Look to the Future (by Red Ranger 1) - comments

Ludub

8 hours ago, JosieTash said:

Matt's line about teh judge wanting to being back hanging is soooo him. 

Zac agreeing etc to help Josh was nice. 

Thanks, JT. I thought given Zac's history he'd try and do his best to steer Josh in the right direction from behind the scenes.

Hopefully get another chapter up this weekend, if not it'll be some time during the week.

Great chapter!

Surprise at the end there with Lottie and Dex. 

I liked everyone trying to be there for Olivia, especially Irene and Skye. And i liked Olivia being protective of Skye considering what Hunter was capable of...

Nice twist with Brax and Ricky not getting the happily ever after they wanted. I liked Nate saying Casey should be with Health and Bianca, but i wonder if thats what he really wants. 

I look forward to more! :) 

Great chapter! :)

'Ah Brax, what are you at?!' (Shakes head)

You really are tying up loose ends and meting out your own very selective justice, aren't you? lol. What else is fanfic for, I guess?! Haha. Anyone else on your list? :lol: Are we gonna hear that the case has been reopened against Aden, lol?! (Sshhhh, I didn't say that! I don't want to give you any ideas! :wink:)

Glad that Heath and Bianca took Casey, and not Nate.

At the risk of turning your fanfic pages into a 'Tank' discussion thread, I'm just gonna say that I think Olivia would be sensible to be very wary of Tank :blink: We haven't seen any plausible evidence of rehabilitation really, or a change in behaviour. Not in the show anyway. He was unhinged before and did some pretty appalling things, including what was essentially rape (Evie was too frightened not to sleep with him), and I really don't see that he's changed that much. So I'd be a bit worried about letting him be with someone as silly and naive as Skye. As he put it himself, she's a good 'kid'. He knows she's just a child compared to him but he likes em young. He likes impressionable inexperienced girls that can be easily led. He says he cares about Skye, but he said the same about Evie (while at the same time being very sexually threatening towards Maddy). It's very clear that he doesn't like being told what to do either and that he'll just take what he wants with no consideration for anyone else. He's volatile and extremely manipulative, and equally, if not a lot more dangerous than Hunter. He could snap at any moment. Skye is currently caught in his web though and too silly to see what he really is. (I get the impression that you like Tank though, so in your story it'll probably be fine :))

Loved Chris calling Olivia 'Wheels' :lol:and I thought it was nice that the Morgans helped put the ramp in. Feeling quite sorry for Olivia.

Interesting development with Dex and Lottie! :wub:

Edited by Ludub
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Ludub said:

At the risk of turning your fanfic pages into a 'Tank' discussion thread, I'm just gonna say that I think Olivia would be sensible to be very wary of Tank :blink: We haven't seen any plausible evidence of rehabilitation really, or a change in behaviour. Not in the show anyway. He was unhinged before and did some pretty appalling things, including what was essentially rape (Evie was too frightened not to sleep with him), and I really don't see that he's changed that much. So I'd be a bit worried about letting him be with someone as silly and naive as Skye. As he put it himself, she's a good 'kid'. He knows she's just a child compared to him but he likes em young. He likes impressionable inexperienced girls that can be easily led. He says he cares about Skye, but he said the same about Evie (while at the same time being very sexually threatening towards Maddy). It's very clear that he doesn't like being told what to do either and that he'll just take what he wants with no consideration for anyone else. He's volatile and extremely manipulative, and equally, if not a lot more dangerous than Hunter. He could snap at any moment. Skye is currently caught in his web though and too silly to see what he really is. (I get the impression that you like Tank though, so in your story it'll probably be fine :))

Yeah, I like Tank.To be honest, I liked him before the show officially "reformed" him, he came across as messed up rather than bad to the bone, at least to me, so he's going to get a sympathetic portrayal in here.I would query the "essentially rape", Evie might have had a wobble after seeing his temper but she'd ignored a lot worse behaviour from him (like trashing Maddy's party) and I think she'd forgiven him when they slept together again, it came across as make-up sex to me.But I do think it was in character for Olivia to be wary of him, especially given what's happened in this story.

7 hours ago, KittCatt said:

Surprise at the end there with Lottie and Dex. 

7 hours ago, Ludub said:

Interesting development with Dex and Lottie! :wub:

3 hours ago, Kristen said:

Suprised you put Dexter and Lottie as a Couple.

6 hours ago, ~JarlieFanEver~ said:

Loved the end with Dex and Lottie 

Thanks, everyone! This seems like a good point to mention that Lottie was the one that was going to end up in the wheelchair originally, before I transferred it to Olivia.I'd no idea how it was going to happen, I just thought it would be an interesting development.

7 hours ago, Ludub said:

You really are tying up loose ends and meting out your own very selective justice, aren't you? lol. What else is fanfic for, I guess?! Haha. Anyone else on your list? :lol: Are we gonna hear that the case has been reopened against Aden, lol?! (Sshhhh, I didn't say that! I don't want to give you any ideas! :wink:)

Tsh, I did that years ago...

1 hour ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Yeah, I like Tank.To be honest, I liked him before the show officially "reformed" him, he came across as messed up rather than bad to the bone,

That's interesting. Do you just like his face more? He always came across as threatening and very manipulative. Even his female 'friends' tried to warn Evie to be careful around him, and Maddy was scared of him. I just went back to watch those episodes in case I was blowing things out of proportion. He held Evie hostage in that house, locking her in and taking away her phone, and he even becomes physically violent with her. There isn't actually a scene where she went to bed with him, but I think it's heavily implied. If she did, then it was very clear that she didn't have a choice. She's hugging him and visibly shaking and looking terrified, but she's having to play lovey dovey with him to calm him down. He's pretty scary. As soon as she could in the morning she was hunting for a key to escape and desperately trying to send a text message for help. It certainly couldn't have been classed as makeup sex. When she does manage to get out she's running like her life depends on it, being chased by a murderous Tank further and further into the bush. On returning to the Bay, the first thing he does is bludgeon Josh in the back of the head and leave him there to die. Attempted murder. Just because he didn't die (and you don't like Josh) doesn't make it less of a crime. When be discovers what he's done and that Josh is very likely to die, he decides to hoax bomb the school just for good measure. He did also do a hold up with a switch blade which I think just got swept under the rug. They then give us a very flimsy explanation for what seems to have been years of manipulative and destructive behaviour. Now he's out of prison after about ten minutes, because why? It's too dangerous for him in there? I'm sure everyone gets that same consideration. As soon as he's out he starts cracking onto an underage girl. He deliberately goes to a function that he's been specifically asked not to go to (because the victims of his crime will be there) and at which he has absolutely no purpose other than to wind people up. He then runs off with another stupid little girl that he can mould into whatever he wants her to be. He does what he wants, when he wants, and he's not sorry. It is genuinely really interesting that you like him when you're willing to hang others for much lesser crimes.  I'd be more willing to forgive him if he actually showed that he'd changed but he hasn't.

Edited by Ludub

6 hours ago, Ludub said:

It is genuinely really interesting that you like him when you're willing to hang others for much lesser crimes.  I'd be more willing to forgive him if he actually showed that he'd changed but he hasn't.

At the risk of turning this into another discussion thread...I would disagree that it's implied that Evie went to bed with him.I'd also disagree that Maddy was scared of him, she was very supportive of Evelyn and Tank's relationship until very near the end, despite a few moments that required her to be wary.Josh chases after him, probably intending to hurt him, and he hits him on the back of the head.That's not attempted murder:The whole point of the storyline, in my opinion, was that you can do a lot of damage with one apparently innocuous punch.(Of course, a show that regularly has characters solving problems like that with their fists trying to deliver a moral like that is doomed to fail.They remembered to point out a couple of times when characters like Matt and Oscar did the same thing and were luckier and hence didn't serve any time...In fact, Matt being charged with assault while on a good behaviour bond just got brushed under the carpet.Then they decided to forget about it and have characters punching each other and potentially causing serious injury without consequence again.)He gets out because he protected Zac from bullies, saving his life, and was stabbed for his troubles(which is a far better reason than "It'll be tough on him").He then receives a massive amount of bullying, harassment and provocation from the other characters: VJ punches him without provocation, Josh assaults and threatens him, his car gets vandalised by the local rednecks, and he never reacts.Then Josh and Oscar act like the town sheriffs and think they've got the right to tell Tank where he can and can't go, even though it's made clear that he isn't breaking any laws, and he quite clearly stated that he wanted to give money to the hospital that saved his life.Andy takes it one step further, beating him up to stop him going because Josh might get upset, and innocent people suffer and die as a result.Yes, he got involved with Skye but I didn't see any sign that he was trying to mould her into anything.Their attempt at running away didn't last very long, they went back to his father and the situation was monitored.

As for the bad stuff he did, it was clearly shown that he'd been psychologically affected by what had happened to him as a child.His mother was murdered in front of him, that's bound to mess anyone up.He blamed his father for not protecting her and so got some twisted idea that he had to find someone he loved and protect them.That's what he was trying to do with Evie in his own messed up way, that's why he did the robbery, to fund the new life he thought they were going to have.I'm not saying it wasn't wrong but he had reasons for being the way he was, he paid for it, he got help, he showed remorse and he was a different person when he came back.So yes, I've forgiven him.

1 hour ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Josh chases after him, probably intending to hurt him, and he hits him on the back of the head.That's not attempted murder:The whole point of the storyline, in my opinion, was that you can do a lot of damage with one apparently innocuous punch.(Of course, a show that regularly has characters solving problems like that with their fists trying to deliver a moral like that is doomed to fail.They remembered to point out a couple of times when characters like Matt and Oscar did the same thing and were luckier and hence didn't serve any time...

I'm gonna leave it after this because we'll just go round and round in circles like we always do about Josh :wink: We aren't going to see eye to eye on this, ever... I'm sure you'll have an answer for this but I'm gonna let you have the last say, lol!

I just went back to watch that scene too, just in case my memory was playing tricks on me. So...Josh is walking towards the SB house to see Evie when he notices Tank lurking around the caravans looking decidedly shifty. What he was intending to do, we'll never know (but I can't imagine that it was anything good). Josh sees him slip in between two vans so he follows him there, but when he gets to the other side, Tank has disappeared. He walks, quite tentatively into the darkness, trying to see if he can spot Tank. There wasn't anything aggressive in his behaviour that I could see, other than the fact that he was worried about what he was doing there, and wanted to protect Evie. He even had his phone in his right hand, so he didn't exactly look 'fight ready'. Tank could have slunk off into the darkness if he'd wanted to, he had that choice. He didn't have to do anything to Josh. Nothing had to happen. Instead he decided to hit Josh in the back of the head. I think 'the back of the head' part is actually pretty important here. Yes, Oscar hit Matt, and he shouldn't have, but he didn't sneak up on him in the dark. He came at him front on. Matt had the chance to put his hands up and protect himself. He didn't, but he could have. Walking up behind someone and hitting them in the back of the head seems particularly vicious and underhanded. It makes the victim completely defenceless, and the skull is much thinner there so you're more likely to do a lot of damage. Oscar also didn't leave Matt lying there unconscious in the dark. Tank stood for a good while, admiring his handiwork, staring down at Josh as he lay lifeless on the ground. Tank knew what he'd done but he chose to walk away. 

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think you might have viewed this whole attack a little differently if it hadn't been Josh that he left for dead, If he'd attacked someone like Oscar, for example, you might be jumping up and down about how evil he is. And actually, if the situation was reversed and Josh had hit Tank in the back of the head like that, you'd probably be shouting about 'attempted murder' and insisting that they lock him up forever! :wink:

Anyway, looking forward to the next chapter, x

Edited by Ludub

Oliva has alot of things to get used too now...Maybe keeping a eye on Tank is something good for her... I don't think Skye is in any danger though :unsure:

I'm really glad that Brax and Ricky just didn't get away like on the show they were very annoying characters :lol: Who shouldn't of had happy endings