1996 Episode Discussion

Dan F

I think people can be hypocrites. Alf is always playing judge jury and executioner to other Summer Bayyers yet seems he lives in a glass house himself and thrown stones. Hence cheating on Martha. Flathead also cheated on his wife with Morag once. Yet both Don and Alf are self appointed moralisers.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Blaxland 89 said:

Sad to see that happy go lucky cheeky chappy become so unhappy and aggressive. 

I guess this means he's leaving soon? I miss the old happy go lucky Jack. It was such a big mistake pairing him with Sally.

Brendan is such a sad sack. Glad to see him leave.

5 hours ago, Dan F said:

All the background we were given is included here - http://www.backtothebay.net/characters/quinn-jackson/

Though whether it was intentional or just a fudging of the dates, it does seem to imply an affair, which wasn't mentioned. They met in the bay, not in Vietnam (it was after Oz's involvement in the war had ended, hence why Alf wasn't serving himself at the time).

I think it was just a mistake as Alf had said that the relationship was starting to get serious when she was shipped back to the US, which it wouldn't have been if he was married to Martha.

Perhaps she could have been made a little older (her being around 20 was only in one throwaway comment) and Alf could have just not been overseas at the time...

Ah ok. So it does seem a very rushed pointless story to be fair. It's a shame the dates are so vague. Surely that would be something that Alisa would have questioned too. I've read the info but not seen the episodes so maybe unfair for me to comment but I wish the hadn't bothered with it to be honest. As it doesn't seem to have been done properly. 

8 hours ago, Natasha said:

I guess this means he's leaving soon? I miss the old happy go lucky Jack. It was such a big mistake pairing him with Sally.

Brendan is such a sad sack. Glad to see him leave.

5 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Though despite that, it's only two and a half months away... busy times ahead!

10 hours ago, Homeandawayfan. said:

I think people can be hypocrites. Alf is always playing judge jury and executioner to other Summer Bayyers yet seems he lives in a glass house himself and thrown stones. Hence cheating on Martha. Flathead also cheated on his wife with Morag once. Yet both Don and Alf are self appointed moralisers.

Yeah - in fact we are currently in one of the few periods where Alf doesn't have an attractive young woman to whom he is not related staying in his house... Sarah, Roxy, Shannon etc...

7 hours ago, akiralx said:

Yeah - in fact we are currently in one of the few periods where Alf doesn't have an attractive young woman to whom he is not related staying in his house... Sarah, Roxy, Shannon etc...

Shannon never stayed with him, he had the attractive young man at that point (which must be at least as frequent: Blake, Simon, Curtis, Aaron, Mitch...).

22 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Shannon never stayed with him, he had the attractive young man at that point (which must be at least as frequent: Blake, Simon, Curtis, Aaron, Mitch...).

They're just the cover... I thought Shannon did stay briefly until he caught her and Curtis canoodling (or 'going at it hammer and tongs', to use his favourite expression) and insisted she move to the Ross house?

Archived