Look to the Future (by Red Ranger 1) - comments

Ludub

3 hours ago, Ludub said:

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think you might have viewed this whole attack a little differently if it hadn't been Josh that he left for dead, If he'd attacked someone like Oscar, for example, you might be jumping up and down about how evil he is. And actually, if the situation was reversed and Josh had hit Tank in the back of the head like that, you'd probably be shouting about 'attempted murder' and insisting that they lock him up forever! :wink:

Believe it or not, I do try and stay objective: Yes, there are characters I like and characters I don't and that comes into it but I'm not completely blinkered about events.I mean, when Tank came back, Josh attacked him while he was lying injured and helpless in a hospital bed, opening up a stab wound and leaving him needing urgent medical treatment, seemed pretty murderous and didn't seem particularly bothered about the damage he'd done, maybe even enjoyed it.I wouldn't say "attempted murder" or that he should be locked up forever, but I would say that it deserved more than mild disapproval.But I suspect you didn't have a problem with it, yet if Tank had done that to Josh you'd have seen it as further evidence that he was a monster.Anyway, thanks for reading my story even though we disagree on a lot of points...

2 hours ago, pembie said:

Oliva has alot of things to get used too now...Maybe keeping a eye on Tank is something good for her... I don't think Skye is in any danger though :unsure:

I'm really glad that Brax and Ricky just didn't get away like on the show they were very annoying characters :lol: Who shouldn't of had happy endings

Thanks, pembie.Yes, I found Brax and Ricky's exit a bit annoying and undeserved so I definitely wanted to hit them with the karma bat here...

4 minutes ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Josh attacked him while he was lying injured and helpless in a hospital bed, opening up a stab wound and leaving him needing urgent medical treatment...

yet if Tank had done that to Josh you'd have seen it as further evidence that he was a monster

Sorry if I'm being overly argumentative today :blush: Just a bit grumpy. I'd say this is probably true to some extent. I did think that what he did to Tank was more than a bit excessive. While I could understand his rage, it certainly didn't make it right, and he probably should have gotten in trouble for it. I do actually think that Josh should have served some time for giving Andy the false alibi, and for not coming forward about Charlotte, but considering the incredibly light sentences that people normally get on the show, Josh's was excessively cruel.  Anyway, I did say that I'd give you the last word, yet here I am again... I'm gonna shut up now (zipping mouth... sorry!)

56 minutes ago, Ludub said:

I do actually think that Josh should have served some time for giving Andy the false alibi, and for not coming forward about Charlotte, but considering the incredibly light sentences that people normally get on the show, Josh's was excessively cruel.  

To be honest, I'm more or less in agreement with you.I thought the show pretty much took both extremes with Josh, in giving him both an excessively harsh sentence and an excessively light sentence, ie he was sentenced to 20+ years and then served precisely none of it.If they'd given him a lighter sentence (not community service but a jail time more in line with what he did), I'd have been happy.Without wanting to rehash my comments at the time, it felt like the show was trying to manipulate the audience in giving him 20-25 years: If he'd been given two years and still decided to go on the run instead of serving it, even more of the audience would probably have considered it cowardly (and he and Andy did make their escape plan before they knew what the sentence was...), so he gets given a ridiculous harsh sentence so the audience think that he doesn't deserve that and so it's okay to do a runner.

Which kind of left me in a corner, since the show gave him that sentence, meaning if he's caught that's what he's facing, so I'm left with him serving a harsh sentence (and yes, I added to it, because I think the choice he made was wrong).That was kind of why I had that scene with Evelyn, so the resolution isn't just "Josh serves 28 years, period." In my mind, he's not going to be in there for 28 years.As I indicated, if he appealed now, right after running away, there's no way it'd be successful, it'd probably be seen as a sign of a lack of remorse and might even get him more time.But as Evelyn said, I think if he appeals in a few years, with a good record inside, he'll probably get his sentence slashed and get moved to a low security prison.I think he'll be in there about 10-14 years...which you probably still think is excessive, and I again kind of agree, and if I had a blank slate he might have something more in line with Hunter's, but again I'm limited by what the show did.

• Like 1

Olivia's certainly REALLY getting to know what her new life is like. Glad she is quite protecive of Skye though [ï you hurt her, i'll tun you down" etc\ 

So Brax and Rocky are in the slammer. intriguing .......but good that Heath and B will be caring for little Casey. 

Dex adn Lottie, eh, i rem that she;s one of your faves. she's totes cool. Wonder how/wher/when etc Aprix/Dex went south, so to speak. 

15 minutes ago, JosieTash said:

Dex adn Lottie, eh, i rem that she;s one of your faves. she's totes cool. Wonder how/wher/when etc Aprix/Dex went south, so to speak. 

Thanks, JT! I've never actually got to write for Lottie before so that's something to look forward to.(I did have an alternate idea featuring her floating around in my head at one point but that's a long story.)The explanation for what happened between April and Dex is coming up next chapter.

I'm suddenly snowed under with other stuff so I may or may not get another chapter up before the weekend.

Wow! Amazing chapter! :) so good, I'm not even sure what to say. It was all great (loved Dex and Lottie) but the Oscar stuff at the end just gripped me. Yay! So Oscar's some secret agent? Was he wearing a black suit? Haha! Brilliant! That's definitely better than being flattened by something heavy! Lovely that he went back for Maddy too. Thanks Red x