1991 Episode Discussion

Guest Ryan

Havent read the forum for a while so a few of my thoughts:

Michael certainly did step in pretty quickly to replace Tom as alf's best friend. I guess they are best friends because they are the only 2 blokes in town around the same age- not much other choice than Donald!

I never watch the introduction of the show because I'm watching it after work and whizz through the start on fast forward. I never realise when people are taken off the intro - I just know when I see Marilyn I am getting close!

Lou/Ryan/nick story bores me but it will be interesting what happens tomorrow both out to lunch with their dates.

I don't think Sophie is over-reacting to hearing of davids death. I would probably have reacted the same way if I was 16. I think the fact that Lou & Don are showing no emotion at all is making her reaction appear over the top.

Ailsa' hasn't had many personal story lines about her for a long time- only being part of Karen's story which involved a lot of anger, and her, similar to bobby, just seem to pour people cups of coffee and listen and offer opinions on other people's dramas. I think if there was a storyline that revolved around ailsa that I might be digging her more than Pippa?

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Havent read the forum for a while so a few of my thoughts:

Michael certainly did step in pretty quickly to replace Tom as alf's best friend. I guess they are best friends because they are the only 2 blokes in town around the same age- not much other choice than Donald!

I never watch the introduction of the show because I'm watching it after work and whizz through the start on fast forward. I never realise when people are taken off the intro - I just know when I see Marilyn I am getting close!

Lou/Ryan/nick story bores me but it will be interesting what happens tomorrow both out to lunch with their dates.

I don't think Sophie is over-reacting to hearing of davids death. I would probably have reacted the same way if I was 16. I think the fact that Lou & Don are showing no emotion at all is making her reaction appear over the top.

Ailsa' hasn't had many personal story lines about her for a long time- only being part of Karen's story which involved a lot of anger, and her, similar to bobby, just seem to pour people cups of coffee and listen and offer opinions on other people's dramas. I think if there was a storyline that revolved around ailsa that I might be digging her more than Pippa?

That's how Irene and Leah are on show, just there to give people advice and that's how i like it.

Irene's arrival is fast approaching.

Sophie is overreacting to that ********'s death not because Mr Fisher and Loo are showing "no emotion", but because Sophie wouldn't've had time to get that hideously attached to him like they have been best friends for years. David was only in the show for 15 episodes (about 3 weeks).

David was actually in the show for 23 episodes, closer to 5 weeks than 3:He met Sophie in 816 and they last saw each other in 838.I think in effect Sophie's grieving for what could have been rather than what was, she and David had all these plans for a future together and now they've been snatched away and she'll never know if it would have happened or not.They did seem serious about each other, I doubt David would have faced up to the town's rage and been prepared to completely change his life for her for just a casual fling, and you perhaps could call it love in a sense, although whether it was the type of love that would have lasted is another matter.Again, they'll never know so in a way she'll always idolise those few weeks where they didn't have time for anything to go wrong.(Apart from the speeding car.)

David was actually in the show for 23 episodes, closer to 5 weeks than 3:He met Sophie in 816 and they last saw each other in 838.I think in effect Sophie's grieving for what could have been rather than what was, she and David had all these plans for a future together and now they've been snatched away and she'll never know if it would have happened or not.They did seem serious about each other, I doubt David would have faced up to the town's rage and been prepared to completely change his life for her for just a casual fling, and you perhaps could call it love in a sense, although whether it was the type of love that would have lasted is another matter.Again, they'll never know so in a way she'll always idolise those few weeks where they didn't have time for anything to go wrong.(Apart from the speeding car.)

I have to agree. His death will mess with Sophie's mind for the rest of her life

Even if she wasn't preggers

Sophie is overreacting to that ********'s death not because Mr Fisher and Loo are showing "no emotion", but because Sophie wouldn't've had time to get that hideously attached to him like they have been best friends for years. David was only in the show for 15 episodes (about 3 weeks).

Oh no I'm definitely not saying that Sophie is reacting like that because Lou and don aren't. I'm just thinking that her reaction may appear over the top to some because everyone else is showing no emotion.

Colette (isabel) was certainly trying to get nick to "ring her bell" in today's episode!!!! I think that nick only likes women that have the same haircut as him!?

I've come to see a reoccurring theme happening in the early years - everyone meets the "new person" in a confrontation/miscommunication etc on the side of the road who ends up when they find out who it is, being somebody of interest to them. Today is probably the only time (between Crawford and grant) that was kinda a positive interaction.

I have to agree. His death will mess with Sophie's mind for the rest of her life

Even if she wasn't preggers

What do you mean "for the rest of her life"?? She'll have other boyfriends, what makes David so bloody special??? Can't Sophie build a bridge and get over it??? It will only mess with your mind if you let it. David is in the past (and permanently so), there's nothing anyone can do about it.

Oh and I forgot to mention that when Marilyn was storming off, after hearing Adam doing his dodgy deal, her shoe fell off and she kept walking and Matt walking along after her picked it up! If you recorded it play it back and have a chuckle

Archived