1995 Episode Discussion

Dan F

3 hours ago, Natasha said:

Steven! He shouldn't resign or Irene and her supporters will win. 

Im really not liking her ATM. She's been portrayed as the bad guy when she's a good character. :/ 

IMO she's not really a good character she's just strongly opinionated and won't listen to other points of view. Out of nothing but pure luck those opinions are usually right but in the case of Stevo (and some other cases in future) she's wrong.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought the Mandy/Shannon story was really subtle and poignant. Really liked that it wasn't black and white and there were a few interpretations, leaving up to the audience to make up their own mind about what their relationship meant to either character. A very sweet story and bittersweet ending. Love her final episode.

I agree that Irene isn't always a 'good' character, as in I love the character and watching her but she can be annoyingly opinionated sometimes. Fisher also can be irritatingly stubborn at times too and he's my favourite character. I think this year, particularly since Angel and Shane got married and left his place, he's lost a lot of his warmth which is sad to see. He needs to feel loved again I think.

The break from Shane and Angel's drama was good, but I'm missing them now.

Always enjoy watching Jack, another unsettled character going through a tough period. I can't remember the last time he was genuinely happy, a lot of his confidence has been stripped away particularly after the bush fire. So different to this time last year when he was a cheeky, fun teenager. He's had a lot of growing up to do in a very short period. All of the teens have, in fact almost all of the characters have really, they all started out so innocent at the start of the year and have since been through some of the most traumatic events imaginable!

5 hours ago, Jeremai said:

She also played Vicki Baxter in 1989-90, although I didn't realise who it was until I saw the name in the credits. Shame they didn't bring her back as Vicki.

Vicki would have been in the same year as Dodge at school so it would have been an extra nod of continuity!

5 hours ago, Jeremai said:

She also played Vicki Baxter in 1989-90, although I didn't realise who it was until I saw the name in the credits. Shame they didn't bring her back as Vicki.

Just now, beau_t said:

Vicki would have been in the same year as Dodge at school so it would have been an extra nod of continuity!

I've said the same thing myself a few times, it was a perfect opportunity.

After all, Steven did help Paul expose Vicki, which resulted in her expulsion from Summer Bay High, so it's perfectly believable that she'd have been happy to help Dodge get back at him. Just a quick name change in the script and a replaced line or two once they realised who'd be playing Lisa... given you'd think her previous stint might have come up in conversation in rehearsals.

16 hours ago, Old H&A Fan said:

Has anyone else noticed "Rebecca" being portrayed as "Gail" when "dating" Travis for the first time, with Kelly making a big song and dance about it?

I did.

Belinda Emmett RIP although she has been gone several years now.

16 hours ago, Old H&A Fan said:

Has anyone else noticed "Rebecca" being portrayed as "Gail" when "dating" Travis for the first time, with Kelly making a big song and dance about it?

And she'll later play Fisher's daughter.

Archived