Look to the Future (by Red Ranger 1) - comments

Ludub

Very good aftermath and reactions to the VJ and Billie situation. I wonder what is in store for them both next. I liked Oliva's lone of we don't always love the people good for us.

Maybe Irene going to see Mick will only make matters worse in the long run though.. I think he might cause some sort of trouble.

I found Dexter eyeing the girls up on the beach funny and asking Lottie to buy herself a bikini to just lay about on the sand wearing it funny :lol:

Olvia Must be a very skilled driver with her chair to wait tables :)

13 hours ago, pembie said:

Olvia Must be a very skilled driver with her chair to wait tables :)

Thanks, pembie! Not sure how realistic that is but I don't think Irene and Leah would deny her the job.She's probably not the quickest waitress but then the Diner isn't that big.It does occur to me though that they'd have to make sure they had some wide aisles...

Hopefully get another chapter up this evening.(Don't expect me to keep it up but I've got a lot of writing done recently.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ~JarlieFanEver~ said:

Great chapter

Liked how Chris comforted Billie after Irene told him and Olivia that Billie was raped

And I liked the chat between Billie and Olivia

Wondering how Ash is going to react when he finds out the truth...?

Thanks, Jarliefan! I wanted to show a bit of reaction from Chris, given that I've got them living together. As for the rest...Wait and see!

Loved, loved, loved this Chapter, Red! :wub: So much going on here it's hard to know where to start... So I'll start at the beginning... I absolutely loved Chris' scene with Olivia and Billie. It's exactly what I would expect of him (and I really want one of those hugs! :wink:). VJ and Leah's reactions were great too and very believable. I guess I'm hoping that VJ will come round and realise that he still wants to be with Billie, but it's a lot to get his head around, so I don't blame him if he needs time (or even if he doesn't). Olivia and Billie's scene was incredibly touching and heartwrenching at the same time. Beautifully written! I also loved the final scene with Hunter. Very brave of Olivia to go see him, and of Hunter to agree to see her. Very sad that it ended up that way. All in all, an exceptionally well written chapter! Really enjoyed it! Thanks Red! :)

Great chapter! 

Loved Billie with Chris, Irene and Olivia. Really beautiful. 

Also liked Irene telling VJ and Leah the truth and their reactions. Hoping VJ and Billie will eventually work it out, but in the meantime I'm glad she has Irene. 

Nice little scene with Olivia and Hunter. It must be tough for both of them to see each other after what has happened-what Hunter did. And now they both have to live with the consequences.

Looking forward to more! :) 

14 hours ago, Ludub said:

VJ and Leah's reactions were great too and very believable. I guess I'm hoping that VJ will come round and realise that he still wants to be with Billie, but it's a lot to get his head around, so I don't blame him if he needs time (or even if he doesn't).

12 hours ago, KittCatt said:

Also liked Irene telling VJ and Leah the truth and their reactions. Hoping VJ and Billie will eventually work it out, but in the meantime I'm glad she has Irene. 

10 hours ago, Kristen said:

Liked everyone being understanding after they learnt the truth.

Thanks, everyone! I guess the idealised outcome would be for VJ to go straight back to Billie when he found out the truth but I didn't want to do that: He understands there were mitigating circumstances and doesn't hate her but she still hurt and deceived him, and that's going to take a while to process.

• Like 2

I think VJ will come around and want to be there for Billie But I can see Leah being a probelm there...Nice insight into Billie's feelings for VJ and how she coped with being raped..

Kind of sweet that Oliva went to see Hunter  Nice way of making things feel final between them.

Dexter and Lottie are the only ones truly happy and no there's Matt and Evie

Loved Lottie going to buy her  bikini from a  bikini shop are they a real thing? :lol:

Edited by pembie

A VERY moving chapter !!!!

ADORED when Billei was telling Olivia about how sweet and loving etc VJ was when they slept together ...... and its sooo Billie to be down on herself [with the line bout hurting the only guy not to hurt her.]

Admidst all the REALLY serious stuff going on, loved Lottie and the wbole bikini thing. i know she was facing her own fears, but the sene was a nice way to lighten the heaviness of other goings on.

REALLY looking fwd to more

9 hours ago, pembie said:

Loved Lottie going to buy her  bikini from a  bikini shop are they a real thing? :lol:

There's a number of them in Oz, including the somewhat intriguingly named SUNBURN ......

http://www.sunburnswimwear.com.au/