Look to the Future (by Red Ranger 1) - comments

Ludub

Gnaww! ? what a lovely feel good ending. Loved that you brought Maddy and Oscar back for the closing chapter. Nice to know they're happy. Tori and Sid seems an interesting choice and certainly does complicate things for Brody and Indi, but sure... why not? I started to worry you were gonna hook Alf and Irene up right at the end there ? I'm not sure I can quite imagine that... Great story from start to finish, Red! Really enjoyed it! x

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KittCatt said:

Sid and Tori sounds like a good idea, though now Brody has to add his sister and his girlfriends father to the flow chart.

12 minutes ago, Ludub said:

Tori and Sid seems an interesting choice and certainly does complicate things for Brody and Indi, but sure... why not? 

Thanks, you two! That was another last minute semi-panic, since it was slowly dawning on me that I'd paired Tori with Nate and then written him out, meaning she was left on the shelf... Sid was definitely a case of "Why not?"

• Like 2

GREAT ending.

REALLY liked the Oscar, Maddy stuff ....have liked Mads since they de-princees'd her with the cancer. and the Oscar secret squirrel storyline was just the best.

Tori and Sid is most intriguing .,...... and its good that this Frank, Roo wedding went off without a hitch.

MANY thanks, Red, for sharing this FINE fan fic with us !!!!!!!

Edited by JosieTash

You could write a Oscar spin off story if you wanted and had the time.. Its quite sad for Maddy to be with Oscar but to not really be with him because his in hiding...But cool in another way true to life that not everything is tied into a neat bow.

Nice that Tori got her dance with Sid but very arkward for Indi and Brody if they ever got to together :lol:

Nice ending scene with Alf and Irene seemly the watchful guardians of the bay seeing alot of people come and go over the years..

Nice and touching heartfelt closing line too.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JosieTash said:

have liked Mads since they de-princees'd her with the cancer. and the Oscar secret squirrel storyline was just the best.

10 hours ago, pembie said:

Its quite sad for Maddy to be with Oscar but to not really be with him because his in hiding...But cool in another way true to life that not everything is tied into a neat bow.

5 hours ago, ~JarlieFanEver~ said:

Almost forgotten about Oscar beginning alive in this fanfic, haha. :P

I'm glad I got to write one last Maddy/Oscar scene.I take some consolation in the fact that they're still together and happy somewhere out there in the multiverse.Several somewheres, come to think of it...

On ‎20‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 8:43 PM, KittCatt said:

And I'm so glad Roo's wedding went smoothly. Sounds like a happy ending for everyone!

23 hours ago, Ludub said:

I started to worry you were gonna hook Alf and Irene up right at the end there ? I'm not sure I can quite imagine that...

10 hours ago, JosieTash said:

its good that this Frank, Roo wedding went off without a hitch.

Nice ending scene with Alf and Irene seemly the watchful guardians of the bay seeing alot of people come and go over the years..

Nice and touching heartfelt closing line too.

One of my biggest problems when planning this was "How the heck do you end a story which is about...everything?" But then it hit me: I already had a vague idea of Frank being related to the other Morgans and getting back together with Roo, so given that the first season had Frank and Roo almost getting married and everyone thinking they were having a baby, the perfect bookend was to have them actually get married and having a baby.And then it hit me that I needed a bit more of VJ and Billie, since they're kind of the heart of the story, and then finish on Alf and Irene, who are kind of the heart of the show (but no, Ludub, I would never get them together...).The last line kind of wrote itself, even though I admit I'm not really sure what it means...

You could write a Oscar spin off story if you wanted and had the time..

5 hours ago, ~JarlieFanEver~ said:

Are you going to do a sequel for this fanfiction or not?

Honestly? I've written three Home and Away fics on the trot, two short ones and...this, which has taken up about four months of my life, probably nearer six if you include the planning.I've got a stack of non-HA stuff I really want to write but I'm having trouble getting into.At this stage, writing another Home and Away fic is about as appealing as sticking my arm in a jar of acid.Which isn't to say I won't: I've got a few ideas about what happens to characters next that may eventually form into a coherent storyline.But that is a long long way away if it ever happens at all, by which time I suspect people will have forgotten this story or that they wanted a sequel to it.

Edited by Red Ranger 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Honestly? I've written three Home and Away fics on the trot, two short ones and...this, which has taken up about four months of my life, probably nearer six if you include the planning.I've got a stack of non-HA stuff I really want to write but I'm having trouble getting into.At this stage, writing another Home and Away fic is about as appealing as sticking my arm in a jar of acid.Which isn't to say I won't: I've got a few ideas about what happens to characters next that may eventually form into a coherent storyline.But that is a long long way away if it ever happens at all, by which time I suspect people will have forgotten this story or that they wanted a sequel to it.

Ok cool don't go sticking your arm in a jar of acid The acid would win :unsure: Good luck with your other writings and have a good Christmas Red.

• Like 2

• QUIET ACHIEVER changed the title to Look to the Future (by Red Ranger 1) - comments