Opening Credits / Opening Theme Discussion

Dean

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ I really want to, that's something I've been meaning to do for ages.

I was talking about it with alexx and I think Andrew in another thread a while back, probably the one where alexx had done his own version of Sophie's theme. I just never seem to have any spare time atm, but once uni is finished this summer, hopefully I'll have a chance. I've got a really good idea for what I want to do, just need to find a Midi USB keyboard from somewhere.

I don't think its any fault on the producers, It's more a Channel 7 rule!!

I can't wait to hear 'Previously On' versions of the theme tune.

The problem with the current version is that at no point does it shout out 'Home and Away Theme Tune'. The first 5 seconds are good.

The 2010 version had hints of the 1988 theme and the 2011 version was a modern version of the 1988 theme. Then the 2012 theme which I actually quite liked, it was just the recap music that went downhill.

I'm hoping that the 2013 UK season premiere will feature a remixed closing theme.

Well the 2009/2010 recap music worked for both dramatic and sad occasions.

I have to admit I liked the upbeat version of the 2012 music. I can't find the clip but it was used in episode 5368 when Jett wishes Gina was his Mum.

The 2010 version seemed louder too, What I mean is the scene didn't drown out the music like it seems to now.Well the 2009/2010 recap music worked for both dramatic and sad occasions.

I have to admit I liked the upbeat version of the 2012 music. I can't find the clip but it was used in episode 5368 when Jett wishes Gina was his Mum.

The 2010 version seemed louder too, What I mean is the scene didn't drown out the music like it seems to now.

The people in those shot's could be random extra's for all we see of them.

I don't think they're going for a "this week, it's Brax" (It's not him anyway) sort of thing.. more 'teens doing watersport', which is perfectly fine as an alternative to those rather lifeless aerial shots. The style is nice so I don't really care if it's only ever young people.

Archived