2022 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

Thu - Glad to see Gary back for the wedding, although less interested in all the Cash/Eden drama he was required to mediate over; all the angst over this non-relationship just doesn't really feel earned somehow. However, did enjoy Dean and Ziggy making a nuisance of themselves at the antenatal class. The bloke they were teasing was very obnoxious so I could empathise. We've seen so much enthusing over Leah's wedding cake that I feel sure it's going to come a cropper.

Fri - There are only so many times Felicity can have pre-wedding jitters before it starts to feel a bit self-indulgent and attention-seeking, and the fact that Eden talked her round would seem to support the idea that she didn't actually have any serious reservations; although if she'd trusted her original instincts and not rushed headlong into the wedding she wouldn't have been feeling that way. Even before the promo came on it wasn't difficult to predict what's about to happen next...

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alf's episode count this week:None! And Irene and Roo didn't appear either! Did the show need to give the three highest-earners the week off to afford everyone else's extra appearance fees?! (Not unusually for a finale week, twelve characters made it to three episodes, about twice the number as usual.)

Well. Yeah. I kind of wish the show would just let Felicity and Tane get married, without throwing in yet another panic attack for Flick and an end of season disaster. I mean, I'm glad she came round eventually but couldn't she have got there a bit sooner? Cash pulled another "Do as I say, not as I do": Eden's expression when he was telling Felicity how lucky she is to have someone love her spoke volumes. At least he seems to have finally realised he's being a bit of a hypocrite.

Well, ironically, after all the heart-in-mouth moments where it looked like Justin was about to drop the huge cake, it got messed up because of something unrelated! I was amused by Mackenzie taking John as her date: It cemented my feeling from the start of the week that everyone is rather fond of him underneath the teasing.

As I noted a while back, the show seems to have changed it's big finales from "Something big has happened! Tune in after the break to see what happens next!" to "Something big is probably about to happen! Tune in after the break to see it!" Oh well, at least we only have to wait three days (or less if you turn to the first look on 5*).Because, yep, farewell 2022 season, only three months into 2023...

Clever writing in this episode with some foreshadowing lines the beetroot dripping down the cake could be foreshadowing bloodshed so that was a cool touch  Cash realising that he wants to be with Eden just as she’s about to take a drive on the road to hell yes of course Tane and Feilcity seeing each other the night before the wedding Maybe Felcity is right about not getting married I don’t think she or Tane are the marrying type anyway not everyone gets married 

John has the best deal here bringing Mac as his date 

You could throw in Remi breaking his hand as well for foreshadowing Eden Neither one will be singing in lyric anytime I think that’s one of very few episodes I have liked this year 

I did find Dean amusing in the birthing class  I don’t think they would really throw you out though 

I meant to add that it's rather strange that they just left Bree's storyline dangling like that, as if this was any other week: You'd expect there to be at least something other than a throwaway comment about it in the actual finale, rather than Bree and Jacob being completely absent from the last three episodes.

3 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

I meant to add that it's rather strange that they just left Bree's storyline dangling like that, as if this was any other week: You'd expect there to be at least something other than a throwaway comment about it in the actual finale, rather than Bree and Jacob being completely absent from the last three episodes.

I guess we supposed to be on tenterhooks about that I thought they were going to be involved with what happens in the next episode 

It was another breath holding moment there with Justin taking the cake back to the fridge, we did skip the part where he took it out again.   My thought exactly about the beetroot dripping on the cake being a 'sign'.   

Before we get onto Flicks' yes I will, no I won't, I have to say I did like her dress it was so her and Eden's was lovely too, not too fussy, but stylish.  Finally she was actually going to her wedding, there was never any doubt she loved Tane, it was the ceremony I think that was scaring her saying she'd be with someone 'til death do they part' in public.  Shame that  it doesn't look like we'll see/hear her say her vows in Maori after all.

Tane looked very hot in his Wedding suit -phew?

They made a lovely couple did John & Mac, she looked stylish as she usually does. I know Marilyn stayed behind at the Diner, couldn't they have just closed for a few hours? But where was Irene, no mention of her no show, no explanation. Roo I'm guessing was sorting out the fitting of the food truck in the city, Alf visiting Martha.

Do we know where the ceremony was being held btw? It can't be that far away from the bay as Leah was preparing to go back and fix the Wedding cake and get back in time for the ceremony. 

Didn't look good for Eden.

• Dan F unpinned this topic

Not keen on them revisiting the whole Tex thing but putting that aside I do think Felicity getting cold feet is a cause for concern given she didn't event want to get married in the first place.  I personally felt she agreed to get married for Tane because she loves him and not necessarily because it was she wanted.  So we'll see what happens.

Archived