Most Popular Character 2016

Dan F

31 minutes ago, Dan F said:

Raffy isn't technically a regular at the moment, and neither is Ellie :wink:

Though Raffy actually just missed out on this poll as she came in a few episodes too late...

Ah, okay. So Raffy was too late and even if Ellie did get zero votes, she is not one of our two regulars. The plot thickens...

15 minutes ago, Edward Skylover said:

Haha don't worry I'm not too bothered when characters I like are disliked, I'm used to it :P I would expect Ash to be fairly popular though. I think Phoebe's good too.

Is Brodie a popular Morgan then? Because I'd say he's the worst Morgan :P Is Mason popular?

You know what, Brax came in third on the poll in 2012. I changed my mind, I won't be surprised if Ash gets more votes than expected.

I think Brody is fairly popular? I'm a bit behind on the show at the moment, so I don't go into the discussion threads a lot, but I feel like every time I do someone is swooning over Brody :lol: Mason, not so much. I think he's generally the least popular Morgan, but we'll see who scores what in the poll.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Therese K said:

Mason, not so much. I think he's generally the least popular Morgan, but we'll see who scores what in the poll.

What! Mason is gorgeous! That curly hair, and what a body :wub:

Not into facial hair, guess that's why I'm not swooning over Brody haha, don't mind him as a character, all the Morgans are fairly well-constructed as characters and have decent backstories (could do without the witness protection though)

Firstly, RedRanger,as ever thank you your commentaries are superb!!! Seriously. :) And of course to everyone else involved, thank you too!! I promise I'm not meaning to exclude you :P 

Ah, Freya Druric, seven years, have passed and still vote for and miss you!! Gawd bless me for it, she was criminally underused and as for Millecent Staples, her affair with Adam was the first time I found him hot!! I'll be grateful forever for that! :wub:

Looking forward to more of this years poll! :) 

12 hours ago, Ludub said:

As a big fan of Andy (even though I didn't vote for him) I found the commentary for him highly amusing. "Big soulful eyes and being nice to your brother (eventually)"? :lol: So very true! haha! What's a bit of homicide when you look like Tai Hara? :wub:

Sorry, the eyes don't really do if for me.  I'm more into the XX chromosome beings.

6 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Don't worry, Andy fans (or anyone else fans), it's all in good humour! Mostly.I'll save the vitriol for the discussion threads...

It will be interesting to see what you write about Brax and Aden in terms of characters like that. Although I guess Aden's more like Hunter.  You know, I never could figure out, out of the two which one you disliked more.  It seemed as though you mellowed with Aden when he was with Nicole and even started to like him but anyone who remembers your musings during the latter 2008/early 2009 seasons will know how deep the dislike was.  I did wonder whether it was bordering on an obsession.  Especially when you couple that with the numerous fan fictions which broke up the power couple.  And the disdain itself seemed to be almost unprecedented.  So much so that it made you dislike other characters.  But then again I don't recall you ever saying anything positive about Brax.  In fact I even remember how excited you were when Danny was released from jail and the very prospect of Brax getting 'his'...

Thanks Dan.

I don't think Atticus Decker deserves to be in there and I'm surprised he is! Nice to see the lovely April. Wonder if Dex is in there, he should be. As should hopefully the other Walkers despite the fact I didn't vote for them but others took priority I'm afraid! Sid is one of the better dad characters, Indi, Dex and April were all great characters, in my top 20 for sure, just not my top 5.

Ugh, Rhys Sutherland.

2 hours ago, Dan F said:

Onto those with 3 points:

MPC16-87.jpg

Most Popular Character 2016

Another amazing poll! Was very happy to see Tony Holden back in it (even though I was the only person who voted for him)

I think Hunter and Mason don't have votes. However both probably do so it's tough to estimate, they just don't seem as popular compared to other regulars

6 hours ago, Therese K said:

Aaah just as you post this I call Ash a "self-righteous Brax-copy", sorry about that :P For what it's worth I don't think Ash is the worst character every or anything, I actually kind of agree he's one of the "only decent characters from the criminal aspect of H&A", as you put it. I liked Casey a lot, but Ash is better than all of the other Braxtons. I just wish he interacted with the community more.

Ash not interacting with the community? This past year Ash has been around more different characters than ever, before this year he barely had anything to do with Matt and now they're good mates because of the garage. He has also naturally had more scenes with the Patterson-Macguire-King's due to Billie's pregnancy, a lot more than he had in his first 2 years on the show. He also has scenes with Alf, John and Maz (not regularly, but enough for him to be interacting with the community enough. I do agree that his character started off as one who only hangs around a few people (He's still with Billie, Kat and Phoebe a lot), but over the last 6 months in particular he has interacted with the community a lot more. 

The one thing I wish they did with Ash was make it that he joined the show before Heath and Casey left, it would have been nice if he got to know all the Braxton's. If I had to do a Top 5 with the Braxton's and Ash I would make it:

1. Heath

2. Brax

3. Ash

4. Casey

5. Kyle

I still think a gay friend of Ash's from prison (who is in love with him) should rock up in Summer Bay to see him. An unrequited love where Ash knows but accepts it cause of their strong friendship. The actor is strong enough to pull it off.

As for Ash and the Braxtons, I'd say they go 1. Darryl 2. Ash 3. Casey 4. Kyle 5. Heath. Aren't Josh and Andy sort-of Braxtons by default?

5 hours ago, Edward Skylover said:

I still think a gay friend of Ash's from prison (who is in love with him) should rock up in Summer Bay to see him. An unrequited love where Ash knows but accepts it cause of their strong friendship. The actor is strong enough to pull it off.

As for Ash and the Braxtons, I'd say they go 1. Darryl 2. Ash 3. Casey 4. Kyle 5. Heath. Aren't Josh and Andy sort-of Braxtons by default?

Technically they're Barrett's but yeah half in a way. I would put Josh and Andy at the bottom of the list with Josh on top of Andy

5 hours ago, Edward Skylover said:

I still think a gay friend of Ash's from prison (who is in love with him) should rock up in Summer Bay to see him. An unrequited love where Ash knows but accepts it cause of their strong friendship.

I actually really like that idea, although I'm sure I've seen a fanfic in here somewhere where Brax and Ash had had a little love affair in prison, and Ash was still pining for a bit of Brash action :P

16 minutes ago, CaptainTed84 said:

with Josh on top of Andy

Don't think they'd be into that! (Sorry, I'm just being really childish now :blush: haha!)

Archived