1995 Episode Discussion

Dan F

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

.......or he may have ended up like Prime Minister Harold Holt, who also got lost at sea, presumed dead, yet the body was never found. Amazing too, after Dodge jumped the ferry previously, and was presumed dead.

Seriously, I am going to ask if anyone out there knows why the storyline was "ended" this way, with a loose end. Surely, after 21 years, somebody has to know something, surely!!!

2 hours ago, Old H&A Fan said:

.......or he may have ended up like Prime Minister Harold Holt, who also got lost at sea, presumed dead, yet the body was never found. Amazing too, after Dodge jumped the ferry previously, and was presumed dead.

Seriously, I am going to ask if anyone out there knows why the storyline was "ended" this way, with a loose end. Surely, after 21 years, somebody has to know something, surely!!!

Would be a great 30th anniversary story

How amazing would it be if Dan or someone from BTTB could line up an interview with the producers/storyliners from this golden period? Questions like the loose ends involving Dodge and

Spoiler

Quinn

are something I've always wanted to know. Surely it wasn't intended to end that way. What especially never made sense was the dramatic cliffhanger of Stevo saying "I'll never rest until I see them zip up his body bag"... and then promptly never mention Dodge again :lol:

Seen up to 1807, so three episodes behind again.So that's it for Dodge Forbes, for good this time despite the ambiguous ending.(I wish I could remember the details but I seem to remember reading that they did have a Harold Bishop-style return for him planned at the time, which may even have included one Quinn Jackson as his partner in crime.No idea why it didn't happen.Actor availability?Change of personnel behind the scene?)Anyway, it was a bit hard to work out what the heck Dodge was playing at at times.Why go to all that trouble of faking his own death if what he really wanted was to challenge Steven to a fight to the death?Did he realise his cover was going to be blown after the phone call and end up improvising?By the end he seemed almost suicidal: That leap off the cliff felt like an attempt at "I'm taking you with me" when he realised he couldn't win any other way.I remember his really bizarre "Tell don't show" kidnapping of Kelly left my mum convinced he was lying: I did wonder if maybe Kelly wasn't in the episode but no, she was there.Odd too that Lisa just disappears.Oh and confirmation that, despite the nonsense written on Wikipedia, Nathan didn't actually want Dodge to kill Murdoch...("Trust BTTB! Fan sites are more reliable!")

I'm pretty sure we never saw Jack and Sally kiss in the ITV edits, there was one blatant scene where Christopher was meant to be watching them kiss and all we saw was him staring at something.Don't know why that offended ITV censors' sensibilities when Curtis and Shannon (legal siblings!) the previous year didn't.It was pretty painful watching Sally go all girlie while Jack blanked her and this does seem to have come out of nowhere but I guess it's part of the show's attempt to try out every possible combination of pairings...

Alex continues to make a solid debut: I think the character becomes a bit too serious later on but here he's very fun.Shannon simultaneously infuriated and intrigued by him: Her expression when she thought he really had walked away for good was priceless.I remember him asking her out with the cartoon, didn't realise it came so soon.Nice to get some solid scenes between Damian and Shane: Who'd have thought when they first met that Shane would end up as a family man?

Sadly, I think this is the last time we see them together.

It felt like we were meant to be nodding in agreement when Damian talked about how great Marilyn is but frankly I felt Selina's initial reaction was closer to the point: Carrying a pig around the house like a baby without caring what her housemates thought and then disrupting two households by keeping her blanket for no real reason felt rather thoughtless.Still, are we now seeing the beginning of Don and Marilyn?Ailsa seems to think so, and Don does seem to have lost his harsher aspects again...

The combinations seem to get worse as they go along. I was re-watching some of Jack/Selina's relationship the other day and it seems like years ago. You can even sense the awkwardness from the actors in the Jack/Sally relationship.

I remember someone saying Sally doesn't get a look in much during the 90s but from what I can tell she has got a fair portion of storylines so far.

2 hours ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Still, are we now seeing the beginning of Don and Marilyn?

Yep we sure are. Finally, I've been waiting for this storyline.

And Sal and Jack are just ew. They are foster brother and sister. They might not be blood relatives but still feels wrong to me.

3 minutes ago, Natasha said:

Yep we sure are. Finally, I've been waiting for this storyline.

I have fairly vivid memories of Don and Marilyn from my childhood. Maz has kind of been floating around without a purpose until now. I did find the whole pig storyline hilarious though. :D

Archived