1995 Episode Discussion

Dan F

On 03/02/2017 at 4:22 PM, Dan F said:

After all, Steven did help Paul expose Vicki

Though something I didn't notice until now - how bizarre that this week of all weeks, Sam would mention a schoolfriend of his called Paul Jensen (in 1800 when he goes to use the phone/fax) :huh:

Obviously not the same one, but still you have to wonder where they got the name from and whether there was something subliminal going on... :P

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alex Bennett! :P

Sam is still a brat even at 12 years old. He acts more like 8.

I don't remember the Damian becoming a priest storyline, it's interesting to watch.

When does the Ross/Stewart feud end? It's getting a bit old now. Alf really should practice what he preaches. Pardon the pun there.

I think the Ross v Stewart feud is probably my least favourte storyline of the year. If anything I'm finding it out of character - they're all acting so childish and that's not really how I've come to understand who the characters are, Alf yes but not the other three. At least Ailsa has been showing some sense recently, but I just find the whole thing uncomfortable to watch and it's affected the stability of the show slightly too I think. It's just gone a step too far at times, making it out that either party would be happy if the other would leave the Bay - so over the top considering they've been such loyal friends to each other over the years.

1 hour ago, alexx said:

I think the Ross v Stewart feud is probably my least favourte storyline of the year. If anything I'm finding it out of character - they're all acting so childish and that's not really how I've come to understand who the characters are, Alf yes but not the other three. At least Ailsa has been showing some sense recently, but I just find the whole thing uncomfortable to watch and it's affected the stability of the show slightly too I think. It's just gone a step too far at times, making it out that either party would be happy if the other would leave the Bay - so over the top considering they've been such loyal friends to each other over the years.

Even odder when you consider in the years since that Alf has been the one rallying the town against these kind of developments. Even about 3 or 4 years down the track, Alf was trying to put a stop to Bonza Burger because of the damage to the Diner's business.

7 hours ago, c120701 said:

Even odder when you consider in the years since that Alf has been the one rallying the town against these kind of developments. Even about 3 or 4 years down the track, Alf was trying to put a stop to Bonza Burger because of the damage to the Diner's business.

Well, that last phrase is kind of instructive: This time round he's the one standing to make money from it, so of course he's in favour.He was also one of the biggest supporters of the Sands Resort in the first year. His sudden shift to wanting to preserve the town was very much a later development

after Ailsa died.

I must be in the minority in liking the Stewart/Ross feud. I agree some of the dialogue hasn't been very good or realistic during their arguments, but overall it's provided a different "feel" to the show for a while. They have been friends since the pilot episode so this is something different and I'm enjoying the change. I also like how the focus has been on how the feud is effecting other characters - from Duncan and Chris going missing, to them fighting, to Irene being affected by it all.

6 hours ago, beau_t said:

I must be in the minority in liking the Stewart/Ross feud. I agree some of the dialogue hasn't been very good or realistic during their arguments

I think that's one of the reasons I don't like it really plus their response. I'd probably like it if it was written in a more realistic way, but it escalated way too quickly for me.

I would have preferred if Ailsa and Pippa had their own argument about it - something like them disagreeing over what the business means to either family and why it would be important for either family, starting off by trying to see if they could both benefit in a rational way but then ending up not coming to an agreement because it gets a bit heated and personal i.e one of them says something to hurt the other, so that it becomes more a story about feeling misunderstood and 'back stabbed' between the two of them. And then Michael and Alf could have continued as it is where the argument is more about the money side of things. I feel like Michael and Alf's reactions have been more in character in this story.

Good to have Angel and Shane back, I've missed them. It's a shame Angel is feeling rejected, but not surprising.

Looking forward to Alex becoming a regular.

I've been really enjoying the Damo priest storyline and how Selina has been supportive. Their friendship is really sweet. Selina seems to be stepping into a parental role where Irene (again) is learning more about herself from Selina rather than Selina learning from Irene.

So Summer Bay dosent/didnt have a fish & chip shop. Michael took Sam to get the kids fish & Chips in Yabbie Creek. Yes Summer Bay is a small town. I grew up in a small town ( smaller than Summer Bay) & it had a Fish & chip shop & probably still does (I haven't been there in about 10 years)

Summer Bay had a drop in centre in 95

Spoiler

Must of disapped some time between then & 2000. I remember Mitch wanting to open one in 2000 became there wasn't one.

Archived