Opening Credits / Opening Theme Discussion

Dean

I would love to see the opening credits back, but unfortunately I don't think it will ever happen :( .

I think it's pretty obvious Network 7 restricts title length to 15 seconds now, and the general dislike of the 2009 opening and its swift removal show that it's all they can do.

It's a real shame the network cannot make an exception for it's most iconic show, with an iconic theme tune. As I said above I think a 50minute 50second sequence once a week would work really well.

Don't let me trash your ideas though, let's hope they do bring them back some day.

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I said above I think a 50minute 50second sequence once a week would work really well.

Yeah I think that's a great idea! I really don't understand why they can't make an exception if it's just once a week. It's a real shame. Why can't Lucy Addario just admit that it's Network 7 who won't allow longer credits instead of conjuring up lame excuses such as packing in an extra minute of drama?

I hope the opening credits do return to the show. It is hard to pinpoint who is a regular and who isn't. I wasn't even aware that Natalie was a permanent character up until a few weeks ago. I thought she was a guest with a 6 month contract or something. Anyway it's annoying not to have the credits. They've been around for 20 years, so why change it now?

• 4 weeks later...

Well sure a petition would work and I think something short and sweat would be great. My favourite opening credits is the 2004-6 ones. The opening credits isn't just about a little opener so it looks good. It actually adds to character a little and gives us an idea of who's associated with who and what relations are strong in the show.

I had a reply from Mike Perjanik about this and he agrees with the fans. He said fans should do a petition and send it in to Channel. Neighbours have a decent opening and good drama, I know petitions do work so why dont fans do one and send it in?

i agree, well would bttb support a petition to get them back put it on the main page ect?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived