1993 Episode Discussion

Dan F

Also very pleased that the storyline with Morag is over. Morag was great but I was getting so bored of Ailsa's part because I felt like it was just too repetitive.

I agree. I enjoyed the storyline simply because I love Morag but it could have been so much better and it was way too repetitive. We didn't see enough of the "real" feisty Morag until the very last episode. We should have seen more of that over the weeks, and less of Ailsa saying "she's been after Sam since day one" every 2 minutes.

After catching up on two weeks' worth of episodes, I'm now up to 1365.So, Sam begins a very long stint as part of the caravan park crowd.

Not only does he outlast Fin and Damian but also Michael and Pippa...and he's even still living there when Sally moves out!

Given Alf's disdain towards Nathan, he seemed surprisingly blasé about him and Sarah publicly hanging out in the Diner.Nathan seems to be generating some sort of field that makes everyone around him stupid.Not only are Sarah and Irene incredibly blind to his faults (Sarah believing him over Tug was incredible), but even those who think he's a toerag behave like idiots.Luke says that Nathan's not as clever as he thinks he is but the same is true of Luke himself: He puts in as poor a performance as Tug, who has the excuse of being not very bright and having anger management issues, repeatedly doing things that make Nathan look good and him look bad.Did getting away with manhandling a student in uniform a few months back convince him that no-one would mind him grabbing hold of Nathan while at work?

I saw the end of 1359 on Youtube about seven years ago.It had disappeared when I looked for it a few years later, never thought I'd get to see the whole episode...It slipped my mind Roxy was at her aunt's funeral.

Okay, I was half right: It wasn't one of the muggers that broke in, but there was a connection.I can see both sides of the Spud debate.On the one hand, he committed a crime and seems very likely to go and break into another house.On the other hand, it's understandable for Angel to empathise with him given that she was in the same boat a very short time ago and he didn't really seem to be in the threat to humanity category.Despite the next episode trying to make out Angel would have been in trouble if Shane hadn't come home, the fact he spent all his time cowering under tables when she came near him makes me think it's very unlikely he would have attacked her; maybe if she'd seen him but even then I think his first impulse would have been to just push her out of the way and leg it.He was a pretty incompetent burglar anyway, spending ages sneaking around a house full of people instead of just grabbing his stash and getting out of there.(I thought at first he might have had a list he had to fill but nope, just greedy and dumb.)

I can't quite decide if the new Roy is significantly younger than the previous one or not:The dark hair makes him look younger but facially they seem about the same age.

Luke willing to lose his job because of his pride was stupid so luckily Roxy and Fisher gave him some advice he needed to hear.

The fact that Fisher and Alisha both believed that Angle and not Sarah was the one lying just proves that reputation sticks if there is enough of it that is.

Tug lashing out at his dad because he blames him for his mom leaving, whether hes right or not?, Alf gave Tug a good enough reason to give his father a chance by explained how hard single parenthood is.

Difference was Luke grabbing the student was off school property (NOT excusing it but kind of Understanding WHY he did it, scene itself was cut out of UK broadcasts)

I'm sti;; going with the plastic surgeon Theory! :) but Russell Kiefel is obviously clearly younger than Mervyn Drake.

And yes, I see the cone of stupidity cooked up by Nathan which has claimed several victims.

Damo is next to fall into it

Roxy! Will you stop saying that your aunt wasted her whole life just because she didn't get married or have children. By the sounds of it she lived a very full and interesting life. I thought Roxy was meant to be a modern independent woman. Also, will you stop telling every one how much Luke said he loves you but your not interested. Ailsa maybe as she's kind of like a mother figure for her but Pippa too! They're Lukes feelings. Have some respect. I think the second guy who played Nathan was a much better actor. I know the popular opinion is that this is the start of the golden age but second time around I personnally prefer 88,89 and even 97,98,99.

I still enjoy it, but a lot feels contrived since 1992 and while there's been some great stuff it's still feels contrived. I'm finding this all boys think this way and all girls think that way a bit tiresome now. And the males of the show making mistakes and the females always correcting them and in the right. The men are all "ingorant meathead" attitudes is boring. Even Damien has fallen to that way off thinking many times. Yet Fin Sarah and Angel, Roxy etc are always right. For example- Roxy was going to aerobics purely to find a man. Then when a guy started chatting her up he was a pervert because she didn't fancy him. I found Carly, Roo, Bobby, Viv, Emma and Steven, and Joey, Justine, Tiegan and Aaron far more interesting and rounded characters.

Roxy! Will you stop saying that your aunt wasted her whole life just because she didn't get married or have children. By the sounds of it she lived a very full and interesting life. I thought Roxy was meant to be a modern independent woman. Also, will you stop telling every one how much Luke said he loves you but your not interested. Ailsa maybe as she's kind of like a mother figure for her but Pippa too! They're Lukes feelings. Have some respect. I think the second guy who played Nathan was a much better actor. I know the popular opinion is that this is the start of the golden age but second time around I personnally prefer 88,89 and even 97,98,99.

I still enjoy it, but a lot feels contrived since 1992 and while there's been some great stuff it's still feels contrived. I'm finding this all boys think this way and all girls think that way a bit tiresome now. And the males of the show making mistakes and the females always correcting them and in the right. The men are all "ingorant meathead" attitudes is boring. Even Damien has fallen to that way off thinking many times. Yet Fin Sarah and Angel, Roxy etc are always right. For example- Roxy was going to aerobics purely to find a man. Then when a guy started chatting her up he was a pervert because she didn't fancy him. I found Carly, Roo, Bobby, Viv, Emma and Steven, and Joey, Justine, Tiegan and Aaron far more interesting and rounded characters.

One of the many reasons why I can't stand Roxy. Thanks for saying what's on my mind about her :P

Saw up to 1370.

Nathan's an idiot, what's new but Damo is falling further under his spell. Them two caning it on Yabbie Creek Road was kind of funny (Observation: I've noticed that Road area is shaped like a "Y")

Roy seems genuine but we know how THAT turns out.

The Mentalist is in Summer Bay. Probably cast for eye-candy and the fact E street had been cancelled not long before and Simon Baker was a top-drawer player on that show. Always thought his last name was Healy, not Hudson but now I know different.

Irene moving into that shack with Adam and Nathan was inevitable. A House with Three Parents can't really work.

Doom Piano got a workout over at Don's in Nick v Shane and Don v Angel. What is it with his house and the sinister music?! :D

I remember Sam burning the mask.

Archived