Most Popular Character 2016

Dan F

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This update sees another one of mine gone.I have two left.

My beloved Robbie.He was so wonderful.They've tried several times with people like Oscar and Dex but they've never managed to capture his spirit since.He was unique.

I'm glad to see both Oscar and Shannon rank so highly.I didn't vote for either of them but I do like them.

I'm not to fussed on anyone else besides Nate who I'm pleasantly surprised to see rate so highly.It would appear I'm not the only one who likes him.I'm actually surprised to see everyone else so high to  though not so pleasantly so.I found most of them boring or they are currently annoying me beyond belief.

It breaks my heart to say it but I don't think anyone voted for Justin.He actually has a bit of depth to him and is my favourite Morgan.I don't think anyone voted for Mason either though I'm not heartbroken over it at all.

53 minutes ago, ~Lynd~ said:

It breaks my heart to say it but I don't think anyone voted for Justin.He actually has a bit of depth to him and is my favourite Morgan.I don't think anyone voted for Mason either though I'm not heartbroken over it at all.

They both will receive votes next time I reckon, Justin has become a better character since past episode 6500 I believe (not trying to spoil anyone), I like him a lot more now. I'm not really a Mason fan but by 2018 Mason will have been there a couple of years and have people voting for him.

I'm really surprised that Hunter has 15 votes or whatever it was, crazy high for a character which i didn't think people really liked at all.

I really wasn't expecting Hunter to be that high.  Again pleasantly surprised.  That picture makes him seem like such a nice guy.  And I quite like the fact that people have put aside the fire, the way he was towards Leah/VJ and stabbing Andy to vote for him.

I'd completely forgotten about Martha.  Although she was hot I used to really dislike her because I often found her very sanctimonious at times but she grew on me after Jack died and I ended up really liking her.  Since as a couple she and Jack were massive back in the day I suspect he's probably going to be higher.

I was never really a fan of Matilda and underestimated her popularity.

Shannon was such a little cutie so good to see her there.

Again pleasantly surprised to see Nate.  He has really grown on me over the last few months.  I was a massive Sophie fan and didn't like the way he treated her (although I accepted it wasn't completely his fault because she did suffer from mental health issues).  I also didn't like the way he treated Kat and I especially felt bad for her after her brother died.  But I do like the way he's supported other characters since he and Ricky went their separate ways.

I think Aden and Brax will finish strongly.  I will be very surprised if neither of them are in the top 10.  Fully expecting Sally to win again.

1 hour ago, CaptainTed84 said:

They both will receive votes next time I reckon, Justin has become a better character since past episode 6500 I believe (not trying to spoil anyone), I like him a lot more now. I'm not really a Mason fan but by 2018 Mason will have been there a couple of years and have people voting for him.

I'm really surprised that Hunter has 15 votes or whatever it was, crazy high for a character which i didn't think people really liked at all.

Hmm seems the characters. Who do unredeeming things. Yet have shades of deceny about them. And have a edge. And are recent. Do well. Might explain why Hunter is high. He's current. I mean when you watch him. Well me I don't feel err your annoying. Like Kat. He's a screwed up teenager. So he's kinda compelling. That's just my take On it. 

I've been trying to avoid making comments that probably belong more in character discussion threads but, to be honest, I have never seen a photo of Hunter that makes him look like a nice guy.I seriously only have to see him to think "Urgh", which might be my problem or it might be Scott Lee's performance, which doesn't actually seem to have varied since the days when he was burning down houses and bullying people, as if his actions have changed but his personality hasn't.When he smiles, I just find him creepy, because I associate Hunter smiling with Hunter plotting to hurt someone.I try and put that aside and assess his actions but often I find it's not hard to view his actions in a bad light anyway.

But he finished highly so obviously other people don't have that problem!

1 hour ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

I've been trying to avoid making comments that probably belong more in character discussion threads but, to be honest, I have never seen a photo of Hunter that makes him look like a nice guy.I seriously only have to see him to think "Urgh", which might be my problem or it might be Scott Lee's performance, which doesn't actually seem to have varied since the days when he was burning down houses and bullying people, as if his actions have changed but his personality hasn't.When he smiles, I just find him creepy, because I associate Hunter smiling with Hunter plotting to hurt someone.I try and put that aside and assess his actions but often I find it's not hard to view his actions in a bad light anyway.

I wanted to like your post but I'm out of likes for today :(. I think you're being incredibly restrained, and your commentaries, while witty and cutting, have been very balanced. I'm really enjoying them! So hats off to you! :wink:

I can understand why you don't like Hunter. He did do some terrible things and in the real world he'd be unlikely to be forgiven so easily by those he'd hurt, or anyone close to them. And he shouldn't be! He hasn't really done much to deserve forgiveness... but in the world of soaps we get to see all the little hurty 'I'm just a troubled soul' moments and that coupled with a pretty face is usually enough to sway suggestible people like me. Not always, but a lot of the time. You're just made of tougher stuff, Red!  If you don't like someone, you tend to stick to your guns more than me. That's to be commended. I fall for the 'sales pitch' a lot of the time, haha! (Although not in the case of Mason, so it doesn't work all the time. I can't look at him and not see 'creepy' so I get where you're coming from with Hunter) I do also just really like Scott Lee, and that little head shake thing he does. Now that I've noticed it, it never fails to make me smile. Didn't vote for him though.

I haven't seen every vote but from what I have seen it seems like Sally hasn't received as many as I think and I have this feeling that it won't be her winning. Although I will probably be completely wrong as she has won every year since 2006 and doesn't need to be a current character to affect whether she is liked or not because she is such a well loved and iconic character so she will definitely be up there, I just have this feeling Brax will beat her. He just appeared to have more votes from what I saw.

Crazily enough Billie is set to finish possibly in the Top 20, unless I have forgotten about it I haven't seen her named yet in the poll and I am 100% certain that she received votes. That would be a very high debut if that is the case.

Matt could reach the top 15 at least, he is just such a well loved character and has received a heap of votes. Same with Kyle, early on I saw him rack up so many votes. Miles also appeared to gain a lot and I don't believe that he has ever finished this high before (correct me if I am wrong anyone). It's going to be a really exciting finish to the best Most Popular Character Poll of all time

39 minutes ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

It does make me wonder if the people who like Hunter are those who hated the Braxton's for getting away with everything. This is not a dig; just genuinely curious. I personally really don't like the character (too much of a special snowflake... a little like Kane ended up being between 2003-2005) but actually think the actor has a lot of potential.

1 minute ago, Pierced Musie said:

It does make me wonder if the people who like Hunter are those who hated the Braxton's for getting away with everything. This is not a dig; just genuinely curious. I personally really don't like the character (too much of a special snowflake... a little like Kane ended up being between 2003-2005) but actually think the actor has a lot of potential.

After seeing an interview of him you can tell that Scott Lee has to change his voice for the role of Hunter, he definitely has potential.

Archived