Look to the Future (by Red Ranger 1) - comments

Ludub

15 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Ah, I'm guessing you thought it was Dexter? Well, no, he's out of the running...or is he?! Thanks for the comment.

After the previous chapter i wrote something like .... i "wonder" who the father is .........

i'm guessing from your comment that maybe Dex was in her protest group unknowingly to her??? .....or maybe she just got her dates mixed up .... maybe

Edited by JosieTash

10 hours ago, JosieTash said:

After the previous chaoter i wrote something like .... i "wonder"who the father is .........

i'm guessimg form your comment that maybe Dex was in her protext group unknowingly to her??? .....or maybe she just got her dates mixed up .... matybe

I'm saying nothing...

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, pembie said:

Hmmm I'm not sure if Dexter's sudden proposal is because of the gut reaction to April being back we will see I'm sure Dexter and April will cross ways for some reason

Thanks, pembie, and hey, it's a small town...

I will probably get a chapter up this evening some time.

• Like 1

Loved this chapter, Red! :) 

First things first! Kyle is out! Kyle is out! Kyle is out! :wub: Yay! If only this would happen on the show! This made me so happy I can't even...:D

I think, (in the context of your story), Ricky would be best to move on from Brax and try to build a new life. Obviously he's someone who's completely incapable of being a law-abiding citizen so he's likely to continue mixing in dodgy circles once he gets out, and if she has any sense she should try to avoid getting mixed up in that for Casey's sake. I like to think that she and Kyle will look after each other and help each other readjust to life, like their own little family unit.

Did Kyle have anything to do with April in the past? :huh: I can't remember them having any interaction at all, but maybe I've just blanked it?  I'm also thinking there's more to the fact that April doesn't want to tell Bianca (a lot more?), but we'll see...<_<

Mason and Olivia is interesting. Liked Chris being Chris, and pointing out Mason's none too subtle staring from across the room :lol: (and his 'Wheels' nickname!).

Speaking of Chris, I just loved him in this, and you've just made me miss him even more. So sad that he's gone! Offering to be April's birthing partner is just so delightfully 'Chris'! :lol: To be fair though, I don't think you'd find anyone who'd do more research, throw themselves into it more, or who'd support you any better. He'd be the best birthing partner that anyone ever had, apart from the odd inappropriate joke, but I think I could live with that. I just love Chris. He had such a good heart.:wub: SB lost something very special when he left.

Again, I'm worried that Zac has pressured Leah into something that she doesn't want to do. She doesn't sound all that enthusiastic about it :unsure: 

Really looking forward to the next chapter x

Edited by Ludub
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ludub said:

First things first! Kyle is out! Kyle is out! Kyle is out! :wub: Yay! If only this would happen on the show! This made me so happy I can't even...:D

I think, (in the context of your story), Ricky would be best to move on from Brax and try to build a new life. Obviously he's someone who's completely incapable of being a law-abiding citizen so he's likely to continue mixing in dodgy circles once he gets out, and if she has any sense she should try to avoid getting mixed up in that for Casey's sake. I like to think that she and Kyle will look after each other and help each other readjust to life, like their own little family unit.

Thanks, Ludub, I thought you'd like that! Yeah, that's pretty much my feeling on the subject too.It did seem like, on the show, that was at least part of Ricky's motivation for turning Brax away when he first came back for her, that life with him would always be like that, but then she went back to him anyway.Hopefully she and Kyle will look out for each other!

2 hours ago, Ludub said:

Did Kyle have anything to do with April in the past? :huh: I can't remember them having any interaction at all, but maybe I've just blanked it?  

Well, his brother married her sister.I remember April and Dexter having a low-key family-only bucks-and-hen party which Kyle got invited to as an after-thought, he turned up with the pizzas and they asked him to stay.They had a fair bit to do with each other while Tamara was in hospital with amnesia, which I've only just remembered.Otherwise I think it was just bits in Angelo's, I remember them having a bit of interaction at Bianca's hen do.

ETA: Here's that moment in full(from Episode 5812):

Ricky: "Er, Kyle, we've just realised no-one ordered a stripper.Would you like to offer your services?"
April: "You can't ask your future brother-in-law to strip for you."
Kyle: "Yeah, cos that's the only thing wrong with that suggestion."

Edited by Red Ranger 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Well, his brother married her sister.I remember April and Dexter having a low-key family-only bucks-and-hen party which Kyle got invited to as an after-thought, he turned up with the pizzas and they asked him to stay.They had a fair bit to do with each other while Tamara was in hospital with amnesia, which I've only just remembered.Otherwise I think it was just bits in Angelo's, I remember them having a bit of interaction at Bianca's hen do

Ah okay... Obviously there's the Heath and Bianca link, but I was wondering if I'd somehow blanked some romantic interlude between them, because Kyle seemed so interested in how she was doing. Fair enough, so they did share some scenes then (I'd forgotten the stuff with Tamara too).

Great chapter!

I'm still a bit worried Leah and Zac are rushing into things... Leah still seems quite hesitant. Wonder if its going to work out..

Love that Kyle is back! :) Don't care so much about Ricky, but I'm glad she seems to be thinking sensibly about Brax.

Liked the slight awkwardness between Dex and April, as well as Billie and VJ. 

Looking forward to more! :)