1989 Episode Discussion

Guest Dan F

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah thats right. Its a totally different time back then. Things have changed now. There are newer fans now that wernt born back then. I love her Emma dosent let Matt push her around her was such a jerk that time in the Diner when he was making fun of her appearance he deserved that milk getting poured over his head. And the way he treated Viv. Considering he dissed Carly have she looked down on his fathers job awhile back he should know better he should treat woman with respect.

Even if the stories were nearly identical, they did air 21 years apart.

Danny's story reminds me of another storyline much more than the Penn story.

Man is sent to jail for something he didn't do, he dies in prison, months later his son comes to town to find the person he holds responsible for his father's death. He has a position of trust in the Bay and moves in with his "victim", during which time he makes this victim appear like they are losing their mind to everybody around him... this person even stars hearing voices and seeing things which nobody else believes them about. Know which storyline I mean?

2005?

I think though, there comes a point when broadly similiar stories will come around again. You just need to avoid them happening to the same person again and for constant characters to perhaps recognise some similiarities (with out trying to make it a continuity orgy). That's where the Alf/long-lost child storyline becomes a bit stretched.

Emma is getting on my nerves. She shows little respect for her elders. And she is wrong about Viv not owing Fisher anything. Viv owes him a lot. He gave her a roof over her head and has shown her a lot of kindness and he genuinely cares about her. :angry: I'm glad the old Bobby resurfaced to give Emma a peace of her mind. I'm really liking Bobby now.

Ailsa needs to wake up, Emma has her wrapped around her little finger.

Adam can be a sly, scheming guy but I love him-for now.

I can't stand Carly. I don't know I dislike more, Carly or Stacey. I'm liking Steven again now that Dodge is gone.

EDIT: Lance is a lot smarter than we give him credit for. IMO.

I loved Lance in that episode! :lol:

Bobby is annoying me lately. Look at what you were a few years ago, she of all people should be giving Emma a chance!

This is totally true, though from memory Bobby really only treated people the way they treated her. A lot of her aggro was directed at people who looked down at her or mistreated her. Anyone who said "Bobby I'm going to give you a fair go if you behave yourself" pretty much got her respect. In Emma's case, she has thrown this opportunity back in everyone's faces including Bobby's.

Bobby really only treated people the way they treated her. A lot of her aggro was directed at people who looked down at her or mistreated her. Anyone who said "Bobby I'm going to give you a fair go if you behave yourself" pretty much got her respect. In Emma's case, she has thrown this opportunity back in everyone's faces including Bobby's.

Exactly.

Archived