday - I agreed with Ziggy's assessment in the sense that I don't really classify what Bree has been doing with Remi as cheating, as it's come from a place of vulnerability as a result of what Jacob's been doing to her and he doesn't deserve any better. However I draw the line there, because being with Remi is not a healthy relationship for Bree to be in right now, and so was far less keen on Ziggy and Mackenzie cheerleading for it by the end of the episode. While I was initially pleased for the sake of Bree's safety to see her and Remi on good terms, it's disappointing that he's decided the cure-all for their fall-out is to leap into bed with her again. I can see this becoming a vicious cycle of him getting ranty again next time she ends up in a conversation with Jacob, as she inevitably will.

Leah did whine on a bit, so I was glad things were resolved by the end of this episode; but broadly speaking I thought Justin did about the right amount of making up - it's less the actual damage done at the end of it all than the fact that he was just behaving like a 10-year-old, and needed to realise that. Justin helping Ziggy do up an old banger feels like a better solution than Dean winning a shiny new car for zero effort/team spirit in the first place. On the other hand, every time we get a mention that someone's going to pitch in at the City homeless charity I worry that Sloane's coming back!

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remi was doing exactly what Bree wanted him to do, back off  and give her space so I don't see how he was 'punishing' her. She did that last time don't forget, he gave her space and she wanted to be in contact again.  Not as if Remi dragged Bree into bed against her will, she was more than happy with it,  in fact you could say she dragged him into bed, and now of course  she knows how he feels about her.  Depending on your viewpoint Jacob and Bree haven't technically split so you could say she is cheating on Jacob, but in her mind she has split from him.  It's not a good time for Bree to be with Remi though, she's not in the right place either of mind or heart. 

We didn't see/hear it but as we heard Dean did fill in Ziggy about why Bree overreacted so and Ziggy forgave her, she did rather rant at her and virtually throw her out of the cubicle, demanding she wanted another doctor so I guess that was why she apologised.   It will make it easier for Bree now that more people know about what she was going through with Jacob, more to look out for her. 

Now of course, he's gone missing, I'm guessing he should be reporting to whichever police station is nearest to wherever he is working.  Not essential info but does he drive to wherever he is, fly, get  a train? 

Yes, Justin could have just been packed off to one of the other bedrooms, we didn't have to see inside it, but as I like to think it's because he'd would have been too comfy there. I wasn't sorry for him  at all at the beginning, healthy competition is fine and dandy, but what he did was beyond the pale and as many said it was for charity. He did admit he'd made one hell of a mistake, he repaired the buggy, volunteering for the charity is another good way to make up for it. Not the first time  Justin has taken money out of his and Leah's account without running it by her, last time it was buy Lyriks' van. 

Um, this Golf Club Justin has been banned for life from, have we ever seen it at all? He got off lightly there, the club could have reported him to the cops for trespass, criminal damage, but Alf stepped up for him. 

Winning the car would have been good for Dean & Ziggy as they seemingly can't afford to buy a new/second one, but Zigg or Justin must have contacts.  Ziggy has done up an old banger before, but she won't be able to do much with it as she told Justin, she's not working until after the baby is born. Dean, to be fair didn't know he'd be on the winning team, he was  playing it hole by hole, bonus being he won the car. 

So, yeah, no real tension over Bree's "disappearance" and we find out where she is pretty quickly.I must admit I wasn't entirely comfortable with the speed that she and Remi went back to sleeping together on Friday, so I was pleased to see him just supporting her without sex, and giving her some decent advice.Bree was surprisingly unbothered about the loss of her savings, being more concerned about what Jacob was going to do with them.

It was nice to get a scene between John and Justin re-establishing their friendship after the recent feud.Irene is probably regretting offering that coffee card though! And also to see Justin being a friend to Ziggy again, while Dean has apparently got bigger things to think about than losing the car.I'm guessing Jai is going to Dean's old primary school? (Are they back in Mangrove River? Can't remember.) I'm glad Mackenzie was honest with Dean about being the child on the outside while her father got a new family, even if it wasn't what he wanted to hear.Then he finds himself even more out of the loop as Justin, Ziggy and Mackenzie sort out a problem he didn't even know existed...

Oh, and I would love it if Mackenzie did move in with John, because that would be all kinds of awesome!

I’m very bored of it now but wouldn’t Bree but I don’t know scared or at least a tad unsure about jumping in bed with Remi if she had been abused I did check her out in those hot pants shorts she wears for reaserch purposes of course but I noticed she’s doesn’t have any cuts or bruises which just makes it even more unbelievable haha

47 minutes ago, pembie said:

I’m very bored of it now but wouldn’t Bree but I don’t know scared or at least a tad unsure about jumping in bed with Remi if she had been abused I did check her out in those hot pants shorts she wears for reaserch purposes of course but I noticed she’s doesn’t have any cuts or bruises which just makes it even more unbelievable haha

Tbf, DA takes more forms than physical. Corrie for example with Charlie/Shelley and Geoff/Yasmeen (though he did push her to "give him a tracheotomy the house").

But yeh, take that away it is a bit hash.

I wonder if any actual DA/DV victims watched/are watching this and would interested in their reactions or at least anyone who grew with parents knocking lumps out of each other. 

Onto the other stuff.

I see Justin atoning somewhat, If it were me he'd be cleaning out the Surf Club Khazis for a month, before and after his work day?

Hmmm... MacPalmer? That situation would be funny for a bit ("Don't you knock?!" "All my stuff's pink!" "That was *my* cheese!" ) and if they start arguing should stir them about going like an old married couple, which wind them up even more?

I think it would  have been good time for Jai to return and Dean having a classic heart to heart about how The Grommet(te) will need a lot of attention but never replace him, that kind of thing and go on about how "awesome" it will be for Jai to be a big brother, that kind of thing. 

3 hours ago, pembie said:

I noticed she’s doesn’t have any cuts or bruises which just makes it even more unbelievable haha

You keep saying this (repeatedly) about how we've never seen any physical evidence of his violence, but can only presume you missed the episode where Jacob did beat her?

We may not have seen the exact moment his fist made contact with her face, but we didn't need to. She also had bruised ribs.

Home-and-Away-7897-Jacob-is-convinced-so

Home-and-Away-7898-Bree-has-to-get-ready

Home-and-Away-7898-Remi-sees-Brees-injur

Where things were left with Dean and Ziggy felt like more angst for angst's sake, and I'm not sure what the problem was - Mack's moving out, Jai gets to keep his room, and there's space for a nursery. If the only issue is that Ziggy felt awkward about saying something - well, it only became an issue 24 hours ago as far as I'm aware, so it's not like she's been holding it in for months.

Mackenzie's decision to move out felt like it might have something to do with the fact that Bree has been told she should try to live with friends? Perhaps Mack will end up moving in there? There again, John's made an offer and Irene still has space going free... though since Bree's place is the only currently active set, I'm guessing that will be the solution.

In other news, how come John won the coffee voucher when his team was disqualified - or did I miss something?

11 minutes ago, atrus said:

In other news, how come John won the coffee voucher when his team was disqualified - or did I miss something?

It was Justin's team that was disqualified, leaving Palmer's Putters (John, Kirby and Rose) as the winners.

1 hour ago, Dan F said:

You keep saying this (repeatedly) about how we've never seen any physical evidence of his violence, but can only presume you missed the episode where Jacob did beat her?

We may not have seen the exact moment his fist made contact with her face, but we didn't need to. She also had bruised ribs.

Home-and-Away-7897-Jacob-is-convinced-so

Home-and-Away-7898-Bree-has-to-get-ready

Home-and-Away-7898-Remi-sees-Brees-injur

Ok I will stop commenting thanks

Archived