Opening Credits / Opening Theme Discussion

Dean

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HA! Not while Lucy Addario is at the helm, that's for sure.

Her comments last year on the subject pretty much summed up how insignificant she considers the opening credits to be...

I don't agree with her reason of not having the opening credits. The excuse that it allows more screen time for the actual episode is rubbish. Home and Away had opening credits for every single episode for its first 18 years and the show didn't suffer then. So why would it suffer now?

HA! Not while Lucy Addario is at the helm, that's for sure.

Her comments last year on the subject pretty much summed up how insignificant she considers the opening credits to be...

I don't agree with her reason of not having the opening credits. The excuse that it allows more screen time for the actual episode is rubbish. Home and Away had opening credits for every single episode for its first 18 years and the show didn't suffer then. So why would it suffer now?

I think the credits are cut to make more room for commercials.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've got a feeling Seven have something to do with it too, but I don't see why they wouldn't just tell us if that were the case.

If it really is a decision made by the producers, I don't understand it really. Sometimes the recap back in the 90's was only 10-20 seconds long, it's only since 2000 that the recaps became so long.

I agree that the most cheesy credits were from 2000-onwards. If they were to bring the credits back and have them like they were in 2006-2007 for example, I'd rather them not bring them back at all.

Archived