2022 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

At the risk of being unsympathetic, perhaps Bree isn't the only one projecting here. Nothing she did was out of malice, she thought she was protecting Ziggy even if she was high-handed about it, and she regretted the hurt she'd caused once she realised she'd made a mistake and did apologise, albeit after Dean made the first move. So, yeah, not the devil incarnate, but with Dean and Ziggy seemingly being the show's golden couple these days, having her cause trouble for them even with good intentions was going to make her a hate figure for their fans. All the same, Bree was reporting the wrong thing and it's good she realised that and made a statement against Jacob, which played out well with the realisation of how hard it would be to prove anything. Dean spent most of the episode demonstrating why it's easy for people to think the worst of him, with his aggression mostly directed at Cash who's just doing his job, but fair play to him for going to clear the air with Bree. I'm not sure it was Remi's place to fill him in, but Bree seemed to appreciate it so all good.(But yeah, the fact Ziggy's rarely if ever in more than two episodes a week, while Dean gets three if the storyline calls for it, did hurt the episode, even if it wasn't unexpected.)

Meanwhile, yeah, I enjoyed the golf stuff, even if Justin was acting like an entitled jerk with his insistence that Theo had to quit John's team and join his.That's probably the most sympathetic Marilyn's been towards John in ages (even if he wasn't around to see it!), and it again leads to unusual combinations like Rose and Kirby. We did seem to get one of those weird timeshare arrangements, where Remi/Bree and Theo/Kirby are seen in the same house at different points in the episode without showing any signs of being aware of each other's existence!

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, CaptainHulk said:

Maybe Dilman did her three eps for that segment.

I'm sorry but I'd still be pissed at Bree in that situation (If you've been accused of something you DIDN'T do, you'd sympathise,  long story short few years someone made up a malicious lie out of personal dislike and I got F-all in the way apology/reparation and that's all I'm gonna say ) wouldn't be so quick to sweep that under the carpet or roll over and forgive, small town or not. She's lucky Karen didn't show up. 

I will say in Bree's favour, she did finally find the courage to report hubby. Still actively DISLIKE her and find her voice annoying.?

Jacob hasn’t been around to abuse Bree though that’s half the problem here that makes it just odd and pointless story I think  Now he has a AVO out on him poor guy is stuck down the mines for weeks and when he surfaces again he will be wonder what has happened haha stupid story and yes Brees voice is very annoying 

You speak for yourself, some people do have sympathy for Bree. You can't like everyone in a soap.

Anyways, it did get resolved pretty quickly.  Not only did Remi's words make Bree have a rethink Ziggy tearing her off a strip and chucking her out and demanding a different doctor definitely did.  It was her insisting she was 'protecting' Ziggy from Dean's 'threats' and that she was 'safe' now. She was using (or in this case misusing) her  position as  a professional.  She did report to Cash it was a case of DV, not a suspicion which should have been the case shouldn't it?  It was suggested wasn't Dean pushed Ziggy down the stairs, were there no witnesses/CCTV to prove it - no, she just misstepped and fell down them.  

Bree said to Remi her and  Jacob's marriage seemed 'perfect' on the surface but you could never say that about Ziggy and Dean's relationship, they've  had enough bust ups, fights, walkouts to last a lifetime which most of the bay know about.  He's never been controlling, argumentative yes, but so can Ziggy,  she gave him an ultimatum not long ago it was her or the RB's.  He's always going to have a problem with cops, any cop, because back in his younger years they were the bad guys.  He has grown a lot over the years and is now prepared to listen to others opinions, even Remi who isn't his  fav person. He did tell Bree about his growing up in Mango River where he'd seen  abuse from guys  towards their wives/partners so could understand where she was coming from, whether Ziggy will  is another matter.  In Bree's life it doesn't happen, she is a professional, intelligent woman and they don't like to admit, even to themselves, it can happen to them. It was good she didn't turn on Remi for revealing what had been happening but was relieved he had. 

She's now bitten the bullet and reported Jacob's abuse to Cash which in  a way must be a huge relief now she's got that off her shoulders.   A lot of things of what she said about Jacob was right, 'stand up' guys like him didn't abuse their other halves in public, they appear decent and caring, they do it behind closed doors and she's admitted she's covered up any 'accidents' she's had. We have seen what he has done to her.  Of course he will deny any knowledge of abuse  when the WA question him, that's what men  like him (and let's not forget) women do. 

Fair enough and good for him Xander did give this open relationship thing with Stacey a go, but after  few wise words from Irene, he's called it a day.  They did really did like each other but had completely different views.  I did notice, I think, that there had been something between Remi and Stacey by the way they greeted each other but they it appeared had the same approach, he was never into anything serious so would have suited him not to have a casual relationship. 

We needed a bit of light heartedness after all that so the Justin/John/Theo story was welcome.  Theo is in between a rock and hard place, he said he'd  join John's team before Justin even knew about the tournie, but now Justin is playing the 'family' card and assuming Theo will be on his team,   he's now got to let John know and let's hope he doesn't faff about like he did with  his assignment. Kirby, wisely, kept out of it. Not sure how Leah will feel about Justin dragooning Theo.  As an aside now Ziggy will be out of the picture, garage wise, how will Justin and Theo fit in the extra hours they'll need to do keep the place going if they are going to be practising their golf.  Why should it be a surprise to Kirby that Rose is a good golfer just because she's a cop, they do have lives outside of the force.  I think both John and Justin are forgetting it is meant to be a bit of fun, they are not playing at St.Andrews for The Open.  

Well, I hope after all this buildup we're going to get an actual day on a golf course. Not that I find golf endlessly fascinating, but it would make for a change of scenery at least. I'm glad John blamed Justin rather than Theo for the team swap - it was Justin who was being immature and applying the emotional pressure. Also glad that Rose signed on for Palmer's Putters to even things up.

Not desperately interested in the wedding stuff. I was assuming that Gemma, Mia and Chloe all snubbing the wedding was just the usual "never bring anyone back" trope, but it seems they're making a storyline out of it at least with the revelation that Tane is missing home. I wonder if this is the first hint of an exit for him?

Hulk, I think this year's intake are fine and a far superior crop than the previous year, half of whom have gone already!

Talking of which...I doubt if anyone (other than Tane) is disappointed that we won't be seeing Mia and Chloe again, but I would have liked to see Gemma, and dared to hope all the references to her were leading up to something rather than her getting the "Our Jimmy has a cold and can't come" treatment.Oh well.I quite liked all the scenes involved anyway, highlighting Eden and Felicity's friendship, Felicity's ability to be funny, sweet, vulnerable and a little bit annoying all at the same time, and even Tane getting a moment with almost-sister-in-law Mackenzie.

So yep, Theo is stuck playing for Morgan's Malingerers, and Justin can't even find a third player.John cut a bit of a forlorn figure putting his posters up so I was glad Rose stepped in and Kirby decided a free t-shirt trumps a free breakfast.And I did like the humour of Eden's utter bemusement at Rose being in her house.

Today's:

Not as painful as the promo had me believe but there was an "asking for it" factor with the cliffhanger. If you drop $1k as a deposit on something valued at $12k, you'd better guard that to with your life!

?Puttin' Each Day, Golfin' Awaaaay?

I think Alf is speaking for us? and btw, seems like he's dug an old classic out (Blue and Yellow check shirt, though I think it may have been taken out at little). 

50/50 on Gerald being a ringer or a dud. 

And we *better* see some golf!

it was quite a light hearted episode which we needed. Theo bit the bullet and told John the bad news that he wouldn't be playing for him and yes good that John put the blame on Justin.  I'm not particularly taken with the name Plamer's Putters though, Alf will definitely be ?

Each of them, John and Justin, only have one player each, doesn't Justin need to pressgang - sorry - persuade someone else to join him.  Rose has now joined John's gang though he did look askance at the fact a woman was OK at playing golf, he can be a bit old fashioned that way. We'd better see the match after all this hassle, it's only nine rounds.  We are all assuming Theo can actually play, we only have his word for it, not seen any action.  

Good try Felicity of ducking out of being dragged to any more bridal shops, Eden out played you there. It is the sort of trick Felicity would do. Eden was very persuasive in getting the shop to lend her those dresses wouldn't be cheap and we saw at the end what happened.   Just a personal choice from me but NOT the  mini dress please! ? I liked the one she tried on, but I think something plain and simple but elegant would suit her. Where is it written in stone she has to wear a traditional Wedding dress?   Going to be a real downer for Tane and by extension for Nik because of Gemma not coming back.  Could TPTB really not be able to persuade her, Mia and Chloe just to come back for one/two episodes?    Mind you I have had  a whacky thought, could Tane and Felicity not go to NZ for the wedding? Cash and Gary ought to be able to make it.  They could have another party for the others in the bay when they come back. 

I feel like we've heard Gerald of the Surf Club mentioned previously - have we met him before, or is he a bit of a Madge Wilkins figure? I'm sort of expecting somebody John's age, but maybe he'll turn out to be a hot twentysomething with a live-in sibling?

Silly Eden. Wonder if Tane and Felicity are now going to have to use Gary's wedding money to reimburse the dress shop, and won't be able to go on their big New Zealand honeymoon?

Archived