1989 Episode Discussion

Guest Dan F

I watch the episodes on youtube as I am not at home when the Early Years airs but I was just wondering what episode we are currently at on TV? On youtube I have seen up to episode 405 (where Celia puts string all over Morag's house) but I don't know if that's behind what everyone else has seen?

you are up to date with the tv at keast untill 406 airs in 45 mins or so

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love Celia Stewart. Is she the youngest of the Stewart family? Poor Celia, she means well, wanting to protect and take care of her big sister but things just end up being worse than they should be.

Danny is creepy, talking to himself like that.

Does Viv leave anytime soon? I'd rather watch paint dry. She's so boring!

Emma has a chip on her shoulder-so ungrateful.

What else...I also love Adam Cameron and I remember having a bit of crush on him back in those days.

Surprised this thread has died down a bit, especially considering how good the episodes have been lately. For mine this has been the best week of H&A for ages, at least since Dodge’s storyline was reaching it’s conclusion.

Started off with Martin and Lance and weren’t there some classic scenes with Martin trying to sell the toy’s!! Each time the price was being lowered as Martin became more desperate. And then when Martin got so excited about selling 1 and yet had over a thousand left! :lol: How funny when Martin was trying to sell them to the kids and he looks up and the cop is there!! Gold.

Then the Emma storyline, loving it. I didn’t even know it was Dannii Minogue until I stumbled across the credits!! I really like her, she’s obviously very untrusting, but deep down (I know I said this about Dodge!!) she’s a nice person, you could tell as she was talking to Ailsa about Adam. I can’t believe how understanding and compassionate Ailsa is, what a legend.

Then the Morag/Danny/Celia storyline, also excellent. Celia is hilarious, how about her booby trapping Morag’s house! Alf is completely right, even if hit had been the psycho (Danny), Celia would’ve really been in for it then! She always means well, but she certainly doesn’t always think everything though! Danny is really creepy; I’m really looking forward to the conclusion of this storyline. Alf and Celia have so many quality scenes at the store!

And a few more things, enjoying the Pippa/Coral storyline, I obviously haven’t seen these eps so I don’t know how any of the plots are resolved. We’ve seen Coral steal from the store so I wonder if she’ll continue down that path, makes me wonder whether she bought Steven’s calculator and Carly’s outfit and whatnot. Or maybe I’m reading too much into it!

And lastly, the raft race, great stuff! Adam’s a great character, and I know many seem to dislike him, but I reckon Matt’s pretty cool too, even if he is super sleazy. He and Adam have had numerous great scenes and they seem to have good chemistry, often have what seems like real laughs in filming their scenes.

Enough from me!!

Oh and notice how Emma doesn't mind being touched by Alsa, yet wait till

Alf tries to give her a cuddle. The spiteful bitch jumps and screams neurotically, "DON'T TOUCH ME!!! Just.....don't touch me"

That raft race was blatantly sexist.

Danny continues to get away with his terror campaign against Morag. I loved how Alf went WHAT THE BLAZERS at the end of Episode 405 when he stumbles upon Vera's booby trap. I wish Danny would get arrested and taken away in total disgrace like Dodge was......

Then the Emma storyline, loving it. I didn’t even know it was Dannii Minogue until I stumbled across the credits!! I really like her, she’s obviously very untrusting, but deep down (I know I said this about Dodge!!) she’s a nice person, you could tell as she was talking to Ailsa about Adam. I can’t believe how understanding and compassionate Ailsa is, what a legend.

I don't understand why everyone in Summer Bay is comparing Emma to Dodge; it's apples and oranges. Right from the start, Emma has been totally upfront about who she is and what she wants; you can call her a lot of things, but you could never call her two-faced. What you see is what you get.

Dodge, on the other hand, lied and manipulated from the moment he set foot in Summer Bay.

Having seen up to 405, Danny is rather creepy but there is a touch of the silly stalker about him, with his habit of making melodramatic speeches to himself/a photograph.One minute he's about to batter Morag to death, the next his evil plan is to finish a jigsaw.I do wonder if the reason Marilyn's been written out is because this storyline wouldn't work as well if she was living with Morag and they couldn't think of a way to have her move out that they liked.

I thought Adam and Matt were pretty mean making the bet about Emma and Carly was pretty mean to tell her about it, it was like they all assumed that because Emma acts tough she doesn't have feelings.She seemed genuinely happy when Adam asked her out and obviously thought he liked her, so this is just going to give her another reason not to trust anyone.Glad Pippa seems a bit more like herself at the moment, her initial attitude towards Emma, before she'd even met her, was very discomforting.It was like she thought that because she had a bad experience with Dodge no-one should ever try to help a teenager again.

Martin hanging around outside the school in a trenchcoat and talking in a gravelly voice was a real face palm moment.You do have to wonder where his brain is sometimes.

I like Viv as well.I mean, I can see why she's no classic(and why I'd never heard of her until I joined this site)and she does seem a bit of a generic teen at times but she's sweet-natured and likeable and she's got a fairly interesting back story that the writers seem to have kept in mind.I'm actually really rooting for her and Steven to get together, I thought it would have happened by now but then she developed her weird older guy fixation...

Archived