2022 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

Monday - OK, I've been giving him the benefit of the doubt until now, but Remi is starting to look kind of selfish and controlling. Not Jacob-levels of controlling, but still - it's really not good when Bree's in the situation she's in. This is exactly why he shouldn't have got involved beyond friendship - it really isn't fair to put not only his feelings on her in this way, but now also his jealousy for her remaining feelings for Jacob; and it's particularly poor form to start barring her from leaving rooms. Unfortunately I feel the result of this is that she'll end up in physical danger from Jacob now she's been forced to leave the relative safety of Remi's place, and it just isn't on. He needs to commit to understanding the complex dynamic between Bree and Jacob that's enabled her to remain in this relationship for so long, and the fact that her feelings about her marriage aren't straightforward. If he can't do that, then he needs to pass the buck to someone who can be supportive in a more objective way.

Elsewhere, the missing wedding dress saga seems to be a device to get Eden and Cash back in each other's orbits, which I'm not necessarily very excited about.

Tuesday - Glad Eden got the dresses back, although when she 'made it official' I was wondering if questions were going to come up about how she acquired the dresses herself under false pretences in the first place (by pretending she was a stylist). But it seems we're done with all that and it was more about setting up that hug and almost-kiss.

Tane having to reciprocate with some kind of grand gesture about where Felicity is from is surely going to backfire. Presumably now we've been reminded she's a country girl, he's going to try and have the wedding in a cowshed and have a barn dance etc.

Wednesday - Even I'm annoyed by how well Dean was doing at golf to say it's his first game and he's being the opposite of a team player, and I'm not on the course. He's not behaving quite as badly as Justin, though, who's proving himself a terrible sport. I was convinced we'd seen the last of Stacey, so surprised to find she's still hanging around. Rose was being fairly unpleasant to her and Xander blowing hot and cold so I understood why she was grouchy, though it seemed there was something else unspoken going on with Stacey too - no idea what that might be.

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought Rose was very out of line accusing Stacey of whatever for having dinner with Xander, especially since it was Xander's idea.I also think she's wrong that exes can't be friends (Tane and Ziggy seem to be managing it fine), although maybe not cosy-dinner-for-two friends, and the fact things nearly went beyond friendship suggests that, unfortunately, Rose does have a point.

Ironic that (at least at UK pace) Home and Away and Coronation Street are doing simultaneous "Bogan character implausibly turns out to be a natural golfer despite never playing before" stories, although HA wins out by actually showing us the golf! (I know Dean's meant to be a former sports star, but golf seems rather different to what he's done before.) Theo and Kirby are doing a good job of staying amicable, leaving it to John and Justin to do the chest-thumping. I will wait until we see how this plays out before I give a verdict. I did like the reference to Ryder: Oddly, the moment we heard Roo on the phone, I thought it sounded like she was talking to him!

We should 'know' Ziggy  enough by now that being housebound would drive her stir crazy, it is so not her, not as if she had a broken leg so not able to move but she could, just not allowed to leave the bed/sofa let alone the house.  Showed how bored she was with her making paper planes and having to 'admit' to Mac she got up to go to the loo, three times, tidied up and made  a cup of tea.  What would be wrong to doing  some paper work at home either for the garage or the Surf shop, would have kept her mind occupied.  On the other side her stress levels at being stuck at home doing nothing all day, every day wouldn't be good for the baby. 

Does the garage have a van that Ziggy maybe uses?   Did they/Dean find out what make of car is up for grabs, would a baby and all they need fit in it? I'm kind of guessing not.

Well not all on here think much of the DV story  and don't believe it anyway.  TPTB aren't ramming down our throats everyday so the light relief  from the golf and missing wedding dresses story I find welcome, we will likely be having more of it and it's going to get more intense when Jacob comes back as he inevitably will.  Then we'll get complaints that's all they are going on about. 

OK Remi overstepped the mark, more or less I what said, but I don't think he meant to blurt out his feelings like that but it is too soon, so needs to back off, but hoping someone will be looking out for Bree.  I'm supposing Cash and those at Yabbi Creek will be told if Jacob has left the area where he was and that he could be coming back to the bay.  Remi, I don't think from, what has been said of his previous history, has had that many, if any deep relationships so wouldn't get  how it is for Bree and how  it was between her and Jacob.  A lot of history there, she said that they  had met as teenagers and what are they now in their 30's?

It was good to see the tie up of the wedding dress theft and Stan The Man get nicked!  I heard him say his sister had a wedding dress shop so was he ripping  off his own sister?  Unless, and I'm going way off base here, she was in on it, would be a long shot that Lyrik's van was targeted that just happened to have $12,000 of wedding dresses in them.? Thinking Eden used the van to pick them up after all. Eden didn't leave them exposed in broad daylight they were in the van, admittedly not locked, but not in the open.   I think she fessed up to the wedding dress shop lady who just wanted the dresses back.   Felicity has chosen a different dress from the  one we saw then seeing as that was the one Tane has seen.   It was  certainly a light hearted arrest from the ones we usually see. 

I may be in the minority but I'd like to see Eden and Cash back together.  Perhaps they should stop pussy footing around and have 'the talk'. 

I noticed H&A and Corrie were doing the absolute novice golfer storyline - Bogan character?- at the same time- who turns out to be an ace at it, this time Dean, I think even he was surprised,  does happen you know.  John, who does know what he is talking about, recognised it.  I thought it was supposed to be Theo who was the top player?  Kirby and Rose were good together.  Shame Justin had to be so childish, though that could be seen as an insult to children and we have  seen how that ends.   That was some prize Ryder's boss donated, I guess by John's reaction it was for the leader of the winning team?  Ziggy was back in house arrest then as she wasn't there. 

It was a dinner with a friend not a date, Xander made that plain to Stacey and you could hardly have called them ex lovers, they only went on a few dates. Stacey, though, was overstepping the mark, Xander obviously wasn't wanting to go down the fwb's route which did seem to upset Stacey. 

Let's  not  be cynical that Tane's plan to have the wedding in the country instead of the beach goes wrong and everything goes OK. Good for Nik not telling Tane  what Felicity was going to do, just hinted at it being  special to him and his heritage.  A lot to sort out though, the celebrant will need to be told, everyone will have to be informed without saying a word to Felicity, why didn't Tane have a word with Cash, he'd have known the right place.  I'm supposing the reception won't be at SALT so Mac will need to know. Tane does have a lot of making up to do with Stacey, dumping his clients on her twice. 

So, despite all his efforts, Justin's chickens came home to roost.He can't really complain, having even backed out of confessing after promising Theo.Not that it would have done him much good.I kind of get Alf and Marilyn's point about not wanting to interrupt the tournament to disqualify Justin, but announcing his team as the winners and then taking it away from them felt a bit cruel.While Dean wasn't involved, or even knew about it, I can't help wondering if Justin would have done it if Dean had bothered turning up to the practice session and showing how good he was.That makes the second time in as many weeks that Dean's flaws have contributed to a problem but he's been portrayed as completely blameless. Leah was a bit heavy-handed, and we get Justin ordered to sleep on the couch despite there being, what, three spare rooms?

Irene really had trouble taking a hint when Xander tried to stop her playing the doting mum with Stacey.I don't think Stacey was entirely to blame for the previous night, Xander went in for that kiss as well.Anyway, she's decided to try things his way, so see if that's any more successful than the other way round!

Justin's getting off way too easy, IMO. Couple nights on the couch ain't enough, though some would argue being publicly shamed might be enough.

I actually like the guy (short list on the show THESE days) but he has to cop for it.

Sometimes you have to send a message by having the person bang to rights and make them *feel* like they've gotten away with it only to rip the rug from under them at the last minute! 

(I have a sadistic side when it comes to people getting What-for)

Predictabilty reigns supreme in Today's cliffhanger....

It was the right decision to wait to see who had won the comp first but it was cruel to for the others to  announce Justin's team as  winners,  then snatch it away, but  he did need to be shown up.  He did think he'd got away with it but Candid Camera was watching. Dean was blameless, he knew nothing about it.  Theo indeed was a  good golfer, loved his pretending he was rubbish, but played well when Justin said he'd tell John but of course he chickened out.  Rose and Kirby enjoyed themselves better than they thought they would, be nice to see them as friends.  Rose hasn't connected with another woman and Kirby only really knows Eden. 

Leah had been kept in the dark about Justin's bet with john, then finding out from Alf about his tampering with John's buggy.  He got off lightly there but Leah won't  be so forgiving. Of course  he should sleep on the couch, can't have him being comfy in a bed could we, that's no punishment? At least she didn't make him sleep with Buddy as he didn't do anything wrong to deserve have Justin in with him.?  As thought Ziggy was back in house arrest as Dean rang her to tell her he'd won the car, which was  a family SUV from we saw on the poster, but now he has to tell her  he's lost it. Justin, of course, has been now pressured by Dean  to get a similar one for him, Ziggy and the babe.  Will John be going on the cruise alone?

Irene read the situation wrong with Xander and Stacey, not totally  surprising because of what he'd said before and obviously thinking that it had been resolved. Quite  an u-turn for Stacey agreeing to try it his way as  he did in all fairness gave her way a go.  He hasn't pressured her, it was her idea.  She's admitted she likes him a  lot. Did she start off dating that way or get badly hurt in the past which made her decide to be casual so not to get hurt again? 

Of course alarm bells will be ringing as Jacob has gone missing, not exactly screaming he's the innocent party is it? 

Dean being good at golf was amusing but if my honest I’m pretty bored of the show now the dress story was so dull Remi and Bree stuff is crap  I watched today and realised I’m getting to point that I care I don’t feel anything for Bree  and I’m actually hoping Jacob comes back and has a go now that’s not the way you should feel with a abuse story but I’m siding with him more 

Felcity and Tane I don’t really care about that either Felcity flip flopping around so much it’s oblivious she doesn’t want to get married really 

The best thing is Xander and Stacy and I was surprised to see her back because I thought that story ended last week 

Alf's episode count this week:Three.

Remi annoyed me at the beginning of the episode.I thought the idea was to give Bree some space for her benefit: Instead, he seemed to be using it as an excuse to punish her, blowing her off when she clearly wanted to talk. I'm not sure why Ziggy apologised to her, I don't think she said anything out of line, but I guess she feels sorry for her and wanted to clear the air.Bree should have apologised as well, but she did show regret.I'd have thought Dean would have filled Mackenzie in as well, but she's in the loop now.Any tension that something may have happened to Bree is dispelled by the fact we've twice seen a promo of her holed up in a motel room.

I did feel sorry for Justin more than anyone here.I continue to find the "Character sleeps on the couch despite numerous empty beds" trope tiresome, and even Irene seemed bored of Leah's extended rants.Heck, even Alf, who started off being as hard on him as Leah was, seemed to conclude the poor guy had suffered enough and throw him a bone.He's obviously come down from whatever he was on and realised the hurt he's caused.Trying to find a way for Ziggy and Dean to get the car is a good step at making up for what he's done, and I like his idea of volunteering for the charity to pay for nearly ruining their fundraiser.It seemed to finally get Leah to calm down anyway!

Archived