1993 Episode Discussion

Dan F

I do wish Alf would stop asking where Pippa (or whoever happens to be around at Summer Bay House) wants his box of groceries to be delivered. It's always on the table, Alf

Alf was in his element when he ran the store. The writers should never have taken that away from him.

Having said that, I still think Ailsa was better running the store than in the Diner. #cantmoveonfrom1988

It also made me realise just how slow the bay was to get a gym in there. I mean you have weights int he middle of the surf club while customers are trying to get to the kiosk. They only got the gym in there a few years ago when Indi and Romeo bought it.

Its funny to look back and see how things have changed. I mean the police station, hospital I agree I liked Alf's little store he had.

Anyway im still not sure about Nathan and his intentions. But I guess we will soon see.

It also made me realise just how slow the bay was to get a gym in there. I mean you have weights int he middle of the surf club while customers are trying to get to the kiosk. They only got the gym in there a few years ago when Indi and Romeo bought it.

Its funny to look back and see how things have changed. I mean the police station, hospital I agree I liked Alf's little store he had.

Anyway im still not sure about Nathan and his intentions. But I guess we will soon see.

They had a fully seperate gym room from about 1996, but then a private gym from 2002/2003, whenever Summer Bay Superbods was set up by Jesse & Hayley.

Several questions raised by the dodgy props and story of Shane's work experience at the police station.

Firstly, why would Angel's teenage pregnancy be noted on her criminal record on the police database?

Also, here are some screengrabs showing what looks like a rush job (full of misspellings and typos) of a fake imitation of the NSW Police Service computer system.

Nick's password is echoed on the screen. Back in those days (GUI was still young, and they probably still used CLI) passwords were not shown on screen. There were no bullets or asterisks — the cursor stayed still.

CDT7X3OUEAATjgQ.png

Alf's middle name "John" (isn't it Douglas?) and the date he was caught drink-driving. Wasn't that 1990, when Grant's little police lady girlfriend caught him?

CDT7sscVAAA8bht.png

Why was this shot cropped off? Why did they not show the note on Angel's file about having had a child? Why is her full name still "Angel" not "Angela"?

CDT77dyUEAEgGJd.png

The full screen is shown, but it is too small to read

CDT8NlgUIAAgM4y.png

After slating David Dixon I have now learned I am very distantly linked to him: apparently my father-in-law's ex-partner is his mother-in-law…. tenuous I know.

Small world eh?

Anyhow, caught up to 1375.

Skipped parts of this week as I saw some of the clips on YT.

Having Shane work in the cop shop wasn't the brightest idea but it did provided some comedy with the hose situation! :D

The whole Hale thing is kind of creepy given what happens with him and Shane down the track.

Fact: Hale at this point is the longest recurring guest (not counting Christopher and Duncan).

We already knew about the suspected Arson and this is a good setup for the next season.

I'm glad Don finally let go and extended his hand to Adam.

Alf and Don's costumes were probably the most befitting of them as was Tug's. Foxiest of the night go to Angel and Sarah, Big fat thumbs down for Luke (looked like a plonker), wasn't too keen on Roxy and James'. Nick's was probably the funniest. It's hard to keep a straight face with him telling off Shane dressed like that. LOL at Alf's wardrobe malfunction.

Michael's cracks about the jacket were totally uncalled for! This coming from a man who dressed as a damn hippy for the costume party! The only thing wrong with it, is it didn't go with that bright purplish shirt of Damo's.

Things are about to get hot and steamy up in the charger... or will they?

Glad they improved the YCPS set as time went on, it just looks so behind the times. I know Summer Bay is a small town but come on. Well, it's even smaller these days as Yabbie Creek seems to be within walking distance, as back then people would have to drive/catch the bus.

Luke was right to be suss about James moving in, I mean, He could have butchered him, Tug and Roxy in their sleep for all they knew! :D:D:D but this isn't the post-2004 show. Their bathroom morning meeting was a deliberate beefcake moment for the female contingent.

If Roy is supposedly on the wagon, lodging above a pub isn't the brightest idea, luckily he moved.

Archived