2022 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

With you Dan F, Jacob hitting Bree was a while ago so of  course there wouldn't be any current bruises/cuts  but we, well most of of us did,  all saw her cut lip and although we didn't see her bruised ribs it was very clearly implicated she did.  Also Jacob has  abused her mentally, although she can usually talk him down.   That Shelley/Charlie storyline is going back aways.?  I don't suppose we'll know if TPTB and the actors/actresses over there consulted abuse centres like they did here to get advice on how to handle the storyline seeing as we are so far behind. 

Fun stuff first - John  o'ding on his free coffee vouchers, tempting Irene to tip one over his head. ?  Why couldn't he 'buy' one and give it to Justin?   Then his coming down from his caffeine overdose, was he still high when he offered Mac a place to live?  That would be interesting.  He has lived with females before so wouldn't be  a complete culture shock for him.  

Bree is still living at the motel so are you suggesting Mack move there?  I can see why the WA police would say she shouldn't be alone and move in with a friend  as they've obviously lost track of him.  Would they have treated his case seriously enough to take his passport off him? I think Jacob may have closed their account so as to freak Bree out.  All she needs to do is open a new account just in her name and get her wages transferred into it.    Thing is the only friend she has, well did have,  is Remi and she doesn't want to risk Jacob turning up and causing problems with his housemates.  She is being a tad stubborn by wanting to stay in the motel and having the bright idea of just moving rooms.?  I've had the thought why couldn't Bree and Mac move in with Irene, even for a short while? At least Bree does have more people looking out for her now and Irene wouldn't  put up with his nonsense.

Nothing to do with anything but I do like Bree's jacket. 

So sad that Jai feels like he would be sidelined when the new baby comes along, I hope Amber didn't put the thought in his mind.    It was good Mac shared her experience of being an only child and having your parent's, especially her dads,  sole attention then having a brother and sister and Rick losing interest.  Ziggy would know how it was when CoCo came along, we saw how argumentative they were.   Let's also not forget Jai and Dean only met a few years ago so they are both still getting into the father and son thing whereas this new son or daughter will be there at the beginning  and with him/her all day, everyday.  How old is Jai now? Maybe because it just hit Ziggy how much they would need to sort out.  Certainly Dean didn't have a nursery when he was a babe, hence his bemused look, Justin and Ziggy did appear to be taking things over.   May or may not be a good idea to ask Jai to help decorate the nursery so he feels included.  Little brother/sister won't be going in it straight away, Zigg would want them near her and Dean when they first come home wouldn't she?

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, to be fair there's a "P" missing from Rick's name so, Mackenzie being sidelined is in with the character.?

I had to chuckle at Nikau's little Ric Flair impression ("Woo!")

The Eyeroller of the Day Award: Felicity on crimes of emotional blackmail and transparency!

Peh, scull a shoe? Get back to me when it's a Boot ala the Dingle Welly Challenge in Emmerdale?

And the previews... Ow.

2 hours ago, H&Alover said:

How old is Jai now? 

I'm guessing Jai has to be at least 7 or there, was 5 when he and Amber bowled up about 2yrs ago.

I thought much the same as H&Alover: Mackenzie's unlikely to move in with Bree at the motel, but maybe they'll both move in with Irene as her new Willow and Jasmine. Or with John?

I kind of feel like Felicity crossed a line here, not so much in terms of crashing the bucks night (Tane seemed to be pleased to see her, which was nice), but in the way she cancelled the evening Eden had arranged and was looking forward to in favour of pushing her and Cash together, which no-one seemed happy about and which resulted in Eden getting a tongue-lashing off Cash.Nikau should probably have been a bit more aware he was being manipulated, although Felicity's attempt to hijack the surf club buggy was so her.

I'm struggling to remember anything that happened between Dean and Ziggy. It seemed like one of those manufactured conflicts to fulfill their episode counts with lots of "You should talk to Jai, you shouldn't talk to Jai", which was a shame because the set-up in the previous episode could actually have been interesting but it ended up as a "storyline" where the most important character didn't appear.I did like Justin giving Ziggy the benefit of his experience.

17 hours ago, H&Alover said:

Bree is still living at the motel so are you suggesting Mack move there? 

7 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

I thought much the same as H&Alover: Mackenzie's unlikely to move in with Bree at the motel, but maybe they'll both move in with Irene as her new Willow and Jasmine. Or with John?

Sorry, I missed this on the first read.

To be honest, I had no idea Bree was in a motel, I just assumed it was a small flat. Very odd, who stays in a motel for months on end when they have a settled job? You'd think she'd get a short-term rental at least.

But yeah, possibly they end up living together elsewhere. I'd quite like Mackenzie living with Irene, that would be a sparky dynamic.

That one was a slog. I'm not often with Cash, but I was today; how annoyed would you be to turn up to a stag or hen event just to learn it was some awful pretext for the bride to try and match-make you with their mate/brother? And it was completely inconsiderate of Felicity to just ditch what Eden had planned. 

I'm not sure Theo and Kirby have been together long enough for marriage-related angst of any kind, but looks like that's what we're getting. Admittedly I haven't been watching super-carefully this week, but what I'm less clear on is whether Theo's freaking out because he thinks Kirby wants to marry him, or because he thinks he doesn't even register as a candidate in her eyes?

Weird interlude with Leah flirting with Theo before she realised he wasn't Justin, made weirder by the fact that she made such a big deal about it afterwards... If I didn't know the rules of Home & Away as well as I do, I'd worry it was going somewhere!

Anyone else Feel Ms Newman doesn't seem quite ...mature enough for marriage?

1 hour ago, atrus said:

Weird interlude with Leah flirting with Theo before she realised he wasn't Justin, made weirder by the fact that she made such a big deal about it afterwards... If I didn't know the rules of Home & Away as well as I do, I'd worry it was going somewhere!

Not unreasonable for her to auto-assume her fella's under the hood, though there is a SIGNIFICANT height  diff?

Back to Theo, maybe the crap with his own parents and the talk of Dad's got to him...

Archived