1995 Episode Discussion

Dan F

What I never understood with the whole Alf/Quinn thing was the seeming lack of shock for him to learn he actually had a daughter.

If he hadn't specifically stated to Ailsa that he had no idea Mary was pregnant in today's ep, it'd be easy to think that Alf always knew that he had a child out there somewhere, but had just never met her.

The way the scene in the store with Curtis was written, it's almost like Alf recognised the name 'Quinn', rather than the surname 'Jackson' - which I presume is what was supposed to have made things click.

Perhaps just me, but I always found it a little bit odd.

5 weeks today until the 1996 season begins....

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Dan F said:

Hide contents

They found Michael's body though...

I imagine it is just the case that they left it open just on the off chance they did decide to bring him back again, which they evidently decided not to.

As has been mentioned, not everything in life gets wrapped up, there's always those little mysteries.......

You mean Dodge fell into the category of, how Dan Bennett put in his interview with you, "lost in the Land Of Characters Soaps Forgot forever"

8 hours ago, Dan F said:

What I never understood with the whole Alf/Quinn thing was the seeming lack of shock for him to learn he actually had a daughter.

If he hadn't specifically stated to Ailsa that he had no idea Mary was pregnant in today's ep, it'd be easy to think that Alf always knew that he had a child out there somewhere, but had just never met her.

The way the scene in the store with Curtis was written, it's almost like Alf recognised the name 'Quinn', rather than the surname 'Jackson' - which I presume is what was supposed to have made things click.

Perhaps just me, but I always found it a little bit odd.

5 weeks today until the 1996 season begins....

This Quinn story goes to show that even the "golden age" was in no means perfect. Probably the worst story in 1995 imo

11 hours ago, Blaxland 89 said:

This Quinn story goes to show that even the "golden age" was in no means perfect. Probably the worst story in 1995 imo

i dont really understand why it happened? She didnt have a long nor significant stint, and as such has earnt her place in the  "lost in the Land Of Characters Soaps Forgot forever"  along with her Aunt Debra.

1 hour ago, joany208121 said:

i dont really understand why it happened? She didnt have a long nor significant stint, and as such has earnt her place in the  "lost in the Land Of Characters Soaps Forgot forever"  along with her Aunt Debra.

I think the point was they intended to do more with her character but for whatever reason never went back to it (like Dodge).

Geez back then storylines were wrapped up and never mentioned. A week ago Steven and Dodge were fighting on a cliff and Dodge is dead and this week it's like it never happened. It's like the writers just move on so quickly. I mean Sally never even mentioned Dodge disappearing at all. When he first appeared on the show he teased her and she played a big part in the storyline of not trusting him. 

I don't really remember Quinn who by the way is played by Danielle Spencer. Is she really Alf's daughter? Or is she some some dodgy person who wants some part of this development? Because I'm pretty sure I never hear her name mentioned again. 

8 hours ago, dees189227 said:

I don't really remember Quinn who by the way is played by Danielle Spencer. Is she really Alf's daughter? Or is she some some dodgy person who wants some part of this development? Because I'm pretty sure I never hear her name mentioned again. 

Off the top of my head, Quinn is mentioned in 1997, 2004 and 2005.

Archived