Opening Credits / Opening Theme Discussion

Dean

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes I'm interested to see what the changes in the UK are too.

I watch at UK pace, so I'm not going to spoil myself with the changes until the 2013 premiere airs here, but from this thread it's clear there have been some changes to the opener since last year, so I assume that will extend to the closing credits to.

Visually I expect there to be some changes to mirror whatever has happened to the opener, but musically I would imagine there will be no change. I think we would have heard months ago if there was going to be a different version of the closing theme.

Unless... they haven't re-recorded the vocals but have changed the instrumental arrangement so that it is similar to the opener/recap music?

I can't imagine them recording a brand new track specifically for the overseas audience because they seem to make the show for Australia primarily - but I'd love to be proved wrong. Perhaps they'll just do as you say and re-mix the old vocals into a new musical arrangement.

Luke & Tarryn are still credited on the Australian end credits for vocals - the credits are the same for each episode regardless of what format they're shown in (in-house Seven style or international style), so the Aus version would have been updated accordingly if there were new singers.

Archived