1996 Episode Discussion

Dan F

Personally I don't care for Sam all that much. 

I find it interesting that Sam is around 12/13/14 but I still think of him as a young kid rather than a teenager. Jack and Curtis were heavily sexualised by the show by 14/15. Makes you realise how young those actors are.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Skylover said:

I find it interesting that Sam is around 12/13/14 but I still think of him as a young kid rather than a teenager. Jack and Curtis were heavily sexualised by the show by 14/15. Makes you realise how young those actors are.

Good observation. I don't think it's until around the Hayley/Will/Edward/Peta years until Sam becomes one of "the teens".

On another note, I'd like to add I think the acting among the younger generation has improved a hell of a lot towards late 1995 and early 1996 which is making me enjoy the show more. Curtis and Sally were always great but I often found Shannon and Selina a bit hit and miss. However, the cult storyline really allowed Selina to shine and I loved the scene where Shannon told Pippa she couldn't take things further with Alex. Having said all that, Shannon was pretty good during the anorexia storyline.  Chloe's not overly impressive though.

31 minutes ago, Skylover said:

Personally I don't care for Sam all that much. 

I don't care about him much ether and always thought he was pointless to keep around!.

1 hour ago, Skylover said:

On another note, I'd like to add I think the acting among the younger generation has improved a hell of a lot towards late 1995 and early 1996 which is making me enjoy the show more. Curtis and Sally were always great but I often found Shannon and Selina a bit hit and miss. However, the cult storyline really allowed Selina to shine and I loved the scene where Shannon told Pippa she couldn't take things further with Alex. Having said all that, Shannon was pretty good during the anorexia storyline.  Chloe's not overly impressive though.

I feel exactly the same. Don't worry though. Chloe's time to shine will come 

1 hour ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Sam's age has always been up and down, I think they kept him at 9 for about two years.He's in Year 8, so you'd expect him to be about 13.

I looked up the actors' age and he would have been 12 around the time of the current filming, he'd turn 13 in about August/September in filming terms. Makes sense why he still looks so young then, didn't think he could be 14 yet.

20 minutes ago, Skylover said:

Those hooligans who turned up at the Surf Club and started rapping sounded so dated :lol: 

I honestly couldn't work out if Plugger's dancing was supposed to be a parody, it was like something out of a Kevin & Perry sketch! :lol:

He seemed to be the called upon actor for thuggish stuff in that time, he played the guy who Jack & Joe crossed paths with in the milk bar last year, as well as the one who hassled Shannon and hit Damo at the drop-in centre when Alex was introduced. Talk about typecast!

Different character names each time though - Davo, Spook and Plugger.

Archived