1989 Episode Discussion

Guest Dan F

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL, maciam and clearly became confused, in absolute reverse.

Perry - I still don't get the whole point of the Rory story line though, what was the point?

As I said it's not over yet.

Oh, STILL? I know that you said that, but I thought that today would have ended it. How many more episodes?

I'll expand more on recent posts laster, but the two guys who Viv 'crashed' into with their car, one of them was Stephen's running friend from school wasn't it, the one who Samuels picked on, the cop's kid? He changed heads in such a short space of time, all of a sudden he's a rebel who seems to like causing trouble. Shame if it is the same kid because he seemed like a good bloke initially. Unless they want us to believe it's a different boy.

I think you're referring to Craig Barnett, played by Jonathan Niesche, who was last seen in 218?The two guys in the car were Revhead and Skids, played by Gavin Harrison and Chris Harding respectively, who were both seen before Craig disappeared(although I think Skids was only glimpsed briefly in 186 and wasn't given a name until much later;Revhead first appeared in 152).Revhead's real name is Morris Gibson and...apparently Skids' is as well but that's probably a continuity error. Since Bob Barnett seems to have disappeared too, there seemed to be a new sergeant when Morag was complaining about Danny, I'm guessing the family have left town.

Yeah, Barnett leaves to become a bus driver.

:lol:

I really enjoyed the friendship between Rory and Sally, quite cool to watch. Rory's last day was quite sad, bittersweet and gruesome.

I'm remembering why Adam became a fast favorite, I'd forgotten a lot of his time on the show since that early 90's era has been so hard to come by. Matt also seems to have got much more of a look in over the last few weeks, though he's more of a sidekick than a full time character.

Haven't seen today's episode yet... looking forward to the aftermath of 'the news'.

Carly is an absolute joke. Biggest sleazebag ever. Can't keep her eyes on the same guy for more than 5 minutes.

As for Rory, when the truth was starting to come out about his name, how Carly was his ‘fiancée’ and all the rest, I thought he was a joke. But then when Carly summed it up at the end about how he was finally so happy so he just exaggerated everything to his sister, I suddenly understood it all and felt sorry for him. The guy meant well, but was obviously a real loner and finally felt as though he belonged. I can’t believe they killed him off after such a short time, and in such a brutal way! Even when the shark was attacking him I thought somehow he’d survive. Eaten alive by a shark, what a horrible way to go.

Gordon Macklin proving a leopard doesn’t change its spots.

Tom’s back, but in a very reduced capacity. He was (or is) a great character, I can’t believe they wrote him out for months, and now that he’s back, I doubt we’ll see much of the old Tom anyway.

Carly is an absolute joke. Biggest sleazebag ever. Can't keep her eyes on the same guy for more than 5 minutes.

Quite agree there. I can't stand Carly. Selfish, and I quite agree with Sally, " she's horrible and doesn't deserve anyone!"

Carly is a very complex character, IMO. I started watching HAA in about 1994, so I never knew her character that well (as I did see her when she came back fro Sally's wedding etc...). IMO, she is paradoxically selfish but kind-hearted. She seems downright selfish at times, but she does seem to want to do things for others, eg it was her idea to have the party for Tom's homecoming. I like and dislike her at the same time.

Archived