1989 Episode Discussion

Guest Dan F

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Episode 449, the first episode of 1990 is due to air on July 26.

Which I cannot wait for.

Anyways, Viv is annoying me as usual. She likes Steve as a friend but could it be possible she's only liking him the way he likes her because of Emma?

I've really been enjoying the Morag-Bobby-Danny-Fisher story. It's ironic, in that it's like we're supposed to feel more sorry for Danny than Morag, despite him being the villain in the piece. I actually kind of felt sorry for Morag. I believe that what she said to Bobby in the diner was a front, and that she did really want to prevent Danny from doing anything harm her (Bobby). However, as is usual, she went about it all wrong.

Tom has been gone an awfully long time. Doesn't he dies soon anyway? It's sad, by the end of the year, Stacey, Martin, Lance, Celia and Tom will all be gone. :(

Tom has been gone an awfully long time. Doesn't he dies soon anyway? It's sad, by the end of the year, Stacey, Martin, Lance, Celia and Tom will all be gone. :(

Does anyone know why Tom was written out for such a lengthy period?

I'm kind of in two minds about the Danny storyline and I keep changing my mind as well.At first I found him a rather two-dimensional villain with a rather basic motive but my interest was piqued when it became obvious that, rather than just sitting around talking to himself, he was actually hearing voices.Then, ironically, he did actually seem to abandon his revenge plan.He did some pretty bad stuff to Morag beforehand and I can understand her not wanting him to get away with it but it's debatable whether her courtroom game actually achieved anything, other than pushing him over the edge.

I like Danny and I think he has a sympathetic storyline. I agree that if they had made it more obvious from the start that he was actually hearing voices and not just delivering cheesy villainous monologous then it would have helped! The fact that he chose to drop his vendetta for a "normal" life with Bobby adds to his likeability too.

I don't really feel sorry for Morag but of course she shouldn't have been victimised that way. I think when she originally found out about Danny and visited Donald at the school and said "I need to talk to you about Bobby and Danny", she did sound like she was genuinely concerned about Bobby going out with a lunatic, but she was snubbed by Fisher who told her to make an appointment, and any concerns she had were quickly overrided by anger resulting in her ridiculous "dinner party".

I was extremely sympathetic to Danny in the end as he was really trying to better himself and genuinely liked Bobby I think the story was done well but now there's nothing to look forward to until Blake arrives :(

Archived