2022 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

I admire Felicity's irrepressibility and optimism (she was determined to put a positive spin on anything that happened between Cash and Eden!) and I am definitely in favour of her and Tane getting married, but that serve from Cash was definitely deserved and I do think it was inconsiderate of her to ditch all Eden's plans for the evening.That said, most people had a good time and it's not too dissimilar to what Cash did with her and Gary, so I guess it runs in the family. Felicity seems to be in that annoying mood where someone's in a happy relationship and wants everyone else to be!

I kind of see Marilyn's point here and I'm not sure why everyone was acting as though she was getting in the way of their self-congratulatory celebrations. The idea was to raise enough money to buy a food truck, and they haven't done it.Yes, they can give the money to the community kitchen and I'm sure they'll put it to good use, but it's still failing to achieve what they set out to do.

Theo and Kirby feels a bit like what Dean and Ziggy had earlier in the week, giving them a manufactured "issue" to fill out their mandatory two episodes.Theo did seem thrown by Kirby's references to her family so it's obviously not something they've talked about.

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can see why Felicity would like Cash and Eden together, he's her brother and she's her best friend and has forgiven her her hurting him all those years ago.  She's over happy so wants everyone else to be, but she's got to let them get there in their own pace.  I did notice Cash did keep looking over at Eden all night so he has got an interest. 

Oh before I forget Tane let Felicity in on the fact there had been a change of wedding venue. She was very moved that he'd do that for her, wait until he finds out what she has done for him, I'd call that pretty mature. 

Cash and Eden were blind sided by Felicity, she lied to Eden about the change of venue and Cash had no idea.   Cash was a real gent, no way would he use Eden's drunkenness to hop into bed with her.  Her drunken mumbled 'I love you' he chose to ignore.

Was that the same ankle she twisted before?

Small aside but what happened to the guy's badges and banners? 

Silly suggestion but why don't Ziggy, Dean and Amber get together and have a talk about how to decide  who and how they talk to Jai about his new baby brother/sister.  Don't want to gang up on him though, just let him know things will be different but not ow they  will feel about hm. Tricky for a seven year old to get his head around, the idea had a certain appeal at first but now he/she is nearly here.  Not the same either that he and Dean aren't under the same roof and they only see each every week or so.

I think that was a jokey discussion about Kirby's family and it seems she has a large and close one.  It does seem odd neither she or Theo have brought their families up before.  He did run off pretty quick the next  day, maybe to avoid questioning. Must have brought it back to him how it was in his family.

That was funny when Leah thought Theo was Justin, obviously forgiven him then going by her comment.?    Theo was bending over and he is dark and around the same body shape. 

Had Marilyn promised them she'd raise $40,000?  Alf said there could be more to arrive, but wisely told Roo to back off.  $35,000 was a good wat towards it.  

I think, maybe,  with Jacob's  job it didn't fit well with renting places as it would likely be short leases and could be expensive.  

Well, at least Roo stopped patting herself on the back long enough to notice that, actually, they didn't have all the money they needed and made at least some effort to make it up.(Marilyn didn't contribute anything except hand wringing.)In the end, I guess we're meant to follow Irene's lead and assume that John saved the day.Looks like that's Roo off until next week at least then!

Maybe it was manufactured but Theo and Kirby did finally talk things over and maybe came out the other side with a better understanding of each other.Interesting that Justin hasn't quite given up on the idea of Leah marrying him.It'd be absolutely typical though if, after they've been together nearly four years, they got married and broke up soon after.

I'm finding Rose's judgemental behaviour towards Stacey a bit hard to take.Shooting dirty looks over her getting hands on with a client just felt like looking for trouble.That said, the fact Stacey's got her dating app active does suggest she's only got one foot in this monogamy arrangement.

Yeah, I actually didn't mind Theo and Kirby in this episode, for more or less the first time since they got together. I think Theo confiding what he did in her gave the relationship a bit of much-needed depth. Now I guess they will write a song about it.

12 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

That said, the fact Stacey's got her dating app active does suggest she's only got one foot in this monogamy arrangement.

The bigger question for me here (and I imagine today's episode will reveal whether or not the writers were even thinking of this) is why Rose was even able to see Stacey's profile. Now, I'm not a Smouldr user, but my understanding is that most apps like this are going to filter out people who aren't interested in meeting people of the gender who are browsing. So the fact Rose turned her settings to 'women' still shouldn't mean she sees all women, just ones who are also interested in women. So, does the fact Stacey showed up on Rose's app also imply that she may be bisexual? I'm guessing not but I live in constant hope of representation!

Before I forget, meant to say that was a moving speech  that Nik made at the Buck's Night about lost loved ones and how proud they would be of Tane.  He certainly has turned his life around from when we first knew him. 

No idea there atrus about scrolling others profile on any dating sites as in Rose being able to pick up Stacey's profile. 

I was shouting at Rose getting irked at Stacey manipulating that guys leg assuming she was coming onto him "She's doing her job!" She's getting a tad obsessive there, though the fact she has left her dating app active does make you wonder.  Will we be seeing Rose setting up a dummy account under a man's name to trick her? 

Leah and to a certain extent Justin  were  jumping to huge and utterly wrong conclusions in what Theo said about him and Kirby in regards of marriage.  Funnily enough she confided in Eden that  she was having the same thoughts about why he had rushed off, but thankfully both were told to go and ask the other person about what was occurring or not and they listened.  It turned out, as we already knew, they both had their wires crossed.  I suppose like most people Kirby assumed Theo's family life would be more or less like your own, so would have been a shock for her it hadn't so would colour his feelings about marriage and family life.  Nice little touch there mentioning John was the first person he'd told and how he stood by and up for him. 

Which brings me neatly to John's BIG deed for the day.  Earlier on, he'd been trying to coerce, in a good way, to get Rose and Kirby to decide where they wanted to go on this cruise and they weren't that enthusiastic.   But then he heard about the shortfall in the amount for the buying and fitting out of the food truck which just happened to be $5000,  the cost of the cruise voucher. He had a ? moment so after consulting with Rose and Kirby he put it up for sale/auction.   Roo gets a message to say an anonymous donor has given them the $5000 so all good to go.   I think Irene had  a feeling John was behind it.  He may be a doofas sometimes but he does have a good heart. 

Another interior we haven't seen for  a while is the Beach House. 

OK, so we've had a few low key episodes this week but I feel it's the lull before the storm, a lurking figure is doing just that - lurking and guess who it is.

Zzzz ep today. At least we know Operation Give Roo Something to Do is a go, with confirmation!

1 hour ago, atrus said:

So the fact Rose turned her settings to 'women' still shouldn't mean she sees all women, just ones who are also interested in women. So, does the fact Stacey showed up on Rose's app also imply that she may be bisexual? I'm guessing not but I live in constant hope of representation!

ATPIT, It honestly wouldn't shock me.

Alf's episode count this week:Three.Fairly sparse week with Irene, Marilyn, Justin and Mackenzie the only others to manage three.Are they saving them up for finale week?

It did cross my mind that Stacey might only show up if she's interested in women, but the episode seemed to downplay that possibly by presenting it as Rose searching for any women nearby.(I did note a while back that the genders of the other people she was seeing were never specified.)Rose was pretty much just looking for things to be suspicious of, so it's a shame Xander let her get in his head.At least it doesn't seem to have affected him and Stacey in the long-term.

Bree seemed to choose exactly the wrong moment to have an epiphany.Good that she's feeling positive but maybe she should have kept her guard up about Jacob for a bit longer: Did she even accept the new room she was desperate for in her rush to go public with Remi? Irene's purpose in life these days seems to be to be out of date on everyone's relationship status.

Marilyn's search for the anonymous donor didn't last long but probably best she drops it.Frankly, it seems Roo mainly gets something to do by not being in the episode (or, indeed, the town)! One thing keeps bugging me: Marilyn keeps saying the donation was their exact target, even though they actually had a few hundred more than $35,000!

Archived