1991 Episode Discussion

Guest Ryan

But wasn't the responsibility on David to at least use condoms if not abstain from sex? That's the thing about unplanned pregnancy cases like Sophie's, they always leave out those little yet important details, it's like the biggest elephant in the room there is in the world of Home And Away!

As for Karen, she was scared, she could have got a good lawyer, but was the option even considered? As for not rendering assistance for Alf, she was under Revhead's spell &/or scared of him.

No, the responsibility is both David and Sophie's EQUALLY. No-one forced her to have unprotected sex. And as has been pointed out, she was of LEGAL age. She is no less responsible than David.

As for Karen, they did say quite a few times that she had a very good lawyer, but obviously the judge was strict and wanted to make an example. I wonder why they didn't get Morag in, or at least mention her.

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

David is the older one, with more experience, and therefore he should have known better. Yes, yes, legally (as in the letter of the Law in NSW in 1991 — even though she was under 18 and so therefore technically still a minor not an adult) he may be allowed to have sex with her, but he could have at least had the decency to talk her out of it.

But wasn't the responsibility on David to at least use condoms if not abstain from sex? That's the thing about unplanned pregnancy cases like Sophie's, they always leave out those little yet important details, it's like the biggest elephant in the room there is in the world of Home And Away!

As for Karen, she was scared, she could have got a good lawyer, but was the option even considered? As for not rendering assistance for Alf, she was under Revhead's spell &/or scared of him.

No, the responsibility is both David and Sophie's EQUALLY. No-one forced her to have unprotected sex. And as has been pointed out, she was of LEGAL age. She is no less responsible than David.

As for Karen, they did say quite a few times that she had a very good lawyer, but obviously the judge was strict and wanted to make an example. I wonder why they didn't get Morag in, or at least mention her.

I was always under the impression that between now and 1993 Alf and Morag lost touch. By the way the conversations go in 1993. Did you recently have a car crash herself? Or am I imagining that?

Just as I thought Blake and Hayden were friends, they fight in the classroom. They have such a bromance going when they are friends though.

Crawford is like a cat that got the cream.

I just noticed that Blake and Sophie are both taken off the credits?

Just as I thought Blake and Hayden were friends, they fight in the classroom. They have such a bromance going when they are friends though.

Crawford is like a cat that got the cream.

I just noticed that Blake and Sophie are both taken off the credits?

Its only for a few weeks while the producers get there heads together.

I think Debra's Pippa was more likeable when she made guest returns between 2000-2009.

It's funny, I like Pippa better than Ailsa when Vanessa plays her and now that Debra plays her I find I much prefer Ailsa to Pippa.

Who do you guys like better, Ailsa or Pippa?.

Archived