Most Popular Character 2016

Dan F

Loved the comment about Dr Peta [or, more to the point, the back handed compliment about Nate]. So true about Leah;s bestest friend Rachel. 

Indeed, soooo funny about Andrew Morley now playing a preist on Neigbours ...... i'll add here that his suppsoedly human charecter in kids drama LIGHTNING POINT turned out to have parents who are aliens.

Glad Peta Janozzi is on the list ...... looking forward to seeing where her man Edward is, as he's one of my all time fave male H&A charecters.    

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

None of mine have shown up yet but I'm expecting that to change fairly soon.I find it hard because I used to love a lot of characters in times gone by, not so much in the last few years though.

I loved Melody though that felt like an unpopular opinion at the time so I'm actually pleasantly surprised to see her there at all.

Interesting to see the demographic later in the most popular characters. How many from modern h and a. Say post 2000. And how many from The Early Years. Pre 2000.  From Modern H and Away hope Matt makes the list. He's one I can imagine in any era of h and a.

Very lovely to see Jack and Curtis in there! Although I'd have preferred Jack to be a little higher, I accept I'm probably his most enthusiastic supporter, but at least someone else voted for him too :)

Tori is basically… nice. Not that that’s a bad thing but there’s a reason Natalie Davison is where she is.

:lol: Brilliant! In my personal opinion it is far too early for any of the Morgans to appear in a poll for the Greatest Characters of all time for a show which has been on air 30 years...hence why I wouldn't have voted for my favourite Morgan, Mason.

but hey, it’s not like anyone still votes for Martin Bartlett.

Funny you should mention him, I saw him in a 2008 episode I was watching today and immediately thought he deserved to be in this poll, but would have been surprised if anyone had voted for him. I wasn't watching when Paris was in it.

I'm quite grateful that the terrible current incarnation of VJ  (not due to the actor's fault, but the producers' casting stuff up in regards to age) only garnered 5 points. More surprising is the fact that the weak Roman got 5 points and it's a total travesty that Nicole was considered equally as good as Jack and Curtis!

I don't have any objections to Duncan appearing here as I've thoroughly enjoyed watching Alf re-connect with his son this year despite the fact I'm not overly enthusiastic about his current incarnation - however I thought the creation of a son for him was a great move, and his wife who I didn't think a lot of to begin with ended up being a rather captivating character by the time she left. An American wife played by an actress who could believably pull off an American accent - well at least H&A can do something better than EastEnders these days; a soap which casts American characters with actors who have a London accent.

Gorgeous screenshots of both Jack and Curtis by the way :)

Sorry, didn't realise this post would be so long :P

ETA: I really like your description of Jack as a 'junior lovable rogue'. I wish he'd come back, even if it's just for an episode. It'll never happen though.

I'm glad Tori got some votes - she's one of my current faves [alomng with Billie and Raffy]. Ironic that VJ got same votes as last time, as he;s a MUCH better charecter now.

Nice touch with mentioning that Harry is a aprecursor to the Moragns, and coooool to see Edward on the list.

Oh, and since Tori is in lastest update, i'm wondering [hoping?] if Justin in one of the currents with no votes. I get why he is the way he is, but he;s too angry for my liking.   

Archived