1996 Episode Discussion

Dan F

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Lozzenga said:

Just wondering if anyone knows why they are still playing the '95' credits when we are watching '96' episodes?

They don't always get changed at the start of the year. Before these current early year eps 1989 and 1990 had their new credits start much later into the season 

10 hours ago, Blaxland 89 said:

They don't always get changed at the start of the year. Before these current early year eps 1989 and 1990 had their new credits start much later into the season 

I think a lot of the time they changed with the production year instead (the year the episodes were filmed, rather than the transmission date).

23 hours ago, masterjai30 said:

I don't know if anyone else has noticed but why has Jack's appearance changed so much?He looks very different to when he arrived only a couple of years before.

Yes, he now just looks (and behaves) like a knuckle-dragging thuggish troglodyte, whereas when he joined he was a handsome teenager.  I just cringe whenever he appears now...

2 hours ago, akiralx said:

Yes, he now just looks (and behaves) like a knuckle-dragging thuggish troglodyte, whereas when he joined he was a handsome teenager.  I just cringe whenever he appears now...

Sad to see that happy go lucky cheeky chappy become so unhappy and aggressive. 

Also his costumes went from very smart tight fitted t shirts and jeans to a very baggy look. Guess fashion changed though over the past two years but might have something to do with the weight Dan put on. Selina's wardrobe has changed a fair bit too. 

How did Quinn come about? I have missed all the episodes. Did he have an affair while married to Martha? 

Because roo was born in 1970 yeah? So Alf went to Vietnam when she was little? 

If so what a bxxxxxd. How can he act so moral all the time? 

Wasn't roo upset by this. Have they addressed it? 

30 minutes ago, Blaxland 89 said:

How did Quinn come about? I have missed all the episodes. Did he have an affair while married to Martha? 

All the background we were given is included here - http://www.backtothebay.net/characters/quinn-jackson/

Though whether it was intentional or just a fudging of the dates, it does seem to imply an affair, which wasn't mentioned. They met in the bay, not in Vietnam (it was after Oz's involvement in the war had ended, hence why Alf wasn't serving himself at the time).

I think it was just a mistake as Alf had said that the relationship was starting to get serious when she was shipped back to the US, which it wouldn't have been if he was married to Martha.

Perhaps she could have been made a little older (her being around 20 was only in one throwaway comment) and Alf could have just not been overseas at the time...

Archived