Most Popular Character 2016

Dan F

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I like everyone in that update except for Brodie! I did love Angie (I love how they obviously realised that Angie was popular so brought the actress back as Josie).

I am surprised Brody has ranked so highly. He hasn't really done much except act self righteous and be surprised that owning a successful restaurant might draw attention to its owner. So I am surprised he has gained enough popularity to make someone's top 5 (with so many to choose from). 

I loved Kane and would have voted for him if I had more than 5 votes. I felt that his redemption story was well developed with it taking along time for the Sutherlands to forgive him. It also helped that once he fell for Kirsty - there was never anyone else for him. Shame about the on the run storyline. 

Vinnie is the first character I voted for that has turned up into the poll. Guess I have mainstream taste lol. 

6 hours ago, Angelica said:

So I like everyone in that update except for Brodie! I did love Angie (I love how they obviously realised that Angie was popular so brought the actress back as Josie).

I am surprised Brody has ranked so highly. He hasn't really done much except act self righteous and be surprised that owning a successful restaurant might draw attention to its owner. So I am surprised he has gained enough popularity to make someone's top 5 (with so many to choose from). 

I loved Kane and would have voted for him if I had more than 5 votes. I felt that his redemption story was well developed with it taking along time for the Sutherlands to forgive him. It also helped that once he fell for Kirsty - there was never anyone else for him. Shame about the on the run storyline. 

Vinnie is the first character I voted for that has turned up into the poll. Guess I have mainstream taste lol. 

Brody self righteous lol? I'll say he's the complete opposite. Sorry don't see it.

7 hours ago, Angelica said:

I'm not surprised he's there as he's good looking and he's current.  However I agree about not liking him.  In fact I can't stand him.  He's an arrogant prick.  His whole attitude towards Decker and Raffy re the big secret annoyed me immensely so much so that I wanted to punch him.  He doesn't give two hoots about either of them and I find very little likeable about him.

Can't believe Coleen has featured so high.  Absolutely loathed her.  I found very little to like about her and just saw her as a mean spirited person.  I remember celebrating when she actually left.  She was like a female version of Norris from Coronation Street.

Good to see Charlotte there and I probably would have voted for Angie if not for my fourth and fifth votes this time around.  I remember her arriving shortly after Kane left and he returned not too long after she was killed off.  All part of my favourite era.  I loved how psycho she was and managed to turn everyone in the town against her.

Kane is probably always going to be one of my favourites.  I mentioned numerous times about his love for Kirsty but after the second mediation I do think there was a genuine attempt from him to try and be a better person.  Like Kirsty he wasn't as high for me this time because of his return in 2008.

And Amanda.  Loved her.  Thought she was a super-bitch with a heart.  Didn't see her at the beginning of her stint but loved the stuff with Peter, Belle and her storyline with Kelli.  It's a shame her return had to be at Belle's funeral and I hated how she only found out one day before her daughter actually died giving her very little time to say goodbye.

Most of the other characters i.e. Selina, Roo, Belle, Noah, Shane, Vinnie etc. are probably right to be where they are.

Well that's all of my five!

1 hour ago, Slade said:

Well that's all of my five!

Do you know what, I can't even remember now who I voted for. I know 4 of them, but I've forgotten one of them. I was deliberating for so long over who to vote for, spent weeks thinking about it. I know I voted 1 Jack, 2 Melody, 4 Morag, 5 Celia, I'm pretty sure Carly was 3, so that would mean I still have 2 to go. I'm surprised Celia is this high.

6 minutes ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

I've actually only had one of mine come out so far (Maddy), which I'm quite surprised about since I usually have at least a couple in the lower fringes...

You must be more mainstream than you realise, RR :wink:

I've had great fun going through the old polls.

This update sees two of my five gone.I'm quite surprised to see any of them rate so highly if I'm honest.Besides one none of them have been around for at least ten years.

Noah.My baby.Those were the days when a character could be both good looking and an interesting character.I actually related to him a lot which is what sees me consistently vote for him.It would appear I'm not the only one.I don't find the name that obscure though.It's fairly popular.

I loved Kit to.She was something different.A problem the show still has is bringing girls in to look pretty and not much else.She actually had a storyline and a purpose though apparently she wasn't pretty enough to end up with Noah so instead they stuck him back with someone he'd been broken up with for at least a year if I recall correctly.Me, Salty?Heavens no!At least they ended up in the same update.

I love Shane and Selina but not enough to vote for them this time.I'm glad they scored so highly though.

The others I can take or leave.I do like Brody though I agree with others in saying that he can come across as a bit arrogant at times which puts me off.I'm not surprised to see him so high but I am surprised to see neither of his brothers have made an appearance yet.This puts a kink in my speculation from the other day.If neither Mason or Justin makes an appearance that means Nate is more popular then I thought.And if I'm right and Nate and Mason are the two with no votes then Justin is more popular then I thought.I always thought Brody would be the highest ranked Morgan based on the discussion threads.

3 hours ago, ~Lynd~ said:

This update sees two of my five gone.I'm quite surprised to see any of them rate so highly if I'm honest.Besides one none of them have been around for at least ten years.

Noah.My baby.Those were the days when a character could be both good looking and an interesting character.I actually related to him a lot which is what sees me consistently vote for him.It would appear I'm not the only one.I don't find the name that obscure though.It's fairly popular.

I loved Kit to.She was something different.A problem the show still has is bringing girls in to look pretty and not much else.She actually had a storyline and a purpose though apparently she wasn't pretty enough to end up with Noah so instead they stuck him back with someone he'd been broken up with for at least a year if I recall correctly.Me, Salty?Heavens no!At least they ended up in the same update.

Preach it sistah!

Noah/Kit will always be my ultimate ship. It pissed me off that they didn't just get rid of Kit but actually teased the fans with the kiss at the dance before Kit pushed him towards Hayley then left.

Plus ditching Kit because she wasn't pretty enough... to then have her with shack up with Kim (in a completely out of character way of being the other woman).

And was I the only one who preferred original!Flynn to generic!Flynn. I remember being so disappointed with that recast because it wasn't just the looks that changed... it was the entire personality. Was a strange one :huh:.

And as an ex-KK fan... I ended up hating it on rewatch. It could have been good if they hadn't painted Rhys & Dani as the wrong/evil ones. The more the couple was pushed the worse the writing got for those opposed to the coupling. 

Archived