2022 Season - UK Episode Discussion

Dan F

I thought Marilyn said the target was $40,000?    Well anyways, Roo  has got the truck and all it needs now is fitting out so I guess she is liaising with the Community Kitchen to make sure everything they need is fitted in it. 

We know it's John who was the anonymous donor but won't he be asked at some time when he'll be going on his cruise? Rose neatly dodged the question posed by Irene.  Irene is playing catch up, but then things with relationships with couples are changing  day by day. ?

I think a lot will be happening this coming week so that is why we had a fairly quiet week this week.  We did fid out it was Xander she was seeing this weekend but it was meant to be a surprise. 

I can see why Rose is concerned about Xander getting hurt but he is a big boy now and she certainly wouldn't like it if it was the other way around.  Giving Stacey the benefit of the doubt but she may have just forgotten to close down her profile on the dating site.   I guess Rose could join the site so she could check out Stacey? 

WA police don't seem to have been doing much about Jacob skipping bail, how's he getting back to the bay?  She did get a note from the owners to say the new room was ready and she was packing up, but then she suggested her and Remi go out on  a meal instead of having the take away.  I know he's not everyone's favourite person but I did love, and call me old fashioned, the way Remi pulled out Bree's chair.  Big and brave move them being seen together in public since they started seeing each other.   Then, naturally, Jacob just had to be lurking in the shadows. ?  Did he follow her and Remi from the motel because otherwise it'd be hell of a coincidence he'd know where to find them.   I'm trying to remember and I know it's not that long ago but how did Remi and Bree meet? I guess he did his usual flirty Berty thing.

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, H&Alover said:

I thought Marilyn said the target was $40,000?    Well anyways, Roo  has got the truck and all it needs now is fitting out so I guess she is liaising with the Community Kitchen to make sure everything they need is fitted in it. 

We know it's John who was the anonymous donor but won't he be asked at some time when he'll be going on his cruise? Rose neatly dodged the question posed by Irene.  Irene is playing catch up, but then things with relationships with couples are changing  day by day. ?

I think a lot will be happening this coming week so that is why we had a fairly quiet week this week.  We did fid out it was Xander she was seeing this weekend but it was meant to be a surprise. 

I can see why Rose is concerned about Xander getting hurt but he is a big boy now and she certainly wouldn't like it if it was the other way around.  Giving Stacey the benefit of the doubt but she may have just forgotten to close down her profile on the dating site.   I guess Rose could join the site so she could check out Stacey? 

WA police don't seem to have been doing much about Jacob skipping bail, how's he getting back to the bay?  She did get a note from the owners to say the new room was ready and she was packing up, but then she suggested her and Remi go out on  a meal instead of having the take away.  I know he's not everyone's favourite person but I did love, and call me old fashioned, the way Remi pulled out Bree's chair.  Big and brave move them being seen together in public since they started seeing each other.   Then, naturally, Jacob just had to be lurking in the shadows. ?  Did he follow her and Remi from the motel because otherwise it'd be hell of a coincidence he'd know where to find them.   I'm trying to remember and I know it's not that long ago but how did Remi and Bree meet? I guess he did his usual flirty Berty thing.

If i remember correctly they met in the surf club when Bree asked Dean to fix her surf board and Remi came in introduced himself asked her out and she laughed in his face ?

So, yeah, it did seem like the show wasn't intending to imply Stacey was bi, particularly - colour me unsurprised - although I guess there could still be a twist in the works. I won't hold my breath. Not sure if I'm entirely convinced by Stacey's denials or not. She wasn't giving out clear "I'm lying" signals but I sense it's not the last we've heard about it.

Ugh, Jacob. This is going to be so much worse for Bree now he's seen her kissing Remi - I can't help but think they'd have been better keeping their relationship private until they were sure he was out of the picture.

I have to admit, I've chuckled after reading some of the comments about Bree in this thread.

Presumably Rose is right but she has been getting on my nerves with her attitude towards Stacey and Xander.  This reminded me of how Eden was towards Bree when she started getting with Remi.  In both cases it felt as though they were compensating for not getting any themselves.  I think Rose should just leave him to his own devices and let him handle this by himself.  If Stacey does cheat on him, I'm sure he'll find out in time.  Perhaps Rose should just work on finding some happiness.

I was quite enjoying Eden and Cash's sour faces when Felicity set them up to meet at the bucks/hen night.  I also didn't blame Cash for having a go at her though.

21 hours ago, Antzz said:

If i remember correctly they met in the surf club when Bree asked Dean to fix her surf board and Remi came in introduced himself asked her out and she laughed in his face ?

Thanks for that, so he was being his Flirty Berty self.

I can honestly say I can understand why Jacob is so angry with Bree and Remi ok holding them both hostage in the motel room is over the top and I don’t really care what happens to Remi and Bree but I can understand where Jacob is coming from 

Jacob and Bree is playing out more or less as I thought it would; personally I would've preferred it if the focus had been on Jacob being utterly humiliated by the charges against him and forced to face up to what he's become, rather than being given a further opportunity to terrorise her.

The Rose/Stacey saga took a weird direction at the end there: surely there have to be better ways of making amends than doing star-jumps? Or is 'trainer vs trainee' going to be a fight to the death?

Hmm, so who is 'I Heart Theo'? Stacey? Bob? Jacob? Heather? (I'm just reeling off guest characters who are or have recently been in the show.) I think there's got to be some clever money on Bob; he's probably planning some kind of protracted revenge that will end in at least one of Theo or Kirby running screaming through the bush.

6 hours ago, pembie said:

I can honestly say I can understand why Jacob is so angry with Bree and Remi ok holding them both hostage in the motel room is over the top and I don’t really care what happens to Remi and Bree but I can understand where Jacob is coming from 

To be honest I'm a bit shocked at the level of apologism for Jacob. This isn't me saying you don't have a right to your perspective but I'm just curious to know how you got there. I mean, purely from a personal preservation standpoint Bree and Remi should probably have eschewed public displays of affection; we know villains on H&A rarely stop at harsh words. ButJacob has no claim to legitimate grievance in this situation, his marriage is over - and surely you have to acknowledge that he has brought this on himself by bashing his wife about? In what world does he have the right to do that and then expect doting fidelity from her?

I have an annoying feeling that this plot with Jacob is going to be one of the ones where everything would be wrapped up five minutes into the episode if not for the fact that everyone involved has decided to behave like a complete idiot.Remi and Bree were almost acting like they wanted to end up in a life or death cliffhanger.It's only an episode since they were both being paranoid about Jacob but you could play "horror movie stupidity" bingo with them here.Remi decides to go out and get some food (at least, I think that's what he was doing) instead of them going out for a meal together.Bree responds to a knock on the door by assuming Remi's forgotten his key and opening it instead of saying "Who's there?" Remi responds to the news Jacob's in town by telling Theo and Kirby to call the police if they see him again and then rushing back to the motel on his own, rather than telling them to call now.(Would it have really taken up that much time just to go "He's Bree's husband, he was violent towards her and there's an AVO out against him", rather than running off leaving them confused?)Even John displays his Home Watch credentials by responding to a stranger coming out of a house whose occupants he knows with "So, are you a friend of theirs then?"

I'll give Rose credit for at least trying to make up for her misjudgement.To be fair, her saying hello as she went past was probably the better option than ignoring them, even if Xander didn't see it like that.So, yeah, apparently her method of getting to know Stacey is to challenge her to gladiatorial combat.Um, it worked with Jasmine, I guess?

I'd almost forgotten about Theo's fan.Didn't seem particularly consequential but it had some nice moments of Kirby's advice leaving him more and more confused.

3 hours ago, atrus said:

Jacob and Bree is playing out more or less as I thought it would; personally I would've preferred it if the focus had been on Jacob being utterly humiliated by the charges against him and forced to face up to what he's become, rather than being given a further opportunity to terrorise her.

The Rose/Stacey saga took a weird direction at the end there: surely there have to be better ways of making amends than doing star-jumps? Or is 'trainer vs trainee' going to be a fight to the death?

Hmm, so who is 'I Heart Theo'? Stacey? Bob? Jacob? Heather? (I'm just reeling off guest characters who are or have recently been in the show.) I think there's got to be some clever money on Bob; he's probably planning some kind of protracted revenge that will end in at least one of Theo or Kirby running screaming through the bush.

To be honest I'm a bit shocked at the level of apologism for Jacob. This isn't me saying you don't have a right to your perspective but I'm just curious to know how you got there. I mean, purely from a personal preservation standpoint Bree and Remi should probably have eschewed public displays of affection; we know villains on H&A rarely stop at harsh words. ButJacob has no claim to legitimate grievance in this situation, his marriage is over - and surely you have to acknowledge that he has brought this on himself by bashing his wife about? In what world does he have the right to do that and then expect doting fidelity from her?

It felt like to me Bree got rid of Jacob as soon as she could back to work there wasn’t much backstory of Jacob being abuseive before that just that one episode Bree gets with Remi as soon as she got rid of Jacob who it felt to me at least got fed up with With other shows Jacob would have been abusing Bree for quite awhile up till this point let’s be honest and yes then there would have been a sense of threat and he would have been a villain that people would have liked to see get found out But without that time to devolop his character not a lot happened instead he has been missing for a big chunk of the story He can’t really harm Bree from a distance can he? So Bree and Remi jump into bed flirt Bree I don’t think would be that confident to do all that wouldn’t she be afraid of men? She then reports Jacob at this point there’s no proof of what Jacob has been doing and he hasn’t been there anyway and Bree runs around acting scared crying of what exactly without Jacob around there hasn’t been much story really he hasn’t really done anything on screen to Bree just that one episode  So he is technically just been reported for no reason anyway that is what I think I don’t really think the story has been shown realistically and been crap 

The story with Geoff in Corrie if you watch that was good and gripping while this one has just made Bree come off in a bad light I think instead of feeling sorry for her I don’t really care and feel sorry for Jacob more 

Usual default of Summer Bay residents leaving their doors unlocked so anyone can just walk in. ?  At least John clocked him coming out and all Jacob had to say was he was a friend of theirs, he did ask if he knew where Remi was so backing it up a little that he did know them.  Luckily for Remi no-one knew where he was staying while not at the house.  This meant Jacob had no luck either in quizzing Kirby and Theo when he claimed to be an old friend of Remi's.  Did remind us though practically no-one knew what Jacob looked like.  Remi isn't the tidiest of people is he, he didn't notice Jacob had moved his shirt in the bedroom or that his guitar had been moved. 

He goes off to the motel, finds out Bree has moved room and just asks which room she is in now and they tell him?  Why didn't Bree tell reception not to tell her husband where she was?  She would have the perfect right to as she knew he could be violent and he had an AVO out on him. 

Guys like Jacob though don't see that what they are doing is wrong, in his eyes Bree is is wife so is meant to obey him. His only humiliation would be being nicked at all. 

There has to be some dramatic licence allowed and people don't always behave logically, Remi reacted by the news that Jacob was nosing around, so he probably felt he couldn't take the risk of waiting for the cops to get to the motel, thank goodness Theo mentioned it,  though to him it was just an afterthought.  Remi and Bree had been daring enough the night before by going out in public so wanted to spend the night in, that was rather naive of her just opening the door like that, unless she thought he couldn't be back in the bay that quickly.  It certainly didn't look good from what we didn't see. 

In case you missed another episode Bree told Cash of Jacob's previous violent behaviour  towards her that was happening even  before she came to the bay, so it had been going on for quite a while, she just got good of hiding the bruises and cuts as victims do,  clever use of make up masks a lot.  Long sleeves cover up other marks, never telling anyone what was happening as again victims do.  Before it's said, yes men do go through the same thing and if anything are more reticent at coming forward.  True, he did spend a lot of time away from her but she was never sure how he'd be when he came back so would be walking on eggshells, nervous about talking to a man in case he got the wrong idea, well in his mind at least.  We don't always need to see the development of an abuser.  Bree told Remi he hadn't always been like that and they'd known each other since they were teens so something along the way had changed him.   Bree is meant to be  bright, clever woman, good at her job which even now isn't easy for a woman so has to be 'tough' to get where is is so to admit she is being knocked about by her husband would be embarrassing for her.  This type of behaviour is only supposed to happen to lower class women who expect nothing else, not my feelings btw but that is dramas and soaps take on DV. 

Geoff in Corrie was rarely violent his was more mental abuse, belittling Yasmeen, isolating her, belittling her and she hadn't known him long so no idea of what his past history was like.

Now more people know Bree and Remi are seeing each other, Kirby was surprised as she knows it isn't his usual thing to get involved with a 'taken' woman so it has to be serious for him.  

It was good advice Kirby gave Theo on how to answer his fan 'letter', not to ignore it, answer in a friendly way but not so as to encourage them, as he doesn't need a stalker.  I first assumed  that  'I ? Theo' was a woman but no reason it shouldn't be a man, though didn't think it may be someone we know.  Stacey doesn't even know Theo does she?  Heather, I would think be unlikely to have access to social media sites where she is. 

Rose has been pretty, OK very,  annoying at the way she had been acting towards Xander and Stacey no wonder he snapped at her, but her walk by and 'hello' was just that.   That was some challenge, toe-to-toe, eye-to-eye in front of Stacey's class.?‍♀️   Will they be taking bets do you reckon?   Stacey does have to be fit to do her job, but equally so does Rose. 

Archived