1991 Episode Discussion

Guest Ryan

Slightly confused what the situation is supposed to be with Lois:Is she meant to have been appointed permanently, given that she's hiring new staff and reducing the role of the existing ones?(She indicated a few episodes back that she couldn't do that until she was.)And why did Martin think Don wouldn't have a chance if they both applied?Is Lois actually meant to be good or just better qualified?

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Slightly confused what the situation is supposed to be with Lois:Is she meant to have been appointed permanently, given that she's hiring new staff and reducing the role of the existing ones?(She indicated a few episodes back that she couldn't do that until she was.)And why did Martin think Don wouldn't have a chance if they both applied?Is Lois actually meant to be good or just better qualified?

I agree. Her role hasn't been made clear.

Apparantly you need to be qualified to manage a school of a certain size, which Lois is and Fisher isn't (because a nearby school recently closed and has just merged with Summer Bay High). She also has more experience than Donald sadly so I think both these factors combined is why Donald doesn't stand much chance against Lois.

Lois is obviously between jobs, which is why she was availible for this post in the first place. I think she has had ambitions to be placed there permenantly from word go, which is why she set out to belittle and discredit Donald from the moment she arrived. I don't think it's personal I think she would have done exactly the same to whoever was in Donald's position because she is clearly out for that job and has arrived with an agenda.

To reply to an earlier post, yes I think she fancies Grant.

So following Hayden's departure we have a new order in the titles of

Pippa and Michael (who we have to wait to see until the you're my guiding star lyric now)

Sally

Bobby and Fisher

Nick

Alf and Alisa

Maz

Adam and Matt

(the titles feel very short now)

Finley has made a good start she seems to be a interesting character (though I don't know much about her).

I'm gutted that Greg has arrived but it had to come.

I believe that 860 was the first episode that had Sam but no Bobby in it. If i'm wrong please correct me!

I Didn't ever think I was going to say this but I'm going to miss Hayden. He was a good friend to Blake.

Just away now Crawford and join Ryan. Or Even David. That would please me more.

Archived