1996 Episode Discussion

Dan F

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is amazing how quickly things evolved in the short space of episodes. Shane has to be rushed to hospital at the beginning of Wednesday's episode, and is quickly pronounced dead. There was an autopsy, it fell into the jurisdiction of the Coroner before being released to Angel? A very quick autopsy in the background? Then Mr Fisher is helping Angel make funeral arrangements in Thursday's episode. Nick (his brother for God sake) couldn't come down for the funeral. Nor could his mother. Only Damian. And it seems there is no funeral at all. Mr Fisher is speaking of going to the crematorium in Friday's episode then Angel is already scattering his ashes. Far too soon!!!

Selina's definitely grown into her looks more recently. She used to look like she'd been dragged through a hedge backwards but they've made more effort with her lately, especially her hair.

Steven and Selina felt like they'd been thrown together in 2 episodes. He goes from liking older women like Narelle and the painter to liking a 16 year old. Michelle Fowler vibes.

ETA That grey surf club is ghastly. I have no recollection of it.

11 hours ago, Old H&A Fan said:

It is amazing how quickly things evolved in the short space of episodes. Shane has to be rushed to hospital at the beginning of Wednesday's episode, and is quickly pronounced dead. There was an autopsy, it fell into the jurisdiction of the Coroner before being released to Angel? A very quick autopsy in the background? Then Mr Fisher is helping Angel make funeral arrangements in Thursday's episode. Nick (his brother for God sake) couldn't come down for the funeral. Nor could his mother. Only Damian. And it seems there is no funeral at all. Mr Fisher is speaking of going to the crematorium in Friday's episode then Angel is already scattering his ashes. Far too soon!!!

I think Donald said he was going to pick Nick up. 

I'm starting to get really nostalgic watching the show now. Not just Selina, but I remember Pippa looking like that with her shorter hair cut and how Sally looks. I remember looking at Pippa like a surrogate mum and Sally like a foster sister when I was a small kid. Gives me a weird fuzzy feeling ^_^

ETA: Since when has Leah's house been based on a farm? Chloe and Curtis are growing on me as a couple.

ETA ETA Alex is really gorgeous, he and Shannon make a fun couple.

ETA is that "estimate time of arrival", like when Home And Away is going to return to 7TWO? :smugly confused:

1 hour ago, j.laur5 said:

I think Donald said he was going to pick Nick up.

Still, we never saw him. I still think it was very, very slack to leave out the funeral, and those closest to Shane (besides Angel, Damian, Mr Fisher and Dylan) giving him a send-off or having a funeral service:angry:

Someone just said on here Sean Nash wrote all these episodes, and Nash was behind the musical montage that (if it wasn't for the subtitles) made the dialog very difficult to follow. Sean Nash messed up Shane's farewell by my guess

1 minute ago, Old H&A Fan said:

ETA is that "estimate time of arrival"

'Edit to Add'

With funerals and other big events, it's not just a case of ringing up all the actors and telling them to come back. Sometimes they can't return, sometimes they don't want to, sometimes the budget simply doesn't allow them to be asked in the first place. In this case, I believe Bruce Roberts was in the UK at the time anyway - so Nick couldn't have been able to attend the funeral even if it was on-screen (which I imagine you'd have been just as angry about). At least having it off-screen meant that Shane's family were there, even if we didn't see it.

2 minutes ago, Old H&A Fan said:

Sean Nash messed up Shane's farewell by my guess

Well that's a matter of opinion. As someone else has pointed out, those scenes weren't about the dialogue. The most important bits were perfectly audible.

Archived