1995 Episode Discussion

Dan F

2 hours ago, home and away 1988-2000 said:

I know what its from, just want to see if anyone else can get it.

That'll be Keith - though a long way off yet.

And so we're now onto the final version of the 1995 opening titles, and we have them for the next 125 episodes before the big revamp in mid-1996.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, Dan F said:

And so we're now onto the final version of the 1995 opening titles, and we have them for the next 125 episodes before the big revamp in mid-1996.

Won't Shane get taken off after about 85 episodes?

Well, seen up to 1794.I didn't realise Mandy was going to leave that quickly, guessing we don't see her again until 1996.Selina veers between trying to be a supportive friend to Shannon and trying to convince her that their relationship isn't what she thinks it was.Actually Selina seems all over the place at the moment, one minute being rather close-minded about Shannon's sexual confusion, the next seeming completely spaced out (with the result that she and Curtis seem to end with a whimper rather than a bang), the next seeming more or less her old self.

Feels like Don's villainous side is coming out again.I'm very undecided how I feel about his refusing the cheque.It was pretty daft to present it to him like that and he may have a point that he doesn't really need it, although he seemed very short of suggestions as to what to do with it instead.It doesn't help that his attempt to deny Pippa's suggestion that he just didn't want to thank Jack was remarkably insincere, an attitude he seems to be taking quite a bit.His attempt to get rid of the underachieving students doesn't seem entirely altruistic even if we don't have the full story yet.Interesting that Michael was willing to challenge him on Jack's behalf: Seems he's learned his lesson from Lois Crawford.Still, at least Don's not willing to join the lynch mob over Steven.

Damian once more demonstrates that he seems to be turning into more and more of a dweeb, even when he's being bitter (although Marilyn's rather shallow attitude would probably have made me want to take her down a few pegs as well).And then he takes time out to play Poirot.We get a brief glimpse of an attitude that's all too rare on this show: To the residents of Summer Bay, Murdoch was a nasty piece of work and they're not particularly bothered that he's dead, so it's a bit of a slap in the face for him to realise that he had loved ones who mourn him.It's something which could possibly have been addressed on other occasions, but here it gets shunted aside a bit as Damian realised that he's part of the chain of events...although I'm hoping we get a fuller explanation for what exactly Nathan said to Dodge.Irene's expression as Damian joined the dots for her was interesting:Maybe she's starting to realise she's been on the wrong side.

1 hour ago, Red Ranger 1 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Won't Shane get taken off after about 85 episodes?

Spoiler

And there's also the singular shot of Pippa for two weeks before the revamp, isn't there?

Doh, yup! Don't know how I managed to forget the two updates to the 95 credits in 96 when they're two of my favourite shots - though it was rather late :P A drawback to not having got around to replacing that page on the site yet...

Selina Cook is so far up herself, ........ god .......... I am amazed her nose doesn't bleed! The way she treated Damian, the way she went off at him because at the end of the previous episode he said "Selina, I think I'm......"

(assuming the rest of Damian's sentence that was cut-off mid-sentence was ".....in love with you") I can understand her not wanting to get hurt again after the last time she went out with him, the mess that created but oh, no....... she is still obsessed with people "fighting". The way she carried on in the Diner when Curtis and Damian argued over her. "Will you please stop talking about me as if I'm not here"....... oh come on....... really.....

Seriously...... am I the only one in this whole forum who is getting really annoyed at Selina's wrapped-up-in-herself, high-horse attitude??

and to see footage of

Spoiler

Steven and Dodge's clifftop fight

before it actually happens? umm........am I missing something here??

On 30/01/2017 at 4:57 AM, beau_t said:

And the opening theme is still alternating between the normal version and echo/alternate sax version.

Speaking of credits/theme has anyone seen this

There are some brilliantly picked shots there, I like how Travis' eye movements and Sally's head movements fit with the four/three note break between the lyrics.

The Mandy/Shannon storyline was awesome. It wasn't at all sensational, it was just a genuine, touching story. Beautifully acted by both Isla Fisher and the actress who plays Mandy. It must have been a very difficult story to act out in 1995 and I'm really impressed by it.

I even liked Selina's involvement in it; not quite understanding Shannon's feelings, being slightly uncomfortable with them but supporting her all the same.

I felt like Mandy left because Shannon was young and impressionable, and she wanted her to find out who she was on her own rather than influencing her into a life which may not be for her.

ETA: I'm also beginning to recognise the underscores they're currently using from my childhood. Bizarre feeling, nostalgic in a dramatic way.

I'm tiring of the dreaded Damo at this point. :P

Archived