1989 Episode Discussion

Guest Dan F

Possibly.Although if Ailsa has a problem with that, you wonder why she's given Emma a job, seemingly on the grounds that no-one who isn't related to her would be daft enough to employ her.I think Ailsa was worried that Emma's not responsible enough to learn to drive but whichever way you look at it it seems like a double standard.

She probably feels that driving lessons is a step too far, especially since Emma has just upset one of their friends.

What Alf did is a common male flaw; he tried to support the missus in something he disapproves of and made a pig's ear of it as a result of his insincerity.

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh i totaly love the classics. ive seen every single episode from episode 1 - 420 now and wow

i can understand why the fans of neighbours are pi**ed about H&A, because they know that H&A is better xDD

look at Emma J. what an beauty and she is so great. and i think danni minogue played her character better and acts better than her sister kylie minogue on neighbours in the 80's.

and Marylin HA how young she looks. wow im stunned. she looks so great back in the 80's and looks great in the new ones.

And Alf. how funny like ever. ohh alf is the greatest. and young sally. when i look at alf or at sally, i can't stop laughin. they so cute and funny in their scenes. i hope alf will return this year. miss him. but when not, i have my classic episodes with him xD

Okay it's official, Viv is a loser!!!

Fisher has done everything for her, he defender her against her dad, he gave her a home to stay at, he made sure she got enrolled at school, and what thanks does he get? None. She calls him a bigot, as well as telling Bobby to "drop dead". Loser. She turns against Fisher for absolutely no reason, she is a weak individual, I was hoping someone would punch her out and see if they can knock some sense into her. I love it how she waged school and narrowly avoided a major incident, and she still says to Fisher, "you just gotta let me make my own decisions and learn from my mistakes". What the heck has Fisher done that is so bad, so controlling? NOTHING!!! The only mistake Fisher made was helping you out. Loser, capital L.

Finally getting around to some of the Scene Counts from 1989, up to Episode 295 (the episode that ends with Steven breaking Martin's arm).

Bobby - 250

Carly - 174

Celia - 170

Lance - 169

Morag - 162

Tom - 160

Frank - 159

Martin - 154

Steven - 152

Roo - 146

Fisher - 133

Stacey - 131

Pippa - 130

Alf - 128

Ailsa - 118

Philip - 108

Matt - 66

Sally - 63

Certainly looks like Bobby will be the most used character for the first 2 years. Interesting however compared to 1988 (slightly skewed by the Pilot) how much more evenly shared the stories are. Certainly Celia who wasn't used a lot in the first 100 episodes of 1988 has become a key figure in this period of the show. She however has a 8 week holiday later in the year, so I don't think she'll podium.

A note on Floss and Neville, in their 32 episodes before they left, Neville appeared in less scenes than Dodge did, Dodge 32 v Neville's 31, oh, and nice to see Matt as relevant as he was in 1988. I kind of chuckle when he appears in a scene or two at the diner taking someone's order and then not again in the entire episode. An 80's Irene you may say!

Im not sure of the song title either nlb but its definetly by Paul Kelly I think it was a popular song in the 80s. Gametime Viv is not a loser. Some of the decisions she has been making arnt very good though like getting in the car with those hoons. Yes Emma may be a bad influance on her. But Viv seems to not have many female friends her own age. So Emmas like a godsend for her even though shes mad at Emma at the moment. Im sure if Emma explained to her why she run away in the first place Viv might understand a bit better why she did

Archived