Look to the Future (by Red Ranger 1) - comments

Ludub

9 hours ago, Kristen said:

Liked the twist that Oscar is alive and  undercover well kind of.

7 hours ago, ~JarlieFanEver~ said:

Whoa at the ending that Oscar is alive and undercover. But I loved the twist 

5 hours ago, Ludub said:

Wow! Amazing chapter! :) so good, I'm not even sure what to say. It was all great (loved Dex and Lottie) but the Oscar stuff at the end just gripped me. Yay! So Oscar's some secret agent? Was he wearing a black suit? Haha! Brilliant! That's definitely better than being flattened by something heavy! Lovely that he went back for Maddy too. Thanks Red x

Thank you so much, all of you.I am not a fan of resurrecting dead characters but I disliked what the show did to Oscar so much that I couldn't resist bringing him back.I possibly didn't make it as clear as I should, although I was being deliberately vague as to what Oscar's doing because I don't know myself.It's meant to be him working on some secret scientific project, possibly a new medical treatment although that's not concrete.Glad you liked Dexter and Lottie, Ludub! (If anyone remembers my Oscar/Maddy one-shot One Last Time where I mentioned I was working on a story that was similar but longer...basically that story got transcluded into this one.I had a vague idea of Maddy in rehab, and Dexter would be her physio and dating Lottie, and Spencer and Rosie were going to be in it which is why I mentioned them here, and throughout when she was alone Oscar was going to keep appearing and chatting to her and it was going to look like she was imagining him until it ended like this chapter ended.But I couldn't come up with a solid enough story so just included the highlights here.)

7 hours ago, FunkyMonkey said:

Great chapter. Looking forward to the next update 

Thank you and welcome aboard!

• Like 2

Oscar's back helping people out who have faked their deaths? Pretty cool something he would enjoy being a spy :)

I never came April a thought with the Dexter and Lottie being together now...I'm pretty much the same as Dexter, in can't believe when girls come on too me.. :lol:

Nate was abit of a plank there when it came to Tori though leaving her behind for a job and not realising how she felt...

LOOOOOVE that Oscar's not dead .....and kinda secret agent-ish ...... maybe. 

LOVE the witness protection reference .....adn the Trek/Chris Hensworth one.

Dex talking to Roo and her thinking he was mocking her [lives going in different directions] was coooool ........and i'm not sure i'll be able to get the image of Skye & Maz in mathcing gym outfits out of my head !!!

Looking fwd to more !!!! 

Edited by JosieTash

16 hours ago, pembie said:

Nate was abit of a plank there when it came to Tori though leaving her behind for a job and not realising how she felt...

Thanks, pembie! I wasn't sure if I was being a bit hard on Nate, he can be a twerp at times but he's not usually that self-absorbed, but it seemed to fit.

4 hours ago, JosieTash said:

LOVE the witness protection reference .....adn the Trek/Chris Hensworth one.

Thanks, JT, thought you might like that!

• Like 1

Great chapter!

Really liking Dex and Lottie

Like how you came up with a way to save Oscar! I really am happy to see him back, he certainly didn't deserve to die. A bit cruel of him to tell Maddy and not Evie, but I understand his reasoning.

Feeling quite sorry for Tori, but i think she can do better than Nate anyway.

I look forward to more :) 

21 hours ago, KittCatt said:

Like how you came up with a way to save Oscar! I really am happy to see him back, he certainly didn't deserve to die. A bit cruel of him to tell Maddy and not Evie, but I understand his reasoning.

Thanks, KittCatt! I did find the way the show killed Oscar very mean-spirited and unnecessary, so I loved finding a way around it.

So just after I've finished the last thing I was snowed under with, I get something else to do.Ideally the next chapter will be up at the weekend; if not, next week some time.

• Like 1

Really liked this chapter. A lot happening and a real feeling of community here. Loved Dex and VJ catching up. VJ needs a mate now that Hunter's gone, (along with all the other young men in the town) Tori's idea to have a girl's night out was good but I guess Justin sort of derailed that on her! They hooked up pretty quickly didn't they?! haha! Loved Matt and Evie's banter, and nice to see them together. They do have natural chemistry, and as you say there isn't really anyone else left. Looking forward to the next chapter! x

Great chapter!

I liked Justin calling Nate all those names, because it's true..It would be good for Tori to have some female friends.

Dex saying VJ had grown was great :lol:

Good to see Skye on good terms with John and Marilyn, and that Olivia is continuing to do well.

I look forward to more :)