Most Popular Character 2016

Dan F

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Dan.

Can't really complain with that set of characters to be honest. I bet you're shocked :P

Perhaps Steven is the only one who I feel is a little high. I am very pleased to see Sid in there. Don't know why but I was a little surprised to see Kirsty in there, but pleased all the same.

Evelyn’s debut appearance in the poll, after the last three years have seen her develop into a Doom Magnet to rival Sally, Leah and Ruby. Evelyn has managed to have both her parents, both her siblings and her aunt die on her, so that’s two reasons for Zac to check his life insurance. Opinion is divided on whether this excuses her for being a bit annoying.

Favourite part by far :lol::lol:

Re Jett, He also gave us Skye. Which was a good thing. Right?  VERY muchly so, REALLY really liked her .....she ALMOST made into my 5, especially simce, initailly, she was sooooo not typical Bay grl material.

Wish Gypsy were higher [she's one of my 5], loved the "does Phoebe now this poll is on? ; and the Zac life insurance bit.

So true that Angel needs to be on the list somewhere .... her & Shane's wedding is BEYOND iconic - alrhough i'm VERY glad that Shannon must be higher up in this poll than Angel, since i voted for her and she's not appeared yet.

VERY true about how that last year of Sasha being n the Bay affected her result in the last poll ...... and altough Ella Scott Lynch may have only been Hayley for a few months, i like that cherater a LOT more cos of it, as I ADORE Ella !!!!   

2 hours ago, JosieTash said:

Re Jett, He also gave us Skye. Which was a good thing. Right?  VERY muchly so, REALLY really liked her .....she ALMOST made into my 5, especially simce, initailly, she was sooooo not typical Bay grl material.

Wish Gypsy were higher [she's one of my 5], loved the "does Phoebe now this poll is on? ; and the Zac life insurance bit.

So true that Angel needs to be on the list somewhere .... her & Shane's wedding is BEYOND iconic - alrhough i'm VERY glad that Shannon must be higher up in this poll than Angel, since i voted for her and she's not appeared yet.

VERY true about how that last year of Sasha being n the Bay affected her result in the last poll ...... and altough Ella Scott Lynch may have only been Hayley for a few months, i like that cherater a LOT more cos of it, as I ADORE Ella !!!!   

But I thought Bec was much a better actress then Ella.

Having seen Ella to that point, i.e. pre H&A, in ALL SAINTS, and since in the likes of LOVE CHILD, CROWNIES and especially in THE CODE, I'm MUCH more a fan of Ella's acting compared to Bec's. Hayley has never been a fave character of mine, but Ella made me actually care what happened to her ...... but to each their own.

Blake! I used to have a holy trinity of favorite Home and Away characters, and then Blake came along (technically he on the show was before all my other favorite characters, but I didn't watch his episodes until recently) and now they're all forgotten, Blake is my clear #1. Every time someone punches someone on the show, my mind immediately goes to the scene with Blake and his dad where his dad is saying something along the lines of "Go ahead, hit me, it's what you want to do, like father like son" and egging him on, but Blake doesn't want to fight, and says he doesn't want to drag himself down to his father's level. I think that's one of my favorite scenes of the show ever, and shows why I love Blake so much. I also thought his relationship with Alf was great.

Very true about Kirsty marrying her sister's rapist, I can't believe they thought that was even remotely okay.

And Ash showed, he clearly has more fans than I thought.

Can't believe Hannah finished as high as Kirsty.  Thought she was an absolutely dreadful character.  Anyway Kirsty.  One of my all time favourites.  Putting aside the fact I thought she was hot I absolutely loved her.  The only reason why I didn't rate her higher this time was because her return with Kane ruined it for me.  Although Kane isn't there yet which means he's finished ahead of her.

Even though I wasn't a fan I do think it's right that Gypsy finished as high as she did.  As the character was very significant.  Same goes for Angel and even Hayley I guess.  I remember I used to fancy Angel when I was a lot younger.

Evelyn finishing as high as she has is very welcome.  Interesting that she Ash, Denny, Phoebe and Hannah finished as high as they did.  I guess that's always the way.  People will identify more with current or fairly recent characters.  Which is reflected in the voting for the current episodes and the early years I guess.

Phoebe is a difficult one for me though.  There are times where she is incredibly self-righteous, starts raising her voice at people and it makes me really dislike her.  But then there are other times where she is actually really quite funny and makes me smile.  There are very few characters that can make me feel that way i.e. invoke strong feelings both ways.

And Sid is still hanging in there, fairly strong!

Archived