1989 Episode Discussion

Guest Dan F

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was re-watching episode 432 before to watch the scene between Ailsa and Morag. Its a shame that the friendship that seemed to emerge after Ailsa's breakdown was destroyed by lack of trust but understandable given the circumstances. It was also quite sad that Morag threw up her walls again and decided to lie about coming back to Summer Bay to ruin Bobby's life. What a mess. And now she's gone!

Rubbish. Pity that some people seem to equate having a personality with being loud and obnoxious is all I can say.

She doesn't have to be obnoxious to be interesting I mean the idea of Viv is interesting, the poor farm girl who grew up being emotionally and physically abused by her father and possibly being the victim of a sexual and incestuous obsession of his. Having to escape his clutches to live life on the streets of Sydney, selling her body for money but worst of all is having to live with the guilt of leaving her younger sister behind. I mean she's so young, naive and impressionable think of the storyline possibilities? So what do they do? Team her up with the equally bland Stephen, the only difference is he is given the storylines to make him interesting.

I like Viv but I can see why others think she is boring. She wouldn't make it on to my 'all time favorite characters' list, she is rather forgettable I suppose. In fact I couldn't remember anything about her other than her introductory plot so I'm just taking her as I see her currently.

I've mostly liked Viv but I haven't been too keen on her recently, with her disrespectful attitude towards Donald, which I don't think she's apologised for and probably never will, and the way she's trying to get between Steven and Emma even though she doesn't actually seem to want him herself. It's got to the point where I'd rather Emma was with Steven, since she's being less of a cow.Don said a few weeks back that her sweet nature is her best asset and I agree but we haven't seen much of it lately.

Having seen up to 432, I actually don't think Morag was thinking of Bobby either way.She was mostly interested in punishing Danny and possibly scaring him off before he turned on her again.She was clearly lying about sitting on the information, she arranged the dinner the same day she found out who he was.

I think whoever said Tammy was going to turn up must have been have misread a figure, that's Viv's departure storyline in about 100 episodes' time!

Archived