Most Popular Character 2016

Dan F

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am surprised that Hannah and Denny did so well as they seemed to have few fans when they were on the show. I can only imagine that perhaps death made people remember them more fondly. Can't imagine this result will be repeated next time.

Surprised to see Phoebe there - but then she is a Marmite character. Love her or hate her, hard to feel indifferent. 

I love Kirsty, and ironically thought her character got better once she dated her sister's rapist. And it's interesting that Kane usually outranks both Kirsty and Dani in the polls despite how his character started.

12 minutes ago, Angelica said:

I am surprised that Hannah and Denny did so well as they seemed to have few fans when they were on the show. I can only imagine that perhaps death made people remember them more fondly. Can't imagine this result will be repeated next time.

Surprised to see Phoebe there - but then she is a Marmite character. Love her or hate her, hard to feel indifferent. 

I love Kirsty, and ironically thought her character got better once she dated her sister's rapist. And it's interesting that Kane usually outranks both Kirsty and Dani in the polls despite how his character started.

I think with Kane it's the bad boy turn good, even though in the end he was a robber whilst on the run...

42 minutes ago, Angelica said:

I was a hardcore Kirsty/Kane fan and didn't give one iota that she dated her sister's rapist. I remember watching the episodes and you could see it coming when they were bonding and gradually getting closer after the Mirigini.  So it was no surprise when it actually happened.  And I loved that the show did that.  Something so unimaginable - The forbidden love.  One thing however is there seemed to be a lot of hatred towards Dani from some of the other hardcore KK fans and this was something I did not share (well maybe at the start).  I had a lot of empathy for her and ended up really liking her so much so that she became one of all time favourite characters.  The only reason why I didn't vote for her was because of Sophie.  Voting was very hard for me this time because it was effectively between six characters.  The five that I chose and Dani.  She'll probably be there next time though.

The thing with Kane is that the show made a real effort to show some sort of reform.  It wasn't a case of having a personality transplant or suddenly doing something good and expecting everyone to forgive and forget (although there were inconsistencies in the writing).  He was effectively forced to leave town twice and even when he stuck around virtually everybody hated him.  He eventually won some people over, over several years.  I think him ranking higher may be the demographic.  Do the male characters always tend to do better out of the power couples?

BTW - I loved the nonchalant way it was mentioned that Kirsty tied the knot!

Kirsty and Kane is still my fav couple in this shows history. Sorry, not Sorry :D. Glad to see Kirsty their though. She was my big crush in the early 2000's when I was like 13 or something. I remember the bush episode disaster, and they bonded. And it grew from their. IT was this forbidden love they had. The show clearly made it clear, Kane was remorseful for attacking Dani. While their is no excuse for that. He was not perfect, and he was attempting to reform. 

Glad to see one of my current favs Evie their. Yeah on the surface, she can be annoying. But I Think the fact, she has lost alot, justifies that. To answer your question Red Ranger :D. 

Ash. He is just a Braxton left over.

Phoebe. The comeback Queen LOL

I LOVED Sasha, as a male heh. As a character, I liked her better when she was struggling with a new family. And bonding with her siblings. Opposed to Romance Sasha. Dating basically every boy in summer bay, in such random order. Well 3 guys lol. I loved her and Matt though. So that is okay. 

Denny may have made it, being part of the most recently memorable storylines the show has done. Dying in such dramatic fashion at the hand of Charlotte King. 

Angel makes sense. Shane and Angel are still THE Golden Couple of this show

Hannah. She was hot. I Well leave it at that. 

Hayley. HAYLEY :wub:. Had a HUGE crush on Bec Cartwright. The best Hayley. 

Sid. LOVED Sid. Best Doctor the show saw since Rachel. Tori best currently. 

Wow! I preferred the list of characters in the last update. Most of those I think are far too high, namely Kane, Tasha, Kit, Flynn, Charlotte, Belle and Brody.

So lovely to see Amanda right at the top there! She's definitely one of my favourites. And I know Roo hasn't done that much since 2010, but I still feel she deserves to a bit higher. Brody benefitting from the recency effect IMO.

ETA: Now gotta read RR's work :)

Belle is my fav character ever from this show. So pleased to see her their. Well one of. Loved Aden and Belle. The Golden Couple of the 2000s I guess you could say. Glad to see Brody their. One of the most popular ATM. With Mason being obvioisiey not liked. Well because reasons.

REALLY liked the symmetry of how things worked out in the latest update ...... the whole Shane, Belle and Flynn being the 1st half of a golden couple quit 1st, and how Angie and Charlotte both fell fowl of an accidental death at the hands of ......

Glad the likes of Brody, Kit and Tasha [and even Angie] got some votes !!!

LOVE these polls/countdowns every 2 years !!!!

Archived