1991 Episode Discussion

Guest Ryan

love Bobby and Sam's relationship. what a shame Nicolle wanted to leave. Would of like to have seen it develop as he got older.

All the pupils in this era seem to really like and respect Fisher. But I am sure in later season they go back to thinking he is a bit of a monster. I'm thinking Shannon Jack, Curtis, Casey

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The ongoing theme of "When the going gets tough, Fin wants to give up and run away" is starting to get very tired.

Hopefully Irene's visit will put an end to this.

The way in which the truth came out strained credibility a bit:Both Lois Crawford and Martin From The Department spoke to Fin's old headmaster about her and he apparently never mentioned to them that she was a missing person.(Ironically, it implies that if Lois had dug a bit deeper, she could probably have found a far better reason for keeping Fin out of the school...)

Given that in a couple of decades, Marilyn will be regularly dishing out tofu to the household, it's a bit weird to see Ailsa rescuing her from having to try out Alf's health food.Michael and Alf talking about Blake while he stands in the background going "Oi, I am here you know" was slightly amusing.Sally seems to be on the verge of hitting the terrible teens.Despite Simon being a bit too jack-the-lad at times(and this is far from being the last time that he and Blake will get mixed up with Adam and regret it), he and Sophie are actually fairly sweet together, be interested to see how this one develops.

I've got a feeling that once Sophie finds out she's pregnant and drops out of school, she ends up a bit isolated from the rest of the teen group, spending most of her time with the caravan park crowd.Might be misremembering there though.

was going to get annoyed at Marilyn just being used as a plot device to spread news around to short cut a story. Very similar to the way Colleen was used in the later half of the noughties. But they redeemed there selves by making Marilyn involved what her trying to get there before Greg and all. So it felt less contrived.

I think Sophie's being a bit hard on Simon. Everyone makes mistakes and she's giving him hell for it-just and also because he's not David. Its obvious she's not over David yet and will take her awhile...

And hello Irene Roberts! Irene was a real piece of work back then, and played by a different actress. So I will call her Fake Irene.

Archived