Look to the Future (by Red Ranger 1) - comments

Ludub

13 hours ago, pembie said:

Loved Lottie going to buy her  bikini from a  bikini shop are they a real thing? :lol:

4 hours ago, JosieTash said:

Admidst all the REALLY serious stuff going on, loved Lottie and the wbole bikini thing. i know she was facing her own fears, but the sene was a nice way to lighten the heaviness of other goings on.

There's a number of them in Oz, including the somewhat intriguingly named SUNBURN ......

Thanks, fellas! I thought they were a thing (they had one in Neighbours many years ago), thanks for the confirmation, JT!

Great chapter!

Really liked Ash and Billie. Felt a bit sorry for Ash because Billie didn't tell him herself, but i understand how hard that would be. 

Surprised to see James, and Olivia was quick to blurt out her rape. I'm glad James realized that she should stay with Irene, and i liked their brief chat about Hunter.

And Leah and Zac might be expanding their family? Interesting..

Looking forward to more! :) 

45 minutes ago, KittCatt said:

Really liked Ash and Billie. Felt a bit sorry for Ash because Billie didn't tell him herself, but i understand how hard that would be. 

Surprised to see James, and Olivia was quick to blurt out her rape. I'm glad James realized that she should stay with Irene, and i liked their brief chat about Hunter.

Thanks, KittCatt! Ash is possibly a bit hard done by in this story, but I think even in the show he'd be one of the last people Billie would feel comfortable opening up to.The rest is my frustration at the show's handling of things spilling out: I'm disappointed with the way that Olivia's carrying on without any input from James, especially with the abuse storyline, and I find Irene's lack of concern over Hunter's more questionable acts somewhat irresponsible at times, so I wanted to address all that.

• Like 1

Great chapter Red. Agree with you on both of those things. The show hasn't handled those aspects of Olivia's storyline very well at all. Olivia's Uncle James has just been shoved aside as though he didn't care about her at all. And Irene insisting that Olivia and Hunter are 'made for each other' seems pretty odd given Hunter's previous behaviour. I like how you've dealt with that here. Neither James or Irene have done a particularly good job in looking after her. 

Feel very sorry for Ash here.  I can understand that Billie would find it difficult to tell him, but hearing about from other people, like a piece of juicy gossip, would be such a kick in the stomach. It's always been clear how much he loves Billie so finding out that she'd been hurt like that would be just awful! :(

Mason obviously does have the hots for Olivia. Loved how he and Lottie just went about their little chat without paying the slightest bit of attention to Mr Stathakis :lol: Hopefully it kept his mind off his gallstones! Very funny.

Poor VJ :( Interesting that Zac wants more kids. I don't think it's something Leah would risk again though. Their relationship would never survive a miscarriage. Adoption maybe?

Looking forward to the next chapter x

18 minutes ago, Ludub said:

Great chapter Red. Agree with you on both of those things. The show hasn't handled those aspects of Olivia's storyline very well at all. Olivia's Uncle James has just been shoved aside as though he didn't care about her at all. And Irene insisting that Olivia and Hunter are 'made for each other' seems pretty odd given Hunter's previous behaviour. I like how you've dealt with that here. Neither James or Irene have done a particularly good job in looking after her. 

Mason obviously does have the hots for Olivia. Loved how he and Lottie just went about their little chat without paying the slightest bit of attention to Mr Stathakis :lol: Hopefully it kept his mind off his gallstones! Very funny.

Thanks, Ludub! Glad you liked that bit, my attempt at injecting a bit of humour into a potentially rather dry scene: The bemused minor character watching the regulars is always a win.

• Like 1

I didn't remember half of  Olivia's backstory from the show untill recently so yeah its been done poorly....I like your take on it and it would make sense for James to come and see her about what happened to her, while she lived with him Had to laugh at Irene not thinking there was anything wrong with Hunter and thinking he was good for Olivia ..

I liked the scene with Billie and Ash at the start Shame they don't have many scenes together in the show like that..

So Zac and Leah might think about having a baby didn't see that coming

The Lottie and Mason and Mr.Stathakis scene was great... Their amusing chat could have been the highlight of Mr.Stathakis's day

Edited by pembie

22 hours ago, pembie said:

I liked the scene with Billie and Ash at the start Shame they don't have many scenes together in the show like that..

22 hours ago, Kristen said:

Really enjoyed Ash and Billie.

21 hours ago, ~JarlieFanEver~ said:

Can't blame Ash for feeling hurt that Billie didn't tell him. 

Thanks, people! To be honest, Ash and Billie aren't having many scenes together in this story so I felt they needed some here.

22 hours ago, pembie said:

I didn't remember half of  Olivia's backstory from the show untill recently so yeah its been done poorly....I like your take on it and it would make sense for James to come and see her about what happened to her, while she lived with him Had to laugh at Irene not thinking there was anything wrong with Hunter and thinking he was good for Olivia ..

21 hours ago, ~JarlieFanEver~ said:

Liked how you brought James into this fanfiction. It had been 11 years since we last saw him on the show.

Yes, I really felt we needed an appearance from James, I wasn't keen on the way the show kind of handwaved it as Olivia not wanting him to know so it was good to get him involved.

Totally understandable how Olivia just spat bac at James about how "great" he was at looking after her ...adn how human it was for James to susepct that Neil had done something to Olivia but not wanting to REALLY know for sure.

Loved Mason and Lottie, and the reactions of that paitent.

Nice touch that this whole Billie/VJ debacle had led to Zac wanting more kids.      

Looking fwd to more

Edited by JosieTash