1991 Episode Discussion

Guest Ryan

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope Adam leaves soon as his character isgetting very boring.

Does Pippa ever get a storyline as she has been rather boring and not very likeable lately?.

Marilyn never seems to get a storyline and yet she's getting storylines in 2013 episodes right now.

But I have to say I perfer 2013 episodes as I find I like most of the characters.

Does Pippa ever get a storyline as she has been rather boring and not very likeable lately?.

Marilyn never seems to get a storyline and yet she's getting storylines in 2013 episodes right now.

I'm confused why you think this as Marilyn is one of those characters who seems to get endless storylines. Pippa is never offscreen either, although most of her storylines tend to be centered around helping the kids. Pippa rarely gets a big storyline of her own, but when she does it's great. The storyline surrounding David's death was every bit Pippa and Michael's story as it was Sophie's as it focussed on the mistakes they had made as foster parents and their desperate attempts to try and mend things, then only a couple of weeks ago Pippa had the storyline of fighting Lois Crawford despite Michael's wishes.

With Marilyn only a couple of weeks ago she had the storyline of falling back in love with Adam, and him trying to find a way to put her off him. Then she had the story of inviting Lucinda to stay and thinking Bobby was ok with it but Bobby wasn't really listening and they had a big mix up over it, then most recently Marilyn's troubles with Nick and Lucinda staying the Beach House (first the roster arguement and then the "too many fights" arguement).

Maybe you don't see these as storylines because they are much more "everyday" situations rather than today's show which doesn't really focus on everyday life at all but instead a chracter getting a storyline means something big and dramatic is happening to them.

Speaking of Marilyn I was surprised when she was talking to Finlay, and Finlay was concerned about going back to school and not wanting to repeat a year, Marilyn told Finlay about how Sophie used to be unable to read. She didn't mention at all the fact that she went back to school herself, even though she was much older than the other students, and she survived!

Maybe you don't see these as storylines because they are much more "everyday" situations rather than today's show which doesn't really focus on everyday life at all but instead a chracter getting a storyline means something big and dramatic is happening to them.

I miss the "Everyday" situations when they were balanced out with the dramas.

Love the scenes with Finn talking about her Mum. It makes me wish even more that there bring her back in the current episodes to re connect with Irene .It really would be the sensible thing to do with Irene right now.

Did Blake really say to Pippa he thought he was going to get a bollocking!

Also I could be wrong but are we starting to hear a Bobby/Greg theme?

Archived