Most Popular Character 2016

Dan F

The comments aboutrRosie [re Tabitha and Billie] are sooooooo right, 

Not surpirsed about the comments about Olivia. Cooooool comments about  the likes of Beth and Tony.

LOVING this countdown ....... [even if] 2 of my 5 are in the 3 updates posted so far.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, CaptainTed84 said:

Ash not interacting with the community? This past year Ash has been around more different characters than ever, before this year he barely had anything to do with Matt and now they're good mates because of the garage. He has also naturally had more scenes with the Patterson-Macguire-King's due to Billie's pregnancy, a lot more than he had in his first 2 years on the show. He also has scenes with Alf, John and Maz (not regularly, but enough for him to be interacting with the community enough. I do agree that his character started off as one who only hangs around a few people (He's still with Billie, Kat and Phoebe a lot), but over the last 6 months in particular he has interacted with the community a lot more. 

Sure he has friends, but those friendships only exists when they further the plot. Need a stag night? Ash, Matt, Mason and VJ are the best of friends. Any other time of the week, it's like Ash and Matt don't even know each other. But to be fair that's a problem Home and Away has in general, the show is so focused on romantic relationships. It's been forever since they've had an actual natural, well developed friendship that didn't just fizzle out. 

Short comment on the poll to make sure my comment is on-topic: Rosie! I'm glad someone voted for her, she deserves it.

Good to see Rhys.  Always liked him.  Also glad to see Olivia.  I'm not surprised that she's there although I would have expected her to score a little higher.  Perhaps her popularity has dropped a little or she wasn't as popular as I originally thought.

I feel bad that I couldn't vote for more of my favourite characters so that they're also in there, but the thing is I have so many favourites. I was watching some 1993 and 1994 episodes last night and it reminded me how many characters there are who I'd love to see featured in this poll, but I couldn't vote for them because other characters took priority. Other than the characters I voted for, my next 20 would probably be

1 Amanda Baker, 2 Dex Walker, 3 Sarah Thompson, 4 Indi Walker, 5 Denny Miller, 6 Finlay Roberts, 7 Shannon Reed, 8 Selina Roberts, 9 Damian Roberts 10 Kirsty Sutherland, 11 Marilyn Chambers, 12 Shane Parrish, 13 Carly Morris, 14 Curtis Reed, 15 Martin Ashford, 16 Sid Walker, 17 April Scott, 18 Blake Dean, 19 Haydn Ross, 20 Roo Stewart

19 hours ago, Therese K said:

Maybe Ash? I don't think I have ever heard someone call themselves an Ash-fan. 

I'm an Ash fan though I'll also happily admit to when he annoys me.A character doesn't have to be perfect for me to like them.I don't think he's one of the two though.I'm fairly certain I've seen his name scattered around the place a few times.

I'm a little sad Chloe, Joey Rainbow & Johnny Cooper all rated so low even though I didn't vote for any of them.

April. With Belle my fav female character ever from this show. Glad to see she made it. I was a big Indi fan too. Such a small town you would expect them to find love etc. point of life ain't it? Anyway hoping to see Matt their. Be interesting to see who makes #1. I changed mine a few time lol. But my five were. Belle Taylor, Aden Jefferies, Shannon, Matilda Hunter, Matt Paige. So hopefully see them on the countdown. 

I voted for Celia but I notice she hasn't appeared yet so there must be a few more Celia fans out there... 

Nice to see the lovely Melody :) It's funny how your opinions about characters change over time...I was reminiscing about the Walkers and it made me want to watch some Indi clips but her and Romeo weren't as good as I remember! They were early clips though, perhaps I'd like the 2012 and 2013 clips better. I remember being quite upset when April and the Walkers left back in 2013, it definitely signalled the end of an era.

Archived