1991 Episode Discussion

Guest Ryan

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sophie's behaviour is WAY WAAAYY over the top. It's hideous I mean they only .... errr ..... "went out" for a couple of weeks, and she's carrying on worse than when Pippa lost Tom and Michael. The bitch even blames Pippa and Michael for having him killed, all because they kept her away from him. I tellya something, Sophie really needs to see a shrink!

I missed yesterday's episode, my stupid PVR didn't record it so I was surprised to see Grant back. What else did I miss??

Still bored of the whole love triangle between Lu/Nick and Ryan. And is Lu a bit a hypocrite? She didn't want to settle down but she is marrying Ryan! Pfft.

Poor Sophie when she learned her best friend killed David. And Sally was great too. Pippa and Michael underestimate Sally way too often.

In Episode 850 (the one you missed?), Grant appeared in the Diner and Alsa gave him a whole lot of gossip to catch up on. Sophie turned up at the Diner thinking she'll meet David here for their appointment she has been obsessing over so morbidly these past 2 weeks. Sophie kept going on and on and on and on to Grant, pathologically rambling on about how "cute" she reckons David is and what a wonderful time she thought she had with him before Pippa and Michael sent her away, while Pippa and Michael fussed and bothered all scared someone was going to steal their thunder, they desperately made sure they were the ones to break the news to Sophie that the bastard's dead.

In Episode 850 (the one you missed?), Grant appeared in the Diner and Alsa gave him a whole lot of gossip to catch up on. Sophie turned up at the Diner thinking she'll meet David here for their appointment she has been obsessing over so morbidly these past 2 weeks. Sophie kept going on and on and on and on to Grant, pathologically rambling on about how "cute" she reckons David is and what a wonderful time she thought she had with him before Pippa and Michael sent her away, while Pippa and Michael fussed and bothered all scared someone was going to steal their thunder, they desperately made sure they were the ones to break the news to Sophie that the bastard's dead.

Yes, I did miss episode 850. I was surprised that Grant returns at all, I thought that was his final exit. I actually didn't recognize him with that awful haircut.

Thanks for the episode summary, LOL.

Seen up to 850.Didn't realise Grant basically returned at the same time as Sophie.His haircut is a bit more "Ed-from-BUGS", which I guess is about four years later.Michael and Alf being best friends, hmm.I guess knowing the history of the characters and how long they end up being friends for it perhaps doesn't seem as strange as it might have done at the time.Then again, they are obviously good friends(well, they were up until about a week ago anyway), I'm just not sure how many people over the age of sixteen actually rate their friends in order of preference.

Is it me or has Haydn suddenly turned into the show's whipping boy?He's got Michael turning overnight from a cool working class dad to a snobby domineering patriarch, Alf's badmouthing him all over the place, Sally constantly telling him he's a rubbish friend to Blake, Blake throwing tantrums at him all the time(which is kind of understandable since he's clearly preoccupied with Karen but it's still Haydn I'm left feeling sorry for)...And as for Bobby, it's like Kick the Haydn has suddenly become a hobby for her:First she has a go at him for doing Blake's lines for him, which was admittedly presumptuous but well-intentioned, and then she seems to hold him solely responsible for the fight and storm round to have a go at him, even though Blake was repeatedly kicking and provoking him before he retaliated.

Knowing it's about two weeks until he leaves, it feels like it's building to the point where he just gets fed up of the lot of them and storms out of town.

Archived