1991 Episode Discussion

Guest Ryan

I've seen screen grabs of a rare set of late 1991 credits with captions of those six(plus Sam, with Lucinda sharing Nick's caption)so I assume that's imminent.I was kind of expecting it to come this week but maybe they didn't want to give away who was permanent.

They are really running out of time now. It almost seems like a waste of time and it might have been cheaper just to do one shot of Sophie and Blake together and leave the rest until 92.

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the current credits but they need to change Sally's one considering she's growing up right before our eyes. And if Greg and Sam are there, you know that

Bobby does''t have long to go. My stomach is churning at the very thought of it.

Nick was acting like such a child over the whole roster thing instead of a grown man! He should have just suck it up and dealt with it instead of complaining about it.

Seen up to 870.I think they wrote Lois out at the right time, maybe even left it a bit too long.Even if her motivation was a bit ambiguous at times, you could mostly believe that she was doing what she thought was right for the school(or at least what would make her look like a good principal).But her interaction with Fin near the end was bordering on psychotic and the character was in real danger of losing her subtlety and just becoming a scenery chewing villain.As with a lot of early years villains(and maybe a few later years ones), there's a feeling that the audience are meant to think only Summer Bay matters and it's okay to send someone off to do the same thing somewhere else.Although Lois' last scene does kind of suggest that she's been broken a bit by the experience and has no idea how to start again.

Michael can kind of be forgiven for forgetting Pippa's birthday given that I'm not sure if he even knew her a year previous.(Scary thought.)Perhaps more surprising that everyone else forgot.There continues to be a slight disparity between the way Fin's portrayed and the way she's written:She seems too soft-hearted to have lied about Lois hitting her, especially when you've got Sophie, who's hardly Snow White, telling her it's naughty.

And don't worry about Greg and Sam being on the titles just yet.Bobby will be getting new captions in the 1992 and 1993 credits.

That birthday thing is a bit of a mountain out of a molehill. The world stops because someone forgot Pippa's birthday? Aren't there more important things to worry about, especially at her age?

As for Nick & the roster, why do they need to have a rostering system in the first place? Is housing that tight in Summer Bay that Nick & Loo can't find their own place without having to hand over their life savings to some dodgy leeching conartist?

I like the new opening a lot. Though it has spoiled the Greg/Sam story.

I like them too. Really nice shots, especially the Greg/Sam one. Little Ryan Clark is just so cute! Finlay with yet another hat, Blake and Simon in a boy's version of the Carly/Lynn shot from 1988 (which will later be repeated again with Damien and Jack!). The Nick/Lucinda shot is nicely framed too. The shots are well placed, the only one that feels out of place is Sally's. Speaking of which (have been meaning to mention this for ages):

I think the Sally shot is an outtake. It looks like Kate Ritchie was supposed to grab a stick from behind her and throw it, and Dagdog chase after it, but probably due to rehearsals, the dog beats Kate to the stick before she gets the chance to throw it, and she gives up and cracks up laughing. She seems to look at the camera as if to say "he's done it again!"

Has anyone seen this (now out of date) mock version of the 1991 opening credits?

Archived